Lisa Cicciarello Andrews MEd RD LD
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lisa Cicciarello Andrews MEd RD LD
Lisa Cicciarello Andrews is a native of Youngstown Ohio and grew up enjoying great Italian food. After several years as a clinical dietitian and adjunct instructor, she started Sound Bites Nutrition in 2008 to share her knowledge through counseling, cooking demos, teaching, and freelance writing. Her friends affectionately call her "nutrigirl". Lisa is active in the Ohio Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics and several community organizations in Cincinnati. In 2002, she won the Ohio Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year Award and in 2017, received the Ohio Recognized Dietitian of the Year Award. Lisa founded People's Pantry Cincy- a mini food pantry program started in 2016 through a philanthropic grant. She is also the creator of “Lettuce Beet Hunger”- a line of food pun swag where part of proceeds go to support local food insecurity programs. She is the author of the Healing Gout Cookbook, Complete Thyroid Cookbook and Heart Healthy Meal Prep cookbook and is a regular contributor to Food and Health Communications.. Lisa resides in Cincinnati with her husband Ryan, daughters Iris and Maria and Mozart and Snickers, their very hungry cats. Follow her on IG & Twitter @nutrigirl
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Lisa Cicciarello Andrews MEd RD LD
Relief from gout symptoms—through easy, delicious eating
Gout attacks are painful, but research shows that adjusting your diet may help prevent and even heal symptoms of this difficult arthritic condition. The Healing Gout Cookbook is your guide to a nourishing, low-purine, anti-inflammatory diet full of fresh and flavorful foods. With these 85 simple, satisfying recipes, you can help control gout flare-ups—while enjoying what you eat every day.
Find out how to reduce uric acid levels by decreasing your purine intake, and discover the benefits of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich foods. The special recipes in this book are easy to follow and quick to prepare—so you can indulge in tasty meals while helping your body heal from gout symptoms.
The Healing Gout Cookbook includes:
- 85 flavorful recipes—Savor a variety of dishes like Black Bean Breakfast Scramble, Chili Garlic Green Beans, Balsamic Marinated Chicken, Blueberry Peach Cobbler, and more.
- Dietary friendly—Recipes are labeled for specific dietary restrictions, like kidney-friendly and diabetic-friendly, and include variation tips to make life easier.
- At-a-glance facts—Encourage or avoid the right foods with the help of a handy purine level chart, and stock your kitchen in a snap with a list of pantry essentials for a gout friendly diet.
Spend more time doing the things you love without pain with The Healing Gout Cookbook.
Manage thyroid health through nutrition with this all-in-one resource
It’s easier than you think to eat hearty and delicious meals that help relieve the symptoms of thyroid disease. This thyroid cookbook breaks down the connection between thyroid health and food in simple terms. Then, it explains how to put the information to good use with guided meal plans and flavorful recipes that help you feel better naturally.
- Evidence-based diet advice—This thyroid cookbook explains three different thyroid-friendly diets: Paleo, Autoimmune Protocol, and Elimination Provocation.
- Prepare to eat well—Find 85 affordable recipes for everything from dinner to sweets and snacks, with detailed meal plans for each diet.
- No experience required—Even casual cooks will find everything they need for success with this thyroid cookbook full of clear instructions, shopping lists, and recipes that are quick to put together.
Eat what you love and manage thyroid symptoms with The Complete Thyroid Cookbook.
Easy meal plans that make preparing heart-healthy recipes a breeze
Combat heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol from your kitchen with Heart Healthy Meal Prep. This cookbook proves it’s easy to prepare low-sodium, low-fat recipes that are full of flavor. You’ll find tasty recipes, 6 weeks of meal plans, and plenty of expert guidance to set you up for success.
This heart-healthy cookbook walks you through how to change your diet with:
- Nutrition 101—Learn about the nutrients that benefit your heart, like calcium and potassium, as well as why it’s important to limit things like sodium and saturated fats.
- Complete meal plans—There’s no need to fret over meal prep with a simple 6-week plan that features delectable dishes, tips for what to prepare ahead of time, step-by-step instructions, and weekly lists for grocery shopping.
- A range of recipes—Start improving your heart health with beginner-friendly recipes that allow you to diversify your meals so you never get bored.
Make heart-healthy meal planning easy with this comprehensive meal prep cookbook.