Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Melissa Perri
Committed to that mission, she created the online school Product Institute, where she has shared her scientific approach to Product Management with over 3500 students. In 2019, Melissa was appointed to the faculty of Harvard Business School to teach Product Management in the MBA program.
As a consultant, Melissa works with executives worldwide to set up their product organizations, advise on product strategy, and grow product leaders into Chief Product Officers. She has a B.S. in Operations Research and Information Engineering from Cornell University.
Customers Also Bought Items By
To stay competitive in today’s market, organizations need to adopt a culture of customer-centric practices that focus on outcomes rather than outputs. Companies that live and die by outputs often fall into the "build trap," cranking out features to meet their schedule rather than the customer’s needs.
In this book, Melissa Perri explains how laying the foundation for great product management can help companies solve real customer problems while achieving business goals. By understanding how to communicate and collaborate within a company structure, you can create a product culture that benefits both the business and the customer. You’ll learn product management principles that can be applied to any organization, big or small.
In five parts, this book explores:
- Why organizations ship features rather than cultivate the value those features represent
- How to set up a product organization that scales
- How product strategy connects a company’s vision and economic outcomes back to the product activities
- How to identify and pursue the right opportunities for producing value through an iterative product framework
- How to build a culture focused on successful outcomes over outputs