Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lysa TerKeurst
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times best-selling author of Uninvited, The Best Yes, Unglued, Made to Crave, and 18 other books. You can access all of Lysa's products at amazon.com/LysaTerkeurst.
As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa and her team have led thousands to make their walk with God an invigorating journey through their First 5 app, daily online devotionals, radio programs, online Bible studies, speaker/writing training, and more.
Lysa was recently awarded the Champions of Faith Author Award and has been published in multiple publications such as Fox News and CNN online. Additionally, she has appeared on the Today Show as one of the leading voices in the Christian community.
Each year, Lysa is a featured keynote presenter at more than 40 events across North America, including the Women of Joy Conferences and the Catalyst Leadership Conference. She has a passion for equipping women to share their stories for God’s glory through Proverbs 31 Ministries’ annual She Speaks Conference and writer training program, COMPEL: Words That Move People.
Lysa writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina.
Customers Also Bought Items By
*#1 New York Times Bestseller*
You deserve to stop suffering because of what other people have done to you.
Have you ever felt stuck in a cycle of unresolved pain, playing offenses over and over in your mind? You know you can't go on like this, but you don't know what to do next. Lysa TerKeurst has wrestled through this journey. But in surprising ways, she’s discovered how to let go of bound-up resentment and overcome the resistance to forgiving people who aren’t willing to make things right.
With deep empathy, therapeutic insight, and rich Bible teaching coming out of more than 1,000 hours of theological study, Lysa will help you:
- Learn how to move on when the other person refuses to change and never says they're sorry.
- Walk through a step-by-step process to free yourself from the hurt of your past and feel less offended today.
- Discover what the Bible really says about forgiveness and the peace that comes from living it out right now.
- Identify what's stealing trust and vulnerability from your relationships so you can believe there is still good ahead.
- Disempower the triggers hijacking your emotions by embracing the two necessary parts of forgiveness.
*I'll Start Again Monday is a newly revised and condensed version of Lysa's bestseller Made to Crave.*
Have healthy eating plans left you feeling defeated? Based on her bestseller Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst offers a new perspective to all those stuck in the cycle of losing weight and then gaining it back, equipping you with the deeper spiritual and emotional motivation you need to make lasting changes.
So often we characterize our food cravings as bad, especially when dieting has made us feel even more disappointed and discouraged. But the reality is we were made to crave. We just need to realize God created us to crave more of Him instead of misplacing that craving by overindulging in physical pleasures and unhealthy choices that will never truly satisfy.
In the midst of her own personal struggle with this, New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst invites us to embrace a new outlook that leads to enduring change. In this newly revised and condensed version of Made to Crave, Lysa encourages you to:
- Break the cycle of "I'll start again Monday" and start taking steps toward consistency that lasts
- Stop agonizing over numbers on the scale and make peace with your body
- Replace rationalizations that lead to failure with wisdom that leads to victory
- Reach your healthy goals and grow closer to God through the process
This is not a "how-to" book. This is not the latest and greatest dieting plan. This is the necessary resource to use alongside whatever healthy lifestyle plan you choose that will help you find your "want to" and lead to a spiritual satisfaction that goes far beyond the physical.
In the middle of the pain you didn't cause, the change you didn't want, the reality you didn't know was coming . . . your life can still be beautiful. We all have stories full of sorrow and celebration. But with God, there's always more going on than what we see. New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst encourages you to hope again through 50 devotions that will help you find redemption in every part of your story.
Lysa, president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, assures us that the aching pain we feel is proof there's a beautiful remaking already in process if we don't give up. Through these 50 devotions, Scriptures, prayer prompts, and personal notes from Lysa, you will:
- Gain healthier ways to process your pain
- Learn to see your situations through truth-based perspectives
- Disempower the lie that how you feel about your life is the full story by
- Remember that with God there's always something more true, lovely, and good right now
- Stop feeling alone in your struggles by spending guided time with God each day
While there's no denying there are parts of our story we'd love to edit out, what if those circumstances are the unlikely ingredients God is using to weave together a greater good we'd never want to miss out on? Together we'll discover the indescribable gift of our God, who breathes life into even the shattered pieces of our stories, creating something new and more beautiful than ever before.
Look for additional bestselling books from Lysa TerKeurst:
- Forgiving What You Can't Forget
- It's Not Supposed to Be This Way
- The Best Yes
Do you ever feel left out, lonely, or less than? Today, learn the secret of belonging which will help you keep rejections in perspective and be better equipped to foster healthy connections in your relationships.
