Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lily Nichols
Lily Nichols is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, researcher, and author with a passion for evidence-based prenatal nutrition. Drawing from the current scientific literature and the wisdom of traditional cultures, her work is known for being research-focused, thorough, and sensible.
Her bestselling book, Real Food for Gestational Diabetes (and online course of the same name), presents a revolutionary nutrient-dense, lower carb approach for managing gestational diabetes. Her work has not only helped tens of thousands of women manage their gestational diabetes (most without the need for blood sugar-lowering medication), but has also influenced nutrition policies internationally. Lily's clinical expertise and extensive background in prenatal nutrition have made her a highly sought after consultant and speaker in the field.
Lily’s second book, Real Food for Pregnancy, is an evidence-based look at the gap between conventional prenatal nutrition guidelines and what’s optimal for mother and baby. With over 930 citations, this is the most comprehensive text on prenatal nutrition to date.
Lily is also creator of the popular blog, LilyNicholsRDN.com, which explores a variety of topics related to real food, mindful eating, and pregnancy nutrition.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Lily Nichols
This can be you! Real Food for Gestational Diabetes offers an alternative to the conventional nutrition approach that embraces nutrient-dense and delicious foods that nourish you and baby without causing high blood sugar.
With the wrong information (or no information at all), far too many women are left alone struggling with erratic blood sugar and excessive weight gain, often leading them to high doses of insulin or medications and difficult births.
Sadly, this often happens despite these moms dutifully following the dietary advice given to them by well-meaning clinicians; a restrictive diet that leaves them feeling unsatisfied, unhappy, and confused about ever increasing blood sugar numbers.
In Real Food for Gestational Diabetes, prenatal nutritionist and diabetes educator, Lily Nichols, RDN, CDE, CLT, sets the record straight, offering revamped carbohydrate recommendations and exercise guidelines based on the latest clinical research.
You can have gestational diabetes and have a healthy baby. Lily will show you how. With this book, you have the tools to turn this diagnosis into a blessing in disguise.
- Why conventional diet therapy often fails and what to do instead
- How the right prenatal nutrition can reduce the likelihood you’ll need insulin by 50%
- Exactly which foods raise your blood sugar (and more importantly, which foods DON’T raise your blood sugar)
- How to customize a meal plan with the right amount of carbohydrates for YOU (there’s no one-size-fits-all plan, despite what you may have been told)
- The truth about ketosis during pregnancy (and why checking urine ketones isn’t useful)
- Information on insulin and blood sugar-lowering medications used in pregnancy
- Which foods to emphasize to provide your baby with the right nutrients for optimal development (these real foods have a long history of producing strong, healthy babies)
- The best prenatal exercises to control your blood sugar and prepare for labor
- What to do after delivery to prevent type 2 diabetes
- umfangreiches Basiswissen zur Ernährung in Schwangerschaft und Stillzeit
- sinnvolle Nahrungsergänzungsmittel
- Empfehlungen zur Vermeidung von Toxinen und Giftstoffen im Alltag
- die Kombinationen der wichtigsten Nährstoffquellen
- Tipps & Übungen für achtsames Essen, Sport und mentale Gesundheit
- einen 7-Tage-Menüplan für echte Ernährung
"Endlich ein Buch über Ernährung in der Schwangerschaft, bei dem Sie nicht vor lauter Langeweile einschlafen, sondern Lust – und Appetit – auf mehr bekommen! Keine 'Schwangerschaftspolizei' weit und breit, denn Lily präsentiert die Fakten, so wie sie sind, ohne sich zum Moralapostel aufzuspielen. Als Hebamme empfehle ich jeder schwangeren Frau, dieses Buch zu lesen."‒ Tracy Donegan, Hebamme und Gründerin von GentleBirth