Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Mario Martinez
"What have the cultures of your life taught you about health and longevity? You may be surprised at what comes up as you develop your own awareness and better understand MindBody codes." - Dr. Mario Martinez
Dr. Martinez is a licensed clinical psychologist and bestselling author of The MindBody Code: How to Change the Beliefs that Limit Your Health, Longevity, and Success, as well the psychological novel "The Man from Autumn". He specializes in how cultural and transcendental beliefs affect health and longevity. He lectures worldwide on his theory of Biocognition and on investigations he has conducted of alleged cases of stigmata for the Catholic Church, the BBC, Discovery, and National Geographic. Also, based on how the immune system makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, he developed a unique model of organizational science he calls The Empowerment Code, to teach executives of global companies how to maximize productivity while enhancing wellness.
"Gratitude is more than a habit or practice, it is a consciousness. Embody it and live out pristine gratefulness. Celebrate life." - Dr. Mario Martinez
After reading The MindBody Code...
The MindBody Self: How Longevity is Culturally Learned and the Causes of Health Are Inherited
(Hay House Publishers - Release date: March 21, 2017)
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Mario Martinez
Why is it so difficult to change our beliefs and behaviors even when we know they no longer serve us? How can certain individuals reverse "incurable" disease while others suffer the effects of childhood wounds despite years of therapy? How is it that the centenarians make up the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population—even though the majority of people over the age of 100 rarely visit their doctors?
When Dr. Mario Martinez began his career in clinical neuropsychology, he was determined to find the answers to baffling questions like these. With The MindBody Code, he shares the rewards of an investigation that has spanned generations and cultures to reveal the most effective methods for initiating deep and lasting change—and the empowering new science of biocognition that substantiates their results.
Far from a quick-fix approach, The MindBody Code will challenge you to embrace a bold paradigm for health and wellbeing that requires your courage, patience, and commitment. You will not only learn the basics of this cutting-edge science, you will learn to communicate with your body in its own "biosymbolic" language to begin making changes that till this point may have been elusive at best. Through fascinating case studies and practical training in embodying the methodology, Dr. Martinez illuminates:
- The overt and subtle ways our cultural beliefs impact our immune system—and the pathways to healing the archetypal wounds of shame, abandonment, and betrayal
- How to break through the ceilings of abundance that limit prosperity and create the "subcultures of wellness" that will help you reach your full potential
- Lessons from the centenarians—how to transform "aging consciousness" to continually increase your value and competence as you grow older
- Psychospiritual conflicts—getting to the root of challenges often mistaken as psychiatric disorders
Why do so many popular methods of personal transformation fail despite our efforts and intentions? Because they don't address the mindbody code—your body's "operating instructions" for interpreting your world, creating your sense of self, and defining what's really possible for you. The MindBody Code is your key to safely and successfully confront your fears, disillusionment, and learned helplessness with tools that harness the hope, joy, and unconditional love you hold within.
- Explain the overt and subtle ways our cultural beliefs impact our immune system—and the pathways to healing the archetypal wounds of shame, abandonment, and betrayal
- Discuss how to break through the ceilings of abundance that limit prosperity and create the "subcultures of wellness" that will help you reach your full potential
- Utilize lessons from the centenarians—how to transform "aging consciousness" to continually increase your value and competence as you grow older
- Define psychospiritual conflicts—how to get to the root of challenges often mistaken as psychiatric disorders
Neuropsychologist Mario Martinez is a pioneer in the science of the mindbody —his term for that essential oneness of cognition and biology —and a passionate advocate for its power to reshape our lives, if we work with it consciously. In The MindBody Self, he builds on the foundation he laid in the critically acclaimed MindBody Code to explore the cultural conditions that coauthor our reality and shape every aspect of our lives, from health and longevity to relationships and self-esteem. Then he offers practical tools we can use to shed outworn patterns and create sustainable change.
You’ll read about:
• How our cultural beliefs affect the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of disease
• The difference between growing older (which we all do) and “aging” by our culture’s standards (which we can learn not to do)
• What happens when we move “beyond the pale” of our tribe’s expectations
• How to navigate adversity using uncertainty as a guide
• Biocognitive tools for a healthy life
The MindBody Self presents groundbreaking ideas derived from rigorous scholarship —but you don’t need a background in science to use what you find here. Each chapter concludes with exercises and experiential processes that make complex scientific discoveries not only accessible, but applicable. The result is a paradigm shift in which the myths of doom are shattered by the science of hope, survival takes a back seat to meaning, and fear gives way to love.
The Man From Autumn, however, is not an esoteric book for highly trained professionals. While brimming with fascinating concepts, it is an eminently readable book that will be enjoyed by all who are on a personal journey. Written as a novel, the author introduces characters so real that one can visualize lines of their faces and the drape of their clothing. Through the protagonists, Enrique, Breogán and others, one can smell the food, taste the wine, and hear the music as the scenes move from Miami to Galicia to the Vatican and the Highlands of Scotland.
As you read, you will be introduced to fascinating concepts such as the phenomenon of stigmata, wherein certain devout individuals manifest the wounds of Christ's crucifixion, the concepts of archetypical memories and synchronicity from Jungian psychology, inclusive compassion from Tibetan Buddhist psychology, and more. The scope and breadth of the topics introduced and clearly explained by Dr. Martinez, reflect his broad training and study in mindbody science and mysticism, areas which he finds complementary rather than contradictory.
The Man From Autumn is a wise guide that points the reader to a joyful life. The author shows how we can free ourselves from culturally imposed beliefs that rob us of joy and keep us from having lives of abundance. For example, you learn how to set "benign boundaries" to let people know what and who you really are, rather than who and what you have been complying to be. This allows you to “co-author” joy together without acquiescing to others and silently resenting your suppressed beliefs. This is a paradigm shifting book that will help you grow from your inner wisdom as you discover the mystical world that awaits beyond your doorstep.