In Uninvited, Lysa shares her own deeply personal experiences of rejection from the perceived judgment of the perfectly toned woman one elliptical over to the incredibly painful childhood abandonment by her father. She leans in to honestly examine the roots of rejection, as well as rejection's ability to poison relationships from the inside out, including our relationship with God. With biblical depth, gut honest vulnerability, and refreshing wit, Lysa will help you:
- Stop feeling left out by believing that even when you are overlooked by others you are handpicked by God.
- Change your tendency to either fall apart or control the actions of others by embracing God-honoring ways to process your hurt.
- Know exactly what to pray for the next ten days to steady your soul and restore your confidence in the midst of rejection.
- Overcome the two core fears that feed your insecurities by understanding the secret of belonging.
Uninvited reminds us we are destined for a love that can never be diminished, tarnished, shaken, or taken—a love that does not reject or uninvite.
What would happen if you started listening to your cravings instead of trying to silence them? If you’re tired of the same old messages of eat less and move more, this book is what you’ve been missing. You know “how to” get healthy… but now there’s finally a book to help you find your “want to”- the lasting emotional and spiritual motivation to meet your goals and stay healthy.
The reality is we were made to crave. Craving isn’t a bad thing. But we must realize God created us to crave more of him. Many of us have misplaced that craving by overindulging in physical pleasures instead of lasting spiritual satisfaction. New York Times bestselling author of It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, Uninvited, and The Best Yes, Lysa TerKeurst, invites you to find the missing link between a woman’s desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment necessary to make that happen. In this book, Lysa will help you:
- Break the cycle of “I’ll start again Monday” and feel good about yourself today.
- Stop agonizing over numbers on the scale and make peace with your body.
- Replace rationalizations that lead to failure with wisdom that leads to victory.
- Reach your healthy goals and grow closer to God through the process.
This is not a how-to book. This is not the latest and greatest dieting plan. This book is the necessary companion for you to use alongside whatever healthy lifestyle plan you choose. This is a book and Bible study to help you find the "want to" in making healthy lifestyle choices.
New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst unveils her heart amid shattering circumstances and shows readers how to live assured when life doesn't turn out like they expected.
What do you do when God’s timing seems questionable, His lack of intervention hurtful, and His promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
If you've ever felt stuck in a cycle of unresolved pain, playing offenses over and over in your mind—if you've ever been hurt so badly that you don't know if you'll ever get past it—discover what the Bible really says about forgiveness and how to find the peace that comes from embracing it.
Forgiveness is a major part of the Christian faith. But how do we actually put it into practice when we're the ones who've been hurt? We know God commands us to forgive each other. But, apart from simply saying the words, "I forgive you," many of us have unasked questions about it:
- How does it work? On our minds, souls, circumstances—what's actually happening when we forgive?
- Why is it so important, and what's the difference between forgiveness and simply moving on?
- When should I forgive, and are their exceptions?
- How can I find healing for myself, even if my act of forgiveness doesn't seem to change the person who hurt me?
These are just some of the questions that bestselling author and teacher Lysa TerKeurst explores in this six-session video Bible study (DVD/digital downloads sold separately).
This study will walk with you on a step-by-step process--through biblical answers, deep empathy, and the therapeutic insight that comes from Lysa's personal experiences--toward the grace of forgiveness and the freedom from the pain of past wrongs.
- What Am I Supposed to Do with All the Hurt?
- Your Mind, Your Mouth, Your Master
- The Divine Echo
- There’s Always a Meanwhile
- The Compounding Effect of Unforgiveness
- This Isn’t Easy, But It Is Good
Designed for use with the Forgiving What You Can't Forget Video Study available on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.
In Is God Speaking to Me?, Lysa TerKeurst shares her own wrestling with these questions and how God has taught her to more clearly discern His direction in her everyday life.
Using Scripture, encouraging personal stories, and practical application, Lysa will help you:
- Stop merely going through the motions of life by learning how to recognize and respond to the Lord’s divine appointments for you.
- Uncomplicate the idea of listening to God as you use five key questions to help you determine if what you’re discerning is from Him or not.
- Discover the joy of truly walking with the Lord as you learn how to live in expectation of hearing from Him.
God doesn't pull back from your sharp edges. He pulls you close. In Embraced, beloved Bible teacher and bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst offers 100 devotions that will resonate with women in all stages of life by giving you a godly perspective on the issues you face each day.
