Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lewis C. Lin
Before Impact Interview, Lewis was Microsoft's Director of Product Management. Prior to Microsoft, he worked at Google, leading new AdWords product launches.
Lewis holds a B.S. in computer science from Stanford University and an M.B.A. from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. He also serves on the advisory board for University of Washington's software product management program.
Customers Also Bought Items By
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT BOOKS. Readers report that Amazon's 3rd-party sellers are selling counterfeits; counterfeit pages have misprints, missing pages or pages in reverse order. Amazon is investigating the issue. For now, purchase genuine books with the Amazon.com logo: bit.ly/2B9xxBf
Brand new 3rd edition
Lewis C. Lin — the world's #1 expert on product management (PM) interviews — has updated Decode and Conquer in an all-new third edition. Decode and Conquer is your starting point on how to conquer the most difficult PM interview questions. Here's what to expect:
- Frameworks for design and metrics questions including the famous CIRCLES Method™, AARM Method™, and DIGS Method™
- Biggest mistakes PM candidates make at the interview and how to avoid them
- Insider tips on just what interviewers are looking for and how to answer so they can't say NO to hiring you
- Sample answers for important PM interview questions
Expanded Section on Metrics & Execution
The 3rd edition has an expanded section on metrics & execution questions. Empower yourself with the latest thinking, frameworks, and tips to cover this growing category of questions!
Questions and answers covered in the book
- Design a new iPad app for Google Spreadsheet.
- Brainstorm as many algorithms as possible for recommending Twitter followers.
- You're the CEO of the Yellow Cab taxi service. How do you respond to Uber?
- You're part of the Google Search web spam team. How would you detect duplicate websites?
Endorsed by Google recruiters. Praised by Business Insider.
Decode and Conquer, especially CIRCLES™, has been endorsed by recruiters and top publications such as Business Insider. Top product management executives, including those from Google, Amazon, and Microsoft, recommend Decode and Conquer to PM job seekers.
Here's what readers say
You've helped many people in more ways than you know. I wish to do that someday in my own way.
Just wanted to share my gratitude for your work! Bought Decode & Conquer and enjoying every page. :)
I am a Zimbabwean who has been living in China for the last 8 years. No direct PM experience but your 2-week PM guide has been incredibly useful. I have also been reading Decode and Conquer which has gotten me up to speed really fast. Brilliant book!
I have just about finished your book Decode and Conquer and have found it to be enlightening. I feel that I already have drastically reduced the amount of PM interviews that I would have failed with a deer in the headlights look on my face.
Lewis Lin is the best.
In The Marketing Interview, Lewis C. Lin gives an industry insider's perspective on how to answer the most common and difficult marketing interview questions. The book will reveal:
- Answers to marketing interview questions
- Frameworks on how to tackle marketing case questions
- Biggest mistakes marketing candidates make at the interview
- Understand what interviewers are looking for, why they’re looking for it, and how to deliver it
This book is ideal for anyone who is interviewing any marketing role, including the most coveted roles in CPG, Tech, and Financial Services:
- CPG: P&G, Clorox, Kraft, Heinz, Nestle, Pepsi, Colgate, S.C. Johnson, Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser, Hershey Foods, Campbell Soup Company
- Tech: Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Uber, Dell, HP, IBM, Cisco, Paypal, Yelp, Airbnb, Pinterest
- Financial Services: American Express, Visa, Citi, HSBC, UBS, Barclays, Santander, Standard Chartered,
- And more…
Questions and answers covered in the book include:
- What promotional strategies would you use for a Honey Nut Cheerios campaign?
- Develop a social good campaign for Teavana.
- Should Hidden Valley increase the price of its ranch dressing?
- Kit Kat sales declined year-over-year. Why is that, and what would you do to address it?
- Tell me about a terrible product that's marketed well.
- And more...
This new second edition includes chapters on digital marketing including:
- A/B Testing
- Landing Page Testing
- Lead Scoring
- And more...
Former Google Interviewer Reveals How to Get Multiple Job Offers
Have an upcoming product manager interview? Perhaps for Google, Facebook, Amazon, or Uber?
If so, find out the secrets to getting multiple job offers with the world's #1 author on product management interviews: Lewis C. Lin.
Secrets of the Product Manager Interview will share what to expect in your product management interviews and how to prepare. The author will also answer the most frequently asked questions about the product manager interview process.
The Ideal Companion to Decode and Conquer as well as PM Interview Questions
Many of you enjoyed reading about the PM interview frameworks revealed in Decode and Conquer, including the CIRCLES™, AARM™ and DIGS™ Methods. And others enjoyed Product Manager Interview Questions for the 160+ practice questions.
Secrets of the Product Manager Interview takes a different approach. It's not focused on frameworks or practice questions. Instead, it's focused on the most frequently asked questions from candidates including:
- What to expect at the interview
- The best way to prepare
- How to get the first PM job
- How to interpret interviewer feedback
- And more...
More vacation time
Unlike other negotiation books, you will never be left guessing how to apply a negotiation theory or principle. The book tells how to phrase your negotiation request, including the exact words to use.
With these email samples, you'll gain the peace of mind that your salary negotiation request will come across as professional and courteous, while getting the results you want.
Special BONUSES include:
The magical ONE MINUTE salary negotiation script
Frequently asked questions about the negotiation process, including common mistakes and SECRET tactics
Six bonus email and phone scripts for RECRUITERS and HIRING MANAGERS to close candidates
A new book from Lewis C. Lin, an Amazon.com best-selling author and world-famous product management expert
Be the Greatest Product Manager Ever is the playbook on how you can move up the PM career ladder. This book is suitable for PMs of all levels from individual contributors to senior executives.
Features the ESTEEM Method™, six proven skills to get the career you want
Be the Greatest Product Manager Ever features Lewis C. Lin’s brand-new career management framework: the ESTEEM Method™. The ESTEEM Method™ details, for the first time ever, the six core competencies you need to move up in your PM career:
Superior Communication Skills
Extraordinary Mental Toughness
Exceptional Team Builder
Unlike other books, Lin explains not only why but also how. In other words, Lin will reveal his secret frameworks, tools, and wisdom to strengthen your ESTEEM™ competencies including:
- How to Start Every New Job
- How to Start Every New Job
- How to Figure Out What to Do
- How Stuff Gets Done: System 1 and 2
- How to Sound Authoritative Like a Professor
- How to Establish Your Value
- How to Get Others to Do What You Want
- How to Play Office Politics
- The One Interview Question You Need to Ask
- Explain Why Your New Direct Reports Will Struggle
- How to SCAMPER Your Way to a Moonshot Vision
- Why the Best Visionaries Get into Technical Details
If you've ever wondered what you need to do move up the PM career ladder, Lin provides the secret tools, frameworks, and wisdom to make it to the top from PM to CEO.
Written by bestselling author and salary negotiation expert, Lewis C. Lin, Five Minutes to a Higher Salary reveals how you can get a higher salary in five minutes or less.
Easily get higher salary outcomes by using the book’s scripted email and phone templates for over 60 negotiation scenarios. Unlike other negotiation books, you will never be left guessing how to apply a negotiation theory or principle. The book tells how to phrase your negotiation request, including the exact words to use.
Scenarios covered include negotiating:
- Base salaries
- Stock options
- Early review
- More vacation time
- Flexible hours
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Severance package
- Visa sponsorship
Special BONUSES include:
- The magical ONE MINUTE salary negotiation script
- Frequently asked questions about the negotiation process, including common mistakes and SECRET tactics
- Six bonus email and phone scripts for RECRUITERS and HIRING MANAGERS to close candidates