Marpac Dohm Classic The Original White Noise Machine Featuring Soothing Natural Sound from a Real Fan, White
Enhance your purchase
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Model Name||dohm noise cancelling|
About this item
- THE ORIGINAL SOUND MACHINE: Beloved by millions since 1962, the Dohm Classic model features our fan-based natural white noise producing the soothing ambient sounds of moving air
- CUSTOMIZED SOUND EXPERIENCE: With two speed options for adjustable tone and volume, excellently masking background noise for better sleep for children, office privacy, and soothing sound-sensitive pets.Simply wipe the exterior with a damp cloth
- UNBEATABLE QUALITY & GUARANTEE: For over 50 years, Yogasleep has been the gold standard in white noise machines. Hand-assembled in the USA and backed by a one-year limited warranty and exceptional Yogasleep customer experience, we stand behind each product and offer you a 101-night trial to try it
- SIMPLE TO USE: Powered by an 7-foot 120V AC cord, simply plug in, flip the switch to high or low, then rotate the cap and collar to find the best sound for you. Let the noise-masking magic happen to help as a natural sleep aid, baby soothing, tinnitus relief, and respite from noisy snorers.
- CLASSIC DESIGN: Featuring a simple design that blends unobtrusively into surroundings. Also available in white, black, gray, pink, tan, and camo
From the brand
From the manufacturer
What is White Noise?
White noise is more than just recordings of ocean waves and rain sounds. White noise is a collection of sounds that has the same intensity through the audible range, creating a uniform sound perfect for masking loud disruptions. In other words, white noise “smooths” out your audible environment for sleeping, studying, focusing, and more! While we call it “white noise” because that’s the most commonly used industry term, our Dohm products are actually creating pink noise. If you sample white noise, brown noise, and pink noise, you will quickly hear that actual "white noise” is annoying to your ear and not conducive to sleep!
Our signature white noise sound contains less high-frequency content than most competing sound machine models on the market. Not all white noise is created equal, and we strive to make ours the best. Our sound conditioners produce only the highest-quality rich, robust sound that fills your environment with soothing tones.
The Original Fan-Based White Noise
We can confidently say we’re the experts on fan-based white noise because, well, we invented it! In 1962, our original founder created the very first sound conditioner in his garage out of an aluminum dog bowl and a lot of elbow grease for his wife who suffered from insomnia. For the past 50+ years, we’ve sold millions of our Dohm sound machines bringing the simple joy of natural fan-based sound worldwide. If you love sleeping with a fan on to fall asleep, our fan-based white noise solution is perfect for you. The Dohm creates the soothing ambient sounds of rushing air, without the disturbance and cooling effects of actual moving air. Our noise-canceling natural sound machines replicate the constant “whirring” of an air conditioner or fan in a convenient, portable unit. This simple yet effective invention is easy to use and lacks the irritating looping effects of digital sound machines. All of our Dohm sound machines have been hand-assembled in the USA since 1962.
Natural Sleep Aid
White noise is the 100% natural solution for getting the high-quality sleep you deserve, night after night. Enjoy a night of deep sleep without grogginess, drowsiness, or other nasty side-effects that occur from sleeping pills. The steady sound of white noise helps you get to sleep faster and stay asleep longer. Harness the power of sound to create a sleep-centered environment.
Soothes Fussy Infants
All parents know that baby sleep is entirely unpredictable. The constant hum of white noise creates the optimal sleep environment for your baby or toddler’s nursery. Help baby fall asleep – and more importantly – stay asleep, by blocking out environmental distractions.
Blocks Outside Disruptions
Gently blocks disruptive sounds of the outside world in your home, office, hotel room, or vacation home. Effectively buffers outside noise disruption from noisy neighbors, barking dogs, snoring partners, chatty coworkers, and city sounds. Also helps with managing tinnitus symptoms.
Privacy and Concentration
Use white noise in your office, study, or classroom to minimize outside distractions so you can focus on the task at hand. Sound machines are a low-cost way to ensure sensitive topics and discussions are kept confidential in your private practice or waiting area.
Easy to Use
Just plug it in and flip the switch to choose your volume; 'high' for noisy environments or more aggressive sound masking; 'low' for everything else. The Dohm Classic is simply effective and not hindered by a complicated interface or gimmicky features.
Customized Non-Looping Sound
Once you've selected your desired volume, twist to fine-tune the tone of your white noise. Whether you prefer a high or low pitch or tone, you will be able to find the sound that is most relaxing and pleasing to you. The natural, fan-based sound gives you rich, continuous white noise without any distracting digital looping.
Over 50 Years Of Helping People Get A Better Night Sleep
Beloved by millions, Yogasleep by Marpac started selling white noise sound machines in 1962. All of our products are backed up by our 101-night promise, meaning you can try the Dohm Classic sound machine for 101 nights. If you don’t feel like your sleep has improved at the end of the trial period, you can easily return the product to us, hassle-free.
|Marpac Dohm Uno||Marpac Dohm Classic||Marpac Dohm Connect||Marpac Whish||Marpac Rohm||Marpac Hushh|
|Feature||No frills||Classic fan-based sound||Control via Marpac app||Most sound options||Best for travel||For baby on-the-go|
|Sounds||Fan-based natural white noise||Fan-based natural white noise||Fan-based natural white noise||Electronic - 16 sound options||Electronic - 3 sound options||Electronic - 3 sound options|
|Volume||1-Speed adjustable||2-Speed adjustable||10 Settings; most robust Dohm sound||Push-button adjustable||Push-button adjustable||Push-button adjustable|
|Tone||Not adjustable||Twist to adjust||Twist to adjust||Not adjustable||Not adjustable||Not adjustable|
|Battery||No||No||No||No||Yes - USB rechargeable||Yes - USB rechargeable|
|Timer||No||No||Yes - set sleep schedules||Yes - 6hr, 8hr, or continuous||No||No|
|Colors||White||White, black, gray, tan||White||White||White||Gray|
The sleep-inducing magic of a Yogasleep sound machine makes falling asleep as easy as pushing a button. Dohm Classic is the original sound machine, first invented by Yogasleep in 1962 and beloved by generations since. The Classic features our fan-based natural white noise, with two speed options for widely adjustable tone and volume. Just flip the switch to high or low, rotate the cap and collar to find the best sound for you, then let the noise-masking magic happen. By adjusting the speed and sound openings, you will customize the volume and tone to find a soothing white noise that's ideal for you. Features an 6' cord, and comes in four color options: white, black, camo, gray, pink and tan. Give sleep a chance!
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5.75 x 5.75 x 3.25 inches; 1.6 Pounds
- Item model number : M1DSUSWH
- Date First Available : January 18, 2012
- Manufacturer : Marpac
- ASIN : B00HD0ELFK
- Country of Origin : USA
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,259 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Simply plug it in and turn it on. Rotate the cap and collar to adjust tone and volume.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.