A real embrace indicates an intimate level of closeness. It's not a high five or a casual handshake. The best kind of embrace is when someone we know deeply loves us, flings their arms wide open, and pulls us in close.
Through these 100 devotions, daily scriptures, and prayer prompts, you will be equipped to:
- Begin finding freedom from the struggles that have held you hostage by learning new ways to experience God's love.
- Surrender your deepest hurts by processing them in a godly way with Lysa, a friend who understands your pain.
- Hear the Lord speak intimately to your heart by learning how to seek His direction.
- Release the tension of wondering, If God is near why does He sometimes feel far away? by spending guided time with Him each day.
Embraced will be a treasured keepsake for you, and a meaningful gift for those you love, with:
- An exquisite cloth cover you'll want to leave out for others to see and for easy access
- Highly designed interior with Scripture, call-outs, and quotes
- Ribbon marker to keep your place
Our hearts were made for this kind of love and security, but for many of us, we know more about the pain of heartbreak and fear than the unconditional love for which we were created. In Embraced, Lysa shares her own struggles, doubts, and heartbreaks while pointing to the ultimate embrace: God opening His arms wide on Calvary through Jesus so that He could pull us close for all of eternity, welcoming us into the safety and hope of His grace, love, and embrace.
Look for additional bestselling books from Lysa TerKeurst:
- Forgiving What You Can't Forget
- It's Not Supposed to Be This Way
- The Best Yes
Are you tired of living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul? Do you find yourself unable to say no even when you should? Are you stuck under the weight of endless demands and responsibilities? The good news is: it doesn't have to be this way.
In The Best Yes, New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst guides you through the insightful lessons she's learned about what it means to live out the purpose that God has in store for you. Lysa demonstrates the incredible power of two words--yes and no--and the way that these simple, daily decisions can shape the story of our lives.
Lysa has learned firsthand that there's a big difference between saying yes to everyone and saying yes to God. Drawing from applicable scriptures and her own personal experiences, Lysa teaches us that if we know and believe that God has a plan for each of us, we'll live it out--serving as living proof of His never-ending grace and kindness.
Throughout The Best Yes, Lysa will give you the practical tools you need to:
- Stop people-pleasing by embracing a biblical understanding of love
- Escape the guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no
- Overcome the agony of hard choices by grounding your decisions in wisdom
- Grow closer to God as you sharpen your own discernment
- Learn to be intentional with your time, your choices, and yourself
- Incorporate the Best Yes as a filter for your daily decision making
If we take time to slow down and rise above the rush of the world's endless demands, we can rest assured that God's wisdom will help us make decisions that will still be good tomorrow. No matter what season of life you find yourself in, you deserve the chance to make decisions that bring out the best you.
Do you ever feel like your emotions are working against you? Though we may find ourselves stuffing down emotions, exploding with emotions, or reacting somewhere in between, Lysa TerKeurst assures us it’s possible to make our emotions work for us.
Lysa admits that she, like most women, has had experiences where others bump into her happy and she comes emotionally unglued. But the good news is, God gave us emotions to experience life, not destroy it. With gut-honest personal examples and biblical teaching, Lysa shows us how to use our emotions for good.
Unglued will equip you to:
- Know with confidence how to resolve conflict in your important relationships.
- Find peace in your most difficult relationships as you learn to be honest but kind when offended.
- Identify what type of reactor you are and how to significantly improve your communication.
- Respond with no regrets by managing your tendencies to stuff, explode, or react somewhere in between.
- Gain a deep sense of calm by responding to situations out of your control without acting out of control.
What if the next big step God wants you to take is actually small?
Stepping into the assignments the Lord has for us and pursuing the dreams He's placed in our hearts can feel overwhelming and exhilarating all at the same time. But walking in His will begins with our daily obedience to Him.
Lysa TerKeurst knows what it means to walk by faith and encourages you to discover the deeply personal truths of God's Word for your calling. What Happens When Women Walk in Faith is filled with stories and Scripture that will help you apply practical, Biblical truths to your life and equip you to:
- Discover 5 phases of your faith walk and embrace the direction that the Lord is leading you.
- Identify one area where you can draw a line in the sand and take a step toward something new.
- Be prepared for God to use your small steps of faith to unleash His work and wonder in your life.
No matter what God has called you to, you can take this first step!