Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Matt Schifferle
Matt grew up in the green mountains of Vermont enjoying the local fitness scene including biking, skiing and Ben & Jerry's Ice cream. After dedicating himself to traditional diet and exercise methods for many years he figured there had to be a way to stay in shape without making diet and exercise the focus of daily life. This was the founding belief that created the Fitness Independence movement.
Matt currently lives in Colorado and still enjoys his outdoor sports and ice cream. He's also a member of the PCC Leadership Team, a group of instructors helping to teach people how to be fit and strong with only their body weight. He's also a 5th-degree black belt in Taekwon-Do and a personal Trainer.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Break free from the constant battle of high-maintenance workouts and start training on your terms…
If you want the ultimate freedom to train where, when, and how you want without wasting endless hours in the gym... you need to read this book.
MICRO WORKOUTS is a collection of training strategies designed for the real world and your crazy-busy lifestyle. These simple to use tools will give you a laser-like focus that will make your training truly effective, so you can cut out the fluff that’s wasting your time and energy.
The end to workout confusion…
Many internet fitness programs, and books, base their programs on little more than assumptions and estimated guesswork on what you need to do.
In this book, Matt lifts the roof off these bloated workout programs and reveals why they are fundamentally flawed. Instead, he shares the most effective strategies you can use to create an unlimited number of custom micro workouts.
Best of all, understanding these strategies will empower you to create micro workouts that will be a perfect fit for you as your goals and circumstances change.
No more: Feeling chained to a rigid program that doesn’t fit with your lifestyle.
No more: Expensive gym memberships with equipment that you don’t need or paying thousands of dollars for personal trainers.
No more: Wasting 1-5 hours per day, training every day of the week.
No more: “Go hard or go home” attitude or feeling like you need to grind it out at the gym on every workout.
No more: Going to extremes in both your habits or results to enjoy a happy and healthy lifestyle.
In MICRO WORKOUTS you will discover:
* 3 Fundamental training styles that make your workouts super simple allow you to train for any objective
* The surprising strategies that will work your muscles harder in 3 minutes than 3 hours at the gym.
* Why you should ditch the tedious warm-ups for these simple and efficient habits that keep you loose and guarantee you’re always “action-ready”.
* How to use adaptive intuitive training to increase workout consistency, motivation, and progression whilst empowering you to overcome any change in your circumstances.
* The secret to looking forward to training daily with multiple micro workouts without sacrificing your job, time with friends or family, and doing the other things you love.
* How to use my simple 1-page workout log to make tracking, and planning your workouts a breeze.
* Learn the secret about the soul-sucking cardio trap that is like a black hole for your time and energy, and makes it almost impossible to maintain a healthy weight.
* How to overcome the training obstacles that are holding you back in every workout.
* Why there’s no such thing as fat-loss exercise and the real strategies that burn more calories than any other workout.
* How to avoid getting injured without losing the intensity you need to grow
* Plus... a special bonus chapter on Micro Dieting explaining why all long-term diets actually condition your body to resist weight loss and offer you a better way to manage your diet.
MICRO WORKOUTS strategies work for any fitness level. Whether you’re a professional athlete, fitness junkie, or a complete beginner, Micro Workouts are the missing link to achieving any goal using any equipment you wish to use.
Achieve your fitness goals with calisthenics—no weights, trainer or gym required
Gain strength, mobility, endurance, and flexibility using simple body movements and nothing more than your own weight. Calisthenics for Beginners provides an all-inclusive training plan that won’t require massive sacrifices to your time, energy, or wallet.
Power through three calisthenic workout programs that progress in technique and intensity as you build a comprehensive understanding of this approachable training method. Then, explore recovery techniques, plus guidelines for creating a workout routine that fits your personal goals and lifestyle. Calisthenics is the workout of choice for athletes of all fitness levels, from weekend walkers to professional sports stars.
Calisthenics for Beginners includes:
- Training for all levels—Endlessly adjustable and customizable calisthenics workouts meet you where you are and serve your unique fitness goals.
- Full-body workouts—This complete, efficient approach to fitness works your whole body with a series of simple movement patterns.
- Variety, versatility, and fun—More than 35 dynamic exercises featuring the progressions, modifications, and variations you need to keep it interesting, challenging, and engaging.
The myth that getting fit requires a gym, a trainer, and even weights has been disproven—calisthenics is the physical conditioning way of the future.
“From the moment I opened it, I could not put Grind-Style Calisthenics down. Nobody in the world understands bodyweight bodybuilding as well as Matt. He is the undisputed master! I endorse very, very few training books, but Matt’s work is consistently in the elite tier of the calisthenics field.”
Paul “Coach “ Wade, Author of Convict Conditioning
The three simple strategies in this program require no special equipment or skills, yet they can be adjusted in an unlimited number of ways to fit any level of fitness, lifestyle, and personal preferences.
I DO HAVE TO WARN YOU that these methods are not fancy or extreme. As such, many will dismiss them as being inadequate and beneath them to produce any meaningful results.
Not only are these methods effective, and offer a wide range of comprehensive benefits, but they also fill in the gaps that many serious fitness enthusiasts fail to address in their extreme approaches. That's why this program works great as a starting point for absolute beginners, as well as a way to maintain a solid foundation you can continue building off of.
Smart Bodyweight Training is more than a book about how to achieve superior results through bodyweight training. It’s about using the discipline of
calisthenics as a tool to learn how to use every muscle in your body in a smarter and more
Author Matt Schifferle first discovered bodyweight training after years of struggling with classic
weight and cardio workouts. Within a few months, of using little more than a pull-up bar, Matt
found new levels of strength and health through using techniques that required a fraction of the
time and effort of costly gym-based workouts.
Unsatisfied with classic step-by-step calisthenics routines, Matt has created an infinitely
customizable approach that delivers fast, proven results for anyone from the rank beginner to the
No matter where you are in your fitness journey, your best workouts are still yet to
come not just by working harder, but through working smarter than ever before.
than ever. Ironically, modern living that has
made popular fitness methods too complicated and
costly to be practical much less effective.
In Fitness Independence, Matt Schifferle shares what he
has learned about how to be as fit as possible, without
having to sacrifice your lifestyle to the gym or "eating right."
Through focusing on just 5 key principals, you'll learn how
to achieve better results from building muscle to shedding
fat. At the same time, you'll break free from the costly
fads and trends that shackle both your results and your
This is not another book about how to burn fat or get six
pack abs. It's a new approach towards diet and exercise
while remaining free to be fit on your own terms.
It's a book about how to "be fit and live free."