Top positive review
Home made beats store bought every time
Reviewed in the United States on March 28, 2010
I have been making home made pasta for years and experimented with creative ways to dry it. I finally did some research. After reading lots of descriptions and recommendations I chose to purchase the Marcato. Best recent investment I have made.
It works as described, but there are several things worth mentioning.
1. It's made of plastic not wood so there are no worries about what is left behind on the wands
2. It is easy to clean..
3. The dried pasta easily slides off the wands.
4. It comes with a wand used to transfer the cut pasta from the pasta machine to the drying rack.
5. No worries about moving the wands to position them. Just rotate the knob at the top clockwise as you need another wand.
6. There is enough space to dry pasta for 8 servings.
7. Comes in a box that you use to store it between uses.
Update March 21, 2014.
Wow. It's hard to believe I've been using the Marcato Pasta Drying Rack for 4 years.
Whether I'm making pasta for my family, an event, or someone in need of a meal, out comes the Marcato.
It still functions perfectly. The stand, the arms, the wand all look brand new.
If there is one thing I would recommend it would be to make it bigger or offer a larger model.
There have been many times when I could use more space. Especially, when I'm making more then 8 servings of pasta.