My Brest Friend Original Nursing Posture Pillow, Midnight Poppy
- FEEL THE SUPPORT: Encourages better posture during breastfeeding, alleviating strain in your back, neck, and arms
- FIRM AND FLAT: Prevents baby from rolling out of position during nursing
- CONVENIENT POCKET: Handy pouch keeps your maternity supplies within easy reach
- WRAP AROUND DESIGN: Adjusts to fit most sizes, this pillow surrounds your body securely, for the ideal position
- PREFERRED BY THE PROS: My Brest Friend is proud to be the top choice of lactation consultants and birthing hospitals
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought these digital items
Customers also bought these Kindle books
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Promoting proper posture, My Brest Friend pillows alleviate back, neck, shoulder, and arm pain.
Comfortable & Sturdy
With a wrap around design, both mom and baby feel secure, allowing both to maintain a comfortable position.
Have easy access to your nipple cream, water, lip balm, or any other accessories with our easy to reach pocket.
Care for Your Slipcover
1. Unzip the slipcover and remove completely from the breastfeeding pillow
2. Zip cover closed to protect zipper prior to washing
3. Wash in warm water on the gentle cycle (do not use hot water or bleach)
4. Do not put cover in the dryer (air-dry the cover to prevent shrinkage)
Care for Your Pillow
1. Foam breastfeeding pillows should not be submerged in water or placed in the washing machine or dryer
2. Use a damp cloth and mild soap to spot-clean
3. Leave nursing pillow in a well-ventilated area to dry before replacing cover
Compare with similar items
My Brest Friend Deluxe Nursing Pillow for Comfortable Posture, Grey Flower Key
Boppy Original Nursing Pillow and Positioner, Notebook Black and Gold, Cotton Blend Fabric with allover fashion
Boppy Bare Naked Nursing Pillow and Positioner
Stretchy Nursing Pillow Covers-2 Pack Nursing Pillow Slipcovers for Breastfeeding Moms,Ultra Soft Snug Fits On Infant Nursing Pillow,Pink & White Arrow
Boppy Original Nursing Pillow and Positioner, Gray Dinosaurs, Cotton Blend Fabric with Allover Fashion
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Color||Grey. Black||Grey||Black/Gold||White- Nursing Pillow||pink white arrow||Gray Dinosaurs|
Breastfeeding can be one of the most challenging routines a new mother faces. Many women stop nursing due to trouble with latching, not knowing that proper positioning might make all the difference. A lot of new moms consult with lactation specialists only after becoming exasperated and exhausted, feeling they should instinctively know how to breastfeed their own baby, and not understanding why they’re having trouble. This My Brest Friend pillow is designed to give moms the confidence they need to feel secure and position them for breastfeeding success. My Brest Friend is here to help alleviate some of these stresses and demystify what many new mothers and fathers experience during those first precious months of your newborn baby’s life. strong. Enjoy The Support You’ve Been Looking . Discover the solution in the Original Nursing Pillow. After years of thorough research and real-life testing, it is specifically designed to make breastfeeding more comfortable. Its supportive backrest encourages good posture during breastfeeding and prevents neck and shoulder strain, too. Also great at minimizing strain at the elbows and wrists, so you can focus all your attention on your little one. My Brest Friend boasts a unique shape and is the only pillow that fits snuggly against the wearer, eliminating the gap that most crescent-shaped nursing pillows have. This is especially important to facilitate proper latching for consistent feedings. Keep baby safe and sound and held securely in place on our firm and flat pillow throughout the entire nursing session. Designed Just For You. Keep all your maternity supplies and accessories easily within reach in the super-convenient side pocket. Store extra bottles, nipple cream or even your smartphone to avoid getting up in the middle of nursing and disrupting baby. Wrap around design provides welcome support to your weary back and sore shoulders. My Brest Friend Original Nursing Pillow surrounds your body for the ideal position for baby. Clever silent-release straps lets you slip away quietly when your newborn nods off and unlatches without waking the babe My Brest Friend strives to provide new mothers with the most intuitive and useful maternity products on the market. We are proud to be among the most preferred brands for lactation consultants and mothers alike and keep the comfort of mother and child at the forefront of everything we create. Popular Positions for Football: Mom puts her arm under her baby and supports them using her palm on their back and to support their head. Lay them down on a pillow next to you with their head at the end pointing down toward your feet, then put your arm underneath them and bring them up to your breast with their nose in line with the nipple, holding them similar to the way you would a football. Cradle: Your baby will be on its back horizontally and resting comfortably. If you’re feeding from the left breast, its head will rest in the crook of that same arm. The rest of your arm will be under the baby’s back and you’ll need to make sure that its spine, neck and head are fully supported while its nose is in line with the nipple from which they are feeding. Relax & Snuggle: Mom can lay on her side propped up with pillows behind her and the baby is laid on their side next to her at her breast, using the breastfeeding pillow to keep them in place. Bring your arm over your head to cradle your baby’s head and make sure it is properly placed at your breast as they feed.
