Kate McNulty LCSW
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Kate McNulty LCSW
Kate McNulty is a private practice therapist who has studied relationship research for over 20 years. Kate applies contemporary thinking on relationships and intimacy to the lives of Autistic and Asperger's people. She is Autistic and enjoys making artwork, hiking and singing.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Kate McNulty LCSW
Everyday techniques to strengthen empathy and connection in neurodiverse couples
Life with a partner whose neurotype is different than yours is filled with moments that are surprising, unique, and sometimes challenging. If one of you is on the Autism Spectrum and the other is neurotypical, this Aspergers books is a helpful and inclusive guide to understanding the nature of your relationship and navigating its particular obstacles—while keeping your love for each other at the center of everything.
Even though Aspergers is no longer an official diagnosis, many people—like you or your partner—may still fit the Aspergers profile and identify with the term. This book is designed with you in mind, featuring expert advice from relationship therapist Kate McNulty. Inside, you'll find engaging scenarios of couples experiencing similar challenges, combined with practical, evidenced-based solutions that address the needs and perspectives of both partners equally.
Love and Aspergers helps you:
- Work together—Find easy ways to improve communication, cultivate emotional and physical intimacy, and maintain a commitment to learning about each other.
- Appreciate your differences—Open a window into the inner world of your partner, and the ways in which their experiences differ from yours so you can convey your own perspective more effectively.
- Break through the stereotypes—Sort out myths and facts so you can understand neurotypical and neurodiverse thinking and make your life together as a couple more loving and more rewarding.
Deepen your relationship and your communication with an enlightening book on Aspergers and love.
Reconnect and strengthen your relationship with your adult child
Even though your role as a parent changes when your child is grown, that doesn’t necessarily mean it gets any easier. Whether you’re facing challenges in your relationship with your adult child or you’ve simply grown apart, Parenting Adult Children can help you build the skills necessary to overcome hurdles and create a stronger bond.
Discover expert advice and focused strategies for establishing a foundation of communication that promotes trust, authenticity, and healthy boundaries. You’ll explore your evolving relationship and find guidance for navigating issues with financial stability, substance abuse, in-laws, child-rearing, and more.
Parenting Adult Children includes:
- Real-life scenarios—Read relatable stories that include evidence-based tips and techniques you can apply in your own relationship.
- An inclusive approach—Get positive, non-judgmental guidance for parenting adult children, designed for diverse families of any belief or background.
- Intentional communication—Find step-by-step instructions on the best approaches for honest and respectful conversations with your adult child.
Build a deeper connection with your adult child with help from Parenting Adult Children.