Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Maxi-Cosi Magellan Max All-in-One Convertible Car Seat with 5 Modes and Magnetic Chest Clip, Nomad Grey
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$50.01 (13%)|
- 10 YEARS OF ADVENTURE, 1 CAR SEAT: The Magellan Max 5-in-1 convertible car seat grows with your child and provides a perfect fit from birth to 10 years (5-120 lbs.)
- KEEP SAFETY WHERE YOU NEED IT: Adjustable torso side impact protection with 14-position headrest adjustment creates a customized fit for all growth stages: rear-facing, forward-facing, and belt-positioning booster.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND USE: Integrated belt lock-offs designed for simple and secure installation; One-click LATCH connectors install and release easily. Buckles quickly with EZ Out harness system and ClipQuik auto-magnetic chest clip.
- ONE-HANDED RECLINE AND EASY ADJUST: 7-positions to choose from; HideAway seat belt harness makes it a breeze to transform into booster car seat mode.
- EXTRA COMFORTABLE RIDE: The premium, machine washable fabrics and padding provide the most comfort for your child during the ride.
- SUPERIOR SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: Backed by more than 30 years of European engineering, the patented Air Protect advanced cushioning system is built into the headrest to provide cushion around your child’s head.
- OVER 50 MILLION BABIES CARRIED HOME SAFE: Maxi-Cosi believes in doing as much as possible to help parents as their families grow. Having carried more than 50 million babies home from the hospital, Maxi-Cosi has come a long way since it introduced the first baby car seat in Europe in 1984. Today they are the leading brand in Europe, selling products all over the world.
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
We Carry the Future
Every newborn baby brings the exciting promise of a new future, and we continuously seek new ideas and creative solutions to provide each generation of parents with mobility solutions they can trust. Everything we do is with great care. Because we at Maxi-Cosi ensure our products will carry precious little ones in the safest and most comfortable way possible. That’s how we enable new families to explore the world together. That’s how we carry the future.
Maxi-Cosi Magellan Max All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
The Perfect Fit, from Birth to 10 Years
Once your baby enters the world, the ultimate adventure begins—parenthood. And as you’re ready to embark on this incredible journey, it’s always nice to plan ahead. Introducing the Magellan Max All-in-One car seat that’s ready for 10 years of fun family adventures.
- The Magellan Max grows with your child and provides a perfect fit from birth to 10 years (5-120 lbs.)
- Comfort-Adjust torso protection with 14-position headrest adjustment
- Buckles quickly with Out-Of-The-Way harness system and ClipQuik auto-magnetic chest clip
- HideAway harness allows seat to easily transform to booster car seat mode
- Integrated belt lock-offs designed for simple and secure installation
Spring assist Out-Of-The-Way harness system keeps the straps and crotch buckle from getting caught and bunched under your child.
14 Height Positions
14 height positions to choose from, allows a wider range for correct child fit. Design allows you to move both the headrest and harness heights into the correct position.
Easy to Buckle
Parents can open the auto-magnetic chest clip quickly with just one hand—making it easy for parents but hard for kids to unbuckle.
Embark on Your Adventure
Air Protect Side Impact Protection at every stage from birth to 10 years.
The premium, machine washable fabrics and padding provide the most comfort for your child during the ride.
Designed to grow with your child, the Hideaway Harness allows the Magellan Max to convert into a belt-positioning booster.
