- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Monster Hunter Files, The MP3 CD – MP3 Audio, December 12, 2017
Enhance your purchase
For well over a century, Monster Hunter International has kept the world safe from supernatural threats small and large - and, in some cases, very, very large. Now, join us as MHI opens their archives for the first time. From experienced hunters on their toughest cases to total newbies' initial encounters with the supernatural, The Monster Hunter Files reveals the secret history of the world's most elite monster fighting force.
Discover what happened when Agent Franks took on the Nazis in World War II. Uncover how the Vatican's Combat Exorcists deal with Old Ones in Mexico. And find out exactly what takes place in a turf war between trailer park elves and gnomes. From the most powerful of mystical beings to MHI's humble janitor, see the world of professional monster hunting like never before.
Featuring 17 all new tales based on Larry Correia's best-selling series, from New York Times best-selling authors Jim Butcher, John Ringo, Jessica Day George, Jonathan Maberry, Faith Hunter, and many more.
Also includes stories by Larry Correia, John C. Wright, Jody Lynn Nye, Mike Kupari, and Brad R. Torgersen.
"A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens
Ebenezer Scrooge has no time for the poor or the wretched. And it’s “Bah, humbug!” to anyone who wishes him a Merry Christmas. But when he turns in for the night one cold, fateful Christmas Eve, his past, present, and future converge. | Learn more
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
About the Author
Larry Correia is the creator of the Wall Street Journal and New York Times best-selling Monster Hunter series, with first entry Monster Hunter International, as well as urban fantasy hardboiled adventure saga the Grimnoir Chronicles, with first entry Hard Magic, and epic fantasy series The Saga of the Forgotten Warrior, with first entry Son of the Black Sword and latest entry, House of Assassins. He is an avid gun user and advocate and shot on a competitive level for many years. Before becoming a full-time writer, he was a military contract accountant, and a small business accountant and manager. Correia lives in Utah with his wife and family.
A martial arts enthusiast whose resume includes a long list of skills rendered obsolete at least two hundred years ago, Jim Butcher turned to writing as a career because anything else probably would have driven him insane. He lives with his wife, his son and a ferocious guard dog.
Faith Hunter, urban fantasy writer, was born in Louisiana and raised all over the south.
The dark urban fantasy Skinwalker series, featuring Jane Yellowrock, is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling series with multiple books and compilations.
Under her pen name Gwen Hunter, she writes action adventure, mysteries, and thrillers.
As Faith and Gwen, she has more than 33 books in print in 29 countries.
Jonathan Maberry is a New York Times bestselling author, multiple Bram Stoker Award winner, and Marvel Comics writer.
Oliver Wyman (Born April 30, 1964) is an American voice actor who has worked on many animated features and television shows. He has won many awards for his work as a narrator of audio books as well. He is sometimes known as Pete Zarustica. His best roles are Drew from Pokemon, Morty from Shaman King, Bigs the Cat from Sonic X , and Aster from Yugioh gx
- Publisher : Audible Studios on Brilliance Audio; Unabridged edition (December 12, 2017)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1543674127
- ISBN-13 : 978-1543674125
- Item Weight : 3.5 ounces
- Dimensions : 6.75 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,146,278 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The stories are set in the MH (Monster Hunter) Universe that builds on the other books in the series, and many of the stories focus on a particular character, such as Julie, Trip, Agent Franks, Chad, etc. The stories range from a Kitsune in Portland, to the janitor at MH HQ, to Agent Franks during WW2. Sarah Hoyt did a great job with Julie, and I look forward to her collaboration with Larry in MH Guardian.
- A+ Authors like Jim Butcher, John Ringo , and more! You should just buy the book for the Jim Butcher story!
- Great stories that are just a fun read.
- The stories add to the Monster Hunter Series.
- Baen Quality - Baen, the book publisher are among the best editors in the Sci Fi area.
- Reads like a B Movie, where the Heroes shoot back!
- Wide range of stories
- You find out about the brother of Owen's Boss (Owen's Boss was thrown out a window in book 1 - he's was Werewolf) mentioned in the greatest opening book sentence that starts book 1 Monster Hunter International (Monster Hunters International Book 1) ever in his first published book that has 1296 reviews with 4 1/2 stars out of 5.
- You may hurt yourself by laughing so hard.
Do you need to read the rest of the series before this?
No, but that would add to the enjoyment.
Should you read this at work?
No, there is a huge danger of ROFL and that may impact your career.
Is this a serious literary work?
How would you rate it?
R for violence. Lots of Monsters and bad guys are killed. Think a B Movie.
Is it silly?
No, just clean fun.
Is it Gory?
No. People and Monsters die, but it's not done in a gory way.
1) I happened to watch a panel discussion off YouTube that was recorded at a recent convention. I have read most of the Monster Hunter series and have a fondness for those characters.
2) But I am an avid follower of Faith Hunter’s Jane Yellowrock series, so I had to have it for Jane alone.
3) I am also a fan of Jim Butcher’s writing style, so I was also looking forward to his story as sort of a bonus prize.
However, I just expanded my list of authors who’s work I need to research because I enjoyed so many of these stories.
The Monster Hunter International Files is a grand anthology. Every story is interesting and entertaining. One of my most beloved elements of the MHI series are the dashes of humor even when the monsters are enormous and doom seems inevitable. Many of these stories continue that tradition brilliantly. But if you prefer the dark side of fantasy horror, you have content to enjoy as well.
The authors have done a good job of providing enough back ground that I think that someone unfamiliar with the series would still enjoy it.
In terms of my personal enjoyment, the outstanding stories in the collection were:
• Small Problems by Jim Butcher
• She Bitch, Killer of Kits by Faith Hunter
• Hunter Born by Sarah Hoyt
• Keep Kaiju Weird by Kim May
• Sons of the Father by Quincy Allen
• The Case of the Ghastly Specter by John Ringo
• Huffman Strikes Back -by Bryan Thomas Schmidt & Julie Frost
• Thistle by Larry Correia
• A Knight of the Enchanted Forest by Jessica Day George
I had planned to read this book on my Kindle, but somehow, I got the Audible version going and finished out listening rather than reading. Most of the performers were new to me. While all the narrators did an excellent job, I believe the women did especially well at playing their characters.
Top reviews from other countries
I'd never read any of the Monster Hunter International series before this (I bought it exactly because I was looking to read new stories by lots of people without buying entire novels), and even with stories that are untold incidents from the life of an established major character, I was given enough about the character that they're not just cyphers.
A good, fast paced read.
just waiting for more in these series to be published for me to buy and read