Lessons from Critical Thinkers: Methods for Clear Thinking and Analysis in Everyday Situations from the Greatest Thinkers in History Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Do you want to ask smart questions like Socrates or be an out-of-the-box thinker like John Stuart Mill and rational like Descartes?
These people have at least one thing in common: They were great critical thinkers of their time, and their shared wisdom lived through the centuries.
Lessons from Critical Thinkers provides intellectual power to engage with and participate in effective critical thoughts, arguments, debates, reading, and reflection drawn from methods in the history of philosophical cognitive development.
- Learn to think slowly and deliberately before making a decision
- Get ready to question opinions and even facts
- Learn to gather information before jumping to conclusions
- Accept and expect the biased and flawed nature of human cognition
Lessons from Critical Thinkers gives you a thorough presentation of the ideas and principles of critical thinking practiced by the greatest minds in history. Learn about the most important critical thinking methods to make better decisions in your personal life, career, and friendships.
Equip yourself with the essential methods for clear, analytical, logical thinking and critique in a range of ideas and everyday situations.
- Discover critical thinking by familiarizing yourself with concepts from other disciplines, like philosophy, cognitive biases and errors, race and gender from sociology and political science, and symbols from rhetoric
- Apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to your day-to-day problems
- Find the most rewarding options in any opportunity
Lessons from Critical Thinkers is a helpful audiobook for listeners of any age and background who want to improve their critical thinking skills by learning from the greatest thinkers of all time. Learn to filter out irrelevant information efficiently and prioritize your resources to get the best results. Enhance your communication skills, reasoning, and logic.
Improve your critical, logical, observational, and rational thinking skills with the timeless principles presented in this book.
- One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection to keep (you’ll use your first credit now).
- Unlimited listening on select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $14.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
People who viewed this also viewed
People who bought this also bought
|Listening Length||2 hours and 12 minutes|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com Release Date||January 30, 2019|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #86,535 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#270 in Philosophy Criticism (Books)
#1,356 in Philosophy (Audible Books & Originals)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here the author presented 10 great critical thinkers in a chronological-ideological fashion. I appreciated that the author chose thinkers from different schools of thought. The presented thinkers approach critical thinking sometimes from completely different angles yet they all arrive to the same conclusion - that our thoughts should be questioned from time to time. The entire book is a celebration of the essence of critical thinking - familiarizing with opposing thoughts and finding something in them we can connect with.
Top reviews from other countries
I'm looking forward to putting the things I've learnt into practice.