Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Kelly Cable
KELLY CABLE is the soap maker and herbalist behind the popular blog Simple Life Mom. She is also the author of The Natural Soap Making Book for Beginners and Easy Soap Making. For 15 years, Kelly’s been making soap from scratch using all-natural ingredients and selling her soaps through her successful Etsy shop. In her soap making books, Kelly shares her knowledge of the tricks of the trade for beginners and DIY veterans alike. Learn more at SimpleLifeMom.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Unleash your creativity by making your own all-natural soap
Making soap with all-natural ingredients lets you express your creative side while reducing chemicals in your cleansing routine, but where do you begin? This helpful resource for entry-level soap makers will demystify the process and show you how to bring nature and your own unique style into your everyday soaps.
What sets The Natural Soapmaking Book for Beginners apart from other soap making books:
- Soap making basics—Learn all you need to know before making your first batch of soap, like the science behind what happens when you combine ingredients, helpful soap making terminology, and lists of all the supplies you’ll need (including lye). This section also provides instructions for using natural colors and scents to make your soaps look and smell beautiful.
- Step-by-step tutorials—Dive into cold-process soap making and unlock your artistic abilities using simple guides for mixing, melting, and pouring, as well as instructions for creating silky smooth, layered, and embossed soaps.
- 55+ all-natural soap recipes—This book will teach you to make a variety of soaps infused with natural herbs, oils, and milks, including a creamy Gentle Baby Soap, an antioxidant-rich Avocado and Shea Face Bar with Aloe, and a nourishing Goat Milk and Honey Shampoo Bar.
Master the basic techniques you need to create luxurious soap and body care products with The Natural Soapmaking Book for Beginners.
Easy, creative recipes to get you started with soap making
Making homemade soap means being able to create beautiful designs while using the best natural ingredients for the body. Unlock the artistic possibilities with the tutorials and recipes in this beginner’s soap-making book. Get started right away with recipes that take an hour or less of active time and use just a few ingredients. Easy-to-follow instructions mean that anyone, no matter their level of experience, can enjoy making handmade soaps to gift, display, or use every day.
- Multiple methods—Explore the differences between melt-and-pour, hand-milled, and cold-process soap making.
- Natural ingredients—Discover how to choose and use ingredients like carrier oils, essential oils, colorants, and decorations.
- A variety of recipes—Nourish thirsty skin with creamy Yogurt Moisturizing Soap, invigorate the senses with the woodsy fragrance of Rosemary Peace Soap, or gift indulgence in a bar of Warm Vanilla and Honey Soap.
Whip up beautifully simple bars with this standout among soap making books for beginners.