|Maxi-Cosi Magellan Max Convertible Car Seat||Maxi-Cosi Magellan Convertible Car Seat|
|Weight Range||5 to 120 pounds||5 to 120 pounds|
|Number of Modes||5||5|
|ClipQuik Auto-Magnetic Chest Clip||✓||-|
|EZ Out Harness System||✓||-|
|Infant Support Insert||✓||✓|
|Cup Holders||2 removable||2 removable|
|Machine Washable/ Dryer Safe Fabric||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Graco 4Ever 4 in 1 Car Seat featuring TrueShield Side Impact Technology
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat, Night Black
Graco Extend2Fit 3 in 1 Car Seat | Ride Rear Facing Longer with Extend2Fit, featuring TrueShield Side Impact Technology, Ion
Maxi-Cosi Pria Max 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Nomad Grey
Graco SlimFit 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat | Infant to Toddler Car Seat, Saves Space in your Back Seat, Annabelle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||VirVentures||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon Warehouse|
|Color||Nomad Grey||Ion||Night Black||Ion||New Nomad Grey||Annabelle|
|Item Dimensions||24.88 x 24.63 x 19.56 inches||20.00 x 21.50 x 24.00 inches||21.00 x 23.00 x 29.00 inches||22.52 x 21.89 x 25.16 inches||25.25 x 24.00 x 19.88 inches||26.81 x 19.88 x 22.36 inches|
|Item Weight||26.46 lbs||24.00 lbs||23.00 lbs||22.75 lbs||22.95 lbs||19.69 lbs|
|Maximum Weight Recommendation||120.00 lbs||120.00 lbs||85.00 lbs||100.00 lbs||100.00 lbs||100.00 lbs|
|Minimum Weight Recommendation||5.00 lbs||4.00 lbs||14.00 lbs||4.00 lbs||4.00 lbs||5.00 lbs|
The Magellan Max 5-in-1 car seat is the only premium convertible car seat that fits your child from birth to 10 years. Designed be the only car seat you'll ever need for children weighing 5 to 120 pounds, it allows for the widest range of adaptability with its 7-position recline, 3 adjustable torso height positions and 14 headrest heights that automatically raises the harness to fit your growing child. Plus, converting to each new stage is simple and intuitive, so you don't have to spend too much time making car seat adjustments. Our patented Air Protect is built into the headrest to cushion the impact, and equally important, it also provides a soft pillow of comfort for your child's everyday journey. For the first time you have the ability to adjust the torso up or down to maximize side impact protection. EZ Out Harness System with ClipQuik. During the toddler years when children love to get into mischief the spring assist EZ Out harness system keeps the straps and crotch buckle from getting caught and bunched under your child. Paired perfectly with the ClipQuik's auto-magnetic chest clip, parents can open it quickly with just one hand-making it easy for parents but hard for kids to unbuckle. The magnets automatically slide together to self-lock when in close proximity so you can get on your way quickly. For every new journey, the Magellan has been designed with the utmost luxury and comfort in mind. Starting with the soft to the touch, easy to remove infant pillow system. The car seat features self-wicking fabrics to keep your little one dry and comfortable in those hot summer months, while warm and cozy the rest of the year. The fabrics have been tailored to fit but in case of those unwanted messes, they're machine washable and dryer safe. With a car seat that grows with your baby until they're 10 years old, just think of all the wonderful memories you'll have from all of your family outings.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also the material is already showing where less than 6 months of use. Try it out in a store before buying!!!
I’m hoping to deal The the company directly to get $ back as I can’t return the seat any longer through amazon.
So far I like it very much. I have read that it’s difficult to install it, but I’m 22 years old, 135lbs and had no issues installing it! I used the belt to install it. My son is only 6.5 month and 21lbs so instead of having to reinstall it after he gets heavier, because after a certain weight you can no longer use the latches, I just installed it with the belt. You have to make sure that once the seat is installed with the belt and is clicked in you pull the seat belt all of the way out till you can’t any more and when it retracts it’ll lock and the seatbelt will keep the seat in place.
Update: the car seat has been working very well for us. It’s so much easier to get him in and out of this seat compared to the infant seat we used for him.
I don’t know if our seat is defective, but it’s pretty much unusable. I was so excited for this seat, but am sorry disappointed. What a waste of $355.
Just a few issues or room for improvement
- I really wish there was some sort of hook like the Pria seat to hold the harness out of the way, Yes the Magellan as the spring loaded harness straps, but my issue is having to always fish for the buckles. Especially with this design, the buckles are always at the bottom and still get twisted.
- I could use some more helpful info on the head and back pillow. I was super confused on whether I was supposed to use them or not and it doesn't seem like there is any way to hold the back pillow in place.
- Its a little hard to unfasten the center buckle. The cover/padding for it keeps covering the front, so it makes it difficult to push the red buttons sometimes to unbuckle the harness.
Pros (compared to the Pria 85 we have and regularly use for our toddler.)
-Its way way way easier to install
-Its way way easier to tighten down the harness.
- The double cup holders that are removable are very nice.
- The spring loaded harness pads are definitely nice, especially compared to an infant seat that has no hooks/holders for the harness, however I think I slightly prefer the hooks the Pria 85 has. I am still able to place my kiddo in her seat, and the straps still end up behind her, but they are easy to fish out from behind her since they are spring loaded.
- The level indicator is a great visual compared to just a line that the Pria has.
Overall we really like this seat, it feels very plush and its fantastic that the cover is removable/washable (goodbye puke). I like that this seat will last a long time for our girl, but there are a few areas of improvement.