Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Ken Bluttman
Hope you enjoy what I have provided. It's always a hoot writing a book - keeping late hours, forgetting to eat, and trying to pet my cat and type at the same time.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Put the power of Excel functions to work in your formulas
There are more than 400 built-in functions in Excel 2019, from AGGREGATE to Z.TEST. The question is which ones will make your work easier? How and why should you use a particular function in your formulas? Excel Formulas and Functions For Dummies offers thorough but easy-to-read coverage of powerful Excel functions.
With this book, you’ll learn to apply the power of Excel functions and formulas to make your work and other tasks easier. Compare 15-year vs. 30-year mortgage terms, choose between leasing or buying a car, compute classroom grades, create an amortization table, evaluate investment performance, calculate the real cost of credit card purchases, or forecast college expenses and savings. All of this and more is possible when you master functions and formulas in Excel. Although it covers the latest software version, Excel 2019, the techniques and functions described in this book can be used on any version of Excel.
- Step-by-step instruction on Excel's 150 most useful functions
- Each function is illustrated by helpful, real-world examples
- 85 specialized functions are described in abbreviated form
- Includes Excel’s must-know functions
This book is a must-read for beginning to intermediate Excel users who want to find out how to use Excel’s powerful built-in functions.
erleichtert Ihnen Ihre Arbeit? Wie setzen Sie die Funktionen richtig
ein? Wie lautet die Syntax? Dieses Buch stellt Excel-Einsteigern die 150 nützlichsten
Excel-Funktionen ausführlich vor. Sie lernen, wie Sie Formeln richtig
für Statistiken einsetzen, Prognosen erstellen und Wahrscheinlichkeiten
berechnen und vieles mehr. Einige Funktionen erleichtern den Alltag mit Excel
und lassen Sie schneller erreichen, was Sie eigentlich wollen. Der richtige
Gebrauch der Funktionen wird Ihnen anhand von Beispielen verdeutlicht.
If you have large quantities of data in a Microsoft Access database, and need to study that data in depth, this book is a data cruncher's dream. Access Data Analysis Cookbook offers practical recipes to solve a variety of common problems that users have with extracting Access data and performing calculations on it. Each recipe includes a discussion on how and why the solution works.
Whether you use Access 2007 or an earlier version, this book will teach you new methods to query data, different ways to move data in and out of Access, how to calculate answers to financial and investment issues, and more. Learn how to apply statistics to summarize business information, how to jump beyond SQL by manipulating data with VBA, how to process dates and times, and even how to reach into the Excel data analysis toolkit. Recipes demonstrate ways to:
- Develop basic and sophisticated queries
- Apply aggregate functions, custom functions, regular expressions, and crosstabs
- Apply queries to perform non-passive activities such as inserting, updating, and deleting data
- Create and manipulate tables and queries programmatically
- Manage text-based data, including methods to isolate parts of a string and ways to work with numbers that are stored as text
- Use arrays, read and write to the Windows registry, encrypt data, and use transaction processing
- Use the FileSystemObject, use XML with XSLT, communicate with SQL Server, and exchange data with other Office products
- Find answers from time-based data, such as how to add time, count elapsed time, work with leap years, and how to manage time zones in your calculations
- Deal with business and finance problems, including methods for calculating depreciation, loan paybacks, and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Explore statistical techniques, such as frequency, variance, kurtosis, linear regression, combinations and permutations
As part of the Microsoft Office suite, Access has become the industry's leading desktop database management program for organizing, accessing, and sharing information. But taking advantage of this product to build increasingly complex Access applications requires something more than your typical how-to book. What it calls for is Access Hacks from O'Reilly.This valuable guide provides direct, hands-on solutions that can help relieve the frustrations felt by users struggling to master the program's various complexities. For experienced users, Access Hacks offers a unique collection of proven techniques and tools that enable them to take their database skills and productivity to the next level. For Access beginners, it helps them acquire a firm grasp of the program's most productive features.A smart collection of insider tips and tricks, Access Hacks covers all of the program's finer points. Among the multitude of topics addressed, it shows users how to:
- work with Access in multi-user environments
- utilize SQL queries
- work with external data and programs
- integrate Access with third-party products
Develop cross-platform multimedia applications with HTML5
Now you can create rich, interactive content in the browser and deploy it across all platforms. HTML5 Multimedia Developer's Guide shows you how. You'll learn to use the revolutionary new features of HTML5, including the native audio, video, and drawing elements that eliminate the need for third-party plug-ins. New tags, the simplified doctype, local data storage, drag-and-drop, and geolocation are also covered. Detailed code examples illustrate the techniques discussed. By the end of the book, you'll be able to develop amazing multimedia applications and websites with HTML5.
- Use canvas for drawing, animation, effects, and events
- Create and view videos with the native video element
- Add and play audio files with the native audio element
- Take advantage of local data storage functions
- Apply drag-and-drop functionality
- Build location-aware web pages with the geolocation property
- Develop well-structured pages using the new semantic layout tags
- Add functionality to web forms with the new form objects
- Learn about new CSS3 properties and enhancements
- Use the editable content and offline files features
Un guide pédagogique pour maîtriser les formules et fonctions d'Excel 2016 et 2019 comme un maestro !
Ce livre vous guide pas à pas dans l'apprentissage de l'élaboration et de la manipulation des fonctions et formules d'Excel.
Au programme :
Création et modification de formules
Mise au point et tests
Les dates et les heures
Fonctions de recherche
Travailler sur les listes de données
Personnalisation avec VBA