|Item Weight||57 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.7 x 48.3 x 29.6 inches|
|Item model number||OLED55E9PUA|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
LG OLED55E9PUA Alexa Built-in E9 Series 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2019)
This product has Amazon Alexa functionality built in, providing a voice forward experience that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read news, and more.
- LG a9 GEN 2 INTELLIGENT PROCESSOR: Images, action and color are brought to new life to instantly enhance picture quality through LG's best 4K processor, empowered by AI at its core.
- LG THINQ, ALEXA AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology.
- DOLBY VISION AND DOLBY ATMOS: Transform your TV into an entertainment powerhouse Advanced image and sound technologies inspired by the cinema optimize picture and sound for a spectacular, more lifelike experience in every scene. The ultra-vivid picture and powerful, moving audio seem to flow all around you.
- GLASS DESIGN: marries the perfection of unrivaled, unique design for minimalist touch that blends with your carefully curated interiors.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC COMPATIBILITY: exceptional picture quality of perfect black and intense colors combine with smooth gameplay to take PC gaming to new heights.
- WISA SPEAKER COMPATIBILITY: works seamlessly to deliver high fidelity in wireless audio. It dramatically elevates the cinematic sound of everything you watch. Only supports 5.1 Channel and 2.0 Channel. Transmitter dongle required and sold separately.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|SIGNATURE OLED Z9PUA||SIGNATURE OLED W9PUA||OLED E9PUA||OLED C9PUA/PUB||OLED B9PUA|
|Screen Size Class/ Display Type||88"/OLED||77" 65"/OLED||65" 55" /OLED||77" 65" 55" /OLED||77" 65" 55" /OLED|
|Design||Minimal Sculpture||Picture-On-Wall||Picture-On-Glass||Perfect Cinema Screen||Perfect Cinema Screen|
|Processor||LG α9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor 8K||α9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor||α9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor||α9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor||α7 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor|
|Billion Rich Colors||Yes (10-bit)||Yes (10-bit)||Yes (10-bit)||Yes (10-bit)||Yes (10-bit)|
|HDR||8K Cinema HDR (8K HLG Pro, 4K Dolby Vision, 4K Technicolor HDR)||4K Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG)||4K Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG)||4K Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG)||4K Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG)|
|LG ThinQ AI||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Amazon Alexa/ Google Assistant Built-in||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Smart TV/ Magic Remote Included||Yes/ Yes||Yes/ Yes||Yes/ Yes||Yes/ Yes||Yes/ Yes|
|Number of USB Ports/ HDMI Ports||3/4||3/4||3/4||3/4||3/4|
|Audio||Dolby Atmos 4.2 Ch 80W (WF: 40W)||Dolby Atmos 4.2 Ch 60W (WF: 20W)||Dolby Atmos 4.2 Ch 60W (WF: 20W)||Dolby Atmos 2.2 Ch 40W (WF: 20W)||Dolby Atmos 2.2 Ch 40W (WF: 20W)|
Compare with similar items
LG OLED55CXPUA Alexa Built-In CX Series 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2020)
LG OLED55E9PUA Alexa Built-in E9 Series 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2019) (Renewed)
LG Electronics OLED55E8PUA 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2018 Model)
|Sold By||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com||OnlyNewTvs||AAAA Universe|
|Connectivity Technology||HDMI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wireless, USB||Bluetooth, Ethernet, HDMI, USB, Wireless||HDMI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wireless, USB||HDMI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wireless, USB|
|Screen Size||55 inches||55 inches||55 inches||55 inches|
|Native Resolution||3840 x 2160 pixels||—||3840 x 2160 pixels||—|
|Total HDMI Ports||4||4||4||4|
Timeless. Elegant. Pristine. LG OLED TV with a flawless glass design form a perfect pairing. Perfect black and infinite contrast portray the darkest scenes in stunning detail. Our most powerful AI-powered 4K, α9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor enhances everything you watch. Picture and sound are elevated with premium Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Plus this LG AI TV is the world's most intelligent TV with LG ThinQ AI and the voice control of the Google Assistant* and Alexa are built-in. *Service limited to certain languages. Some features require 3rd party service subscriptions. ***Not pictured – Included TV-to-AV Box cable is required for TV operation. Please consult with your local installer for proper installation.
Visible screen diagonal
55" / 140 cm
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Oh, a side note, the TV runs as hot as an old plasma TV. If you need to heat your room, it is good for that purpose.
I will NEVER buy another LG product and you shouldn't either,
Was totally blown away, though, by the LG OLED picture quality. HDR content in particular is just stunning. The blacks are truly inky, and the contrast is amazing. From a pure PQ standpoint, I am completely satisfied with my purchase. Further, the image processing is excellent. I was concerned about having to mess with things when watching sports versus movies versus TV in a way that we never had to do with plasma. But quite frankly, after having set the LG on the cinema preset, that's good for like 95+% of our viewing. If I remember, when watching sports I do change it to the sports preset, which gives a slightly better "look."
