Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Monica Rubombora
She has served as a Deputy Director General in the South African Civil Service and a Managing Director in the Public Sector business of Accenture, South Africa. Today she runs her own business and technology consulting company.
Based on her deep understanding of the challenges that face many small businesses, Monica felt an urgency to write this book. She is keenly aware of the resource, time constraints, and the sense of overwhelm that threaten to engulf small companies as they work within this complex government industry.
As a business owner, Monica also shares every small business owner's aspiration of growing profitably and leaving impactful footprints in the communities within which they operate. Most of all, she shares each small business owner's desire to WIN!
Monica writes because she loves to share her knowledge with the world. She is an influential voice on leadership, mentorship entrepreneurship, government, and mindset change. She is an avid bookworm and enjoys doing philanthropy and community upliftment work.
Married with two adult children, Monica lives in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Do you know anyone who seems "chronically" happy? How do they do it? Is it really as easy as a group of small habits?
You may already have access to all you need. If you want to control the level of happiness in your life, then this may be the most important book you read this year, here's why ...
But first a warning: Despite most people desiring to be happy, many will overlook the simple principles in these pages. If you tend to look at ideas and say things like I already tried that or that won't work for you may want to pass on this book. The principles in this book are at your disposal right now, but some of them take time to implement in your life. If you are impatient, or looking for a quick fix, this book probably isn't for you. On the other hand, if you are willing to approach these habits with an open mind, you are bound to find more than one way to change your outlook on life right away.
Happiness is considered by many as a choice. It's not always easy to see that, but with small changes in daily habits and adjusting your thinking, you will be surprised at how things can change. We asked over 20 experts to describe their most successful "happiness" habits for us, and the result was The Happiness Code.
The Happiness Code is a life lesson of habits, mindsets and stories of how they have been used to create fulfilment.
It's more than just about habits though....
- Don't Make This One Mistake That Can Delay Your Quality Of Life
- You Need To Accept The Level Of Happiness In Your Life Right Now, Right??? WRONG!
- When It Is OK To Choose To Put Yourself First
- How To Leverage Hobbies To Reach Your Dreams
- Where To Find "Happiness Hacks" In Your Life
- How To Eliminate The Causes Of Down Days Quickly
- Why Learning "Doable Happiness" Works As A Pathway To A Content Mind
- Don't sweat the small stuff? NO! Learn why you should!
- Think Happiness Is Unrelated To Science? Think again.
Order your copy of The Happiness Code Now!
Do you ever wonder why some people always seem to succeed, and others fail?
You already have access to all you need. If you want to learn how to use your true ability to access the secrets of success, then this may be the most important book you read this year, here's why ...
But first a warning: Despite how success is portrayed in the media, or in movies, most of it doesn't happen overnight. The principles in this book are readily at your disposal right now, but some of them take time to implement in your life. If you are impatient, or looking for a quick fix, this book probably isn't for you. On the other hand, if you are willing to implement some simple habits and new mindset ideas into your life, then we encourage you to read on.
Most "overnight" successes have been developed with small changes in daily habits and mindset tweaks, one day at a time. You will be surprised how simple these habits are, yet the majority of the people you know do not implement them on a regular basis. We asked over 20 experts to describe these habits for us, and the result was The Success Code.
The Success Code is a life lesson of habits, mindsets and stories of how they have been used to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
It's more than just about habits though....
- How to change your career (and your income), even if you have no idea how
- You need to work your way up to your dream job, right? Wrong!
- The 3 things you must absolutely do to recover when you find yourself down in the drudgery of despair (whether personally or in your business)
- Where to find help when you need it most, think Luke Skywalker
- How to eliminate the thoughts that make you poor
- Why you should never fight it when you are having a breakdown
- Why doing less will help you produce more and reduce stress
- Say Goodbye to unrealized goals when you make this one change
- What to do to reach the OMG level of your brand
- When it is ok to pivot your life, and how to reframe your mind to do it
- The Truth about maximizing your time and energy each day
Start using these principles in your life!
Order your copy of The Success Code Now!
The Definitive Guide to Doing Business with the Government
Winning a Government contract can be incredibly lucrative for a small business but responding to Government Requests for Proposals can leave you feeling frustrated, confused, and overwhelmed due its level of complexity.
The Government is the biggest buyer of goods and services in the world. But did you know that many Government Contracts are won way before they are ever published?
Author, Monica Rubombora, brings over two decades of an insider’s view of the Government Contracting business. She has served as a Deputy Director General in the South African Civil Service and a Managing Director in the Public Sector business of Accenture. Today she runs her own business and technology consulting company, with Government as an anchor client.
Based on her deep understanding of the challenges that face many small businesses, Rubombora wrote this book to help small businesses navigate these complexities so they can win more government contracts.
Government Tenders Don’t Suck! is a no-nonsense playbook for the overwhelmed small business owner who wants to navigate the complicated government tendering process and win.
The book is a comprehensive guide for business development and Request for Proposal or RFP. It has been designed to help you—the “little gal and guy” to:
- Avoid common pitfalls and make the most of your business understanding, skills, and experience to win profitable Government Contracts
- Compete for business through structured and meaningful written responses to solicitations from potential government clients.
- Figure out how to respond to government tenders without losing your mind, even when your resources are constrained, or you have few prior assets that can demonstrate a successful track record
- Manage tender response operations on shoestring budgets through time-saving tools and templates you can rinse and reuse
As a small business owner or manager this may be the most important book you read this year. Imagine what winning a single Government contract would impact your business!
Download Government Tenders Don't Suck now! Available in Kindle, paperback and audiobook.