Further, viewing angles are just as good to my eyes as plasma is. And I'm aware that QLED is brighter than OLED, but OLED is more than sufficiently bright for our purposes, even with the TV being installed in a room with lots of windows. When the western sun is coming through the windows on a sunny day, we will lower the blinds (the TV is in a corner facing outwards in the same direction that the sun comes in), but that's more because the sun is blinding than the TV not being visible. Much, much brighter than our Panasonic plasma.
Now, some other considerations:
(1) The remote is awful. Just awful. I have no clue why people like this remote. We hate it. That said, we don't use it. Our Roku box remote can turn the TV on and control volume, and frankly that's all we need.
(2) We don't use any of the smart features. Don't even have it connected to our network. I'm happy to report that you don't have to do this (just skip this during setup), and the TV doesn't nag you. The smart features are missing some channels that Roku has, so I don't see the point of using the LG's built-in smart features, particularly since the Roku remote, which is so much better, can control this TV.
(3) Setup was a bit more complicated than it should be. It's been a while since we've purchased the TV, but I recall being frustrated, particularly since I also recently purchased a Vizio TV for my mom, and that was child's play to set up. The LG is not difficult, mind you, but don't necessarily expect to breeze through it.
Setup in this context means both connecting the base to the TV and going through the initial setup of settings on the TV in the guided walk-through. Both are more complicated than they should be.
(4) We purchased the E9 over the C9 for aesthetics and sound -- note that the image processing capability and the panel are the same on both (the B9 has the same panel, but slightly worse image processing capability apparently). In hindsight, I probably would go for the C9. Two reason.
First, we have our E9 positioned in the corner. Yes, when you go and look at the TV from the side the profile is stunning in thinness as compared to the C9. But, we never go look at the TV from the side. We see a giant slab of TV with minimal bezel, no different than the C9. So in day to day aesthetics, the E9 doesn't give you anything over the C9.
Second, while the E9 has better sound, particularly more bass, I can't say that I'm wowed in any way by the sound. We decided to get rid of our Zvox sound bar (which we had used with the Panasonic), and while I don't think the E9 is any worse than the Zvox, I'm not convinced that the premium of the E9 over the C9 is worth it sound-wise, either. That is, I don't perceive any noticeable bass from the E9, and can't imagine the C9 being much perceptibly worse in this respect.
(5) Finally, the "solution" to muffled sound. When we first got the TV and started watching various programs to try it out, both my wife and I were very disappointed in the sound. To the point that we were thinking of returning the TV or hooking the sound bar back up. It was that bad. The sound was truly muffled, and hard to understand.
Well, there's a piece of plastic "tape" covering the short in height speaker grill just under the screen. It's difficult to see. Unlike all the other plastic covering various parts of the TV, there was no little blue tab making it clear that there was something there to pull off.
If you're suffering from muffled sound, I can almost guarantee you that this is the problem. Look closely at the sides of the grill for the plastic tape, and remove it. Once the grill holes are uncovered, the sound miraculously recovers!
Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase, but if I had to do it again, would definitely go for the C9 . . . the E9 is just not a meaningful upgrade over the C9.
Burn-in is a concern with all OLEDs. If you're a heavy gamer go with another technology. But you'll be hard pressed to beat this TV overall.
Top international reviews
CON: A bit expensive. Very very heavy, Jesus f****** Christ it's heavy. Stupid design that makes the panel very vulnerable to damage with the heavy guts in a box attached to the back. Due to the weight and the dumb design, it's very hard to move this thing. The stand is difficult to work with in general, although it does look good and it's nice and solid so once you set it up it should be fine. The exterior packaging is tight and very precise, but once this thing is out of the box it's not going back in.
+ The box was fully covered and protected. My brother and I wrapped the giant box.
+ Christmas Day, my family opened the present and they enjoyed with overwhelmed and emotional feelings.
+ Unboxed the LG Oled 65” T.V it is gorgeous and ginormous. Installed it, pretty simple but it is heavy not the t.v but the t.v stand when putting together.
+ The picture quality is perfect. Nothing breaks (which I was nervous about when it delivered, can not trust deliveries).
+ Thank you Gibby’s Electronic Supermarket. My first purchased from your store and I gave the business company a trust stamp verification and multiple thumbs up (is that even possible).
+ Of course, thank you Amazon for being an Amazing company.
+/- The t.v. is expensive I knew this already. It did save me a good discount on Black Friday but it’s still expensive. That I don’t care because it was Christmas.
++ Happy Holidays!