From the Manufacturer
The My Brest Friend nursing pillow is the perfect support pillow for proper latch-on and breastfeeding in comfort and security. The nursing pillow was developed in a laboratory of new moms, babies, and breastfeeding experts who set out to create a nursing pillow whose sole purpose was to answer all the needs of breastfeeding moms and babies.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* I love that I can clip it around my waist, and then move around, without needing to awkwardly put it back on while while holding my baby.
* It's adjustable
* Very cute patterns
* Great Design
* The pocket it really handy
* I mean, the name, who doesn't love it?
* My baby grew very fast, he was very tall, so he was hanging his legs off the sides by the time he was 6 months old.
* It is just a little pricey, but not too bad.
All things considered, I love this pillow, and I'll be using it for our daughter when she gets here in November!
I hope you found this information useful. If you did, and if you don't mind, click the "Yes" button next to "Was this review helpful to you?" just below this review. Thank you, and have wonderful day!
We bought this because her sister and good friend both separately recommended it.
My thought was...it's just a pillow..but I'm here writing this review because she LOVES this and she says it makes a HUGE difference over any other type of pillow. Her sister nursed for almost 2 years with this pillow saving her a lot of energy/effort. Her other friend nursed for 18 months.
If you don't see same-day shipping (and you live in a big city) keep choosing different colors/styles as they are different prices and different ones have different shipping speeds. The wife didn't care about colors or style and wanted any of them with same-day shipping since our newborn was days old and wanted anything that would help her feed better. Definitely worth it! Happy wife, happy life, happy baby!
I like that I can remove the cover and wash it, but I do have concerns about longevity of the product as every time I remove the cover to wash it, the inside sponge does show some wear, but I guess that is expected. It would be better for the manufacturer to have a liner along with the cover so constant removing and inserting outer cover, doesn't rub off on the sponge directly. I did NOT receive this product for free and neither am I affiliated with brest friend by any means. It's just a great product.
Top international reviews
the only one you need, i tried loads, i have about 5 due to wrist problem holding baby to feed, the Gaia pillow is second to this and baby can sleep on it a dream too.
This is a little hard but soooo functional and doesn't slip!
Perfect! Had to wait a bit for it to arrive so order early before baby comes, trust me!!
However, I do have some negative feed back on it, I was disappointed that when I received it the quality of the fabric was sub-par, it is a cheap cotton (however it did wash ok). My other negative was that it smelt really bad like glue and chemicals. I can only assume this came from the packaging and the adhesive they use to put the pillow together. Even after washing the cover it still has an odor. Not ideal for a newborn in my books.
I will continue to use it because it is a great product, but I try and put my own blanket over it to mask the adhesive smell.
-flatter top than traditional pillow cushions, so my baby does not roll as much nor slowly rolls into me while feeding.
- sturdy and flat is good for cross/cradle holds
- pocket in front is handy for small items to keep closeby like a cell phone.
- padding in the back is good back/lumbar support
-foam cushion firmer than pillow cushions
-more affordable than other styles from this brand (appears to be exact same specifications)
- you can walk around with it if needed and it probably won't fall down when clipped on. (without baby of course)
- The thickness/height of the cushion is only 11cm or 4.25 inches! That is incredibly thin and is definitely not thick enough to bring a newborn up to the boob to feed! I am 5'6" and needed additional couch cushions underneath to prop it up higher. This plus positioning and clipping it while holding a crying baby makes for additional work and highly annoying. Seems like this was made for short torsos or an older infant/toddler.
- Not good for football hold and clearly the design did not consider this hold. The fit around the waist is oblong, not circular, when clasp is done up, so this is really ineffective and uncomfortable for me when I do football hold to feed. Rotating sideways also renders the backrest useless.
- I'm thin build, and it fits with some room to spare if I ever gain weight. But I don't see that there is enough room for any waist of plus size.
- There are two circular raised foam areas near both sides of the top of cushion. Not clear what these are for. If these are the arm/elbow rests that is in the description, the raised areas are way too close to centre and not even close to elbows, maybe a forearm rest? If they are for the baby's head comfort, perhaps they're useful, but I didn't find it helped for me as the cushion was short to begin with anyway, and these bumps caused baby to roll a little.
- They call the strap "silent release". I found this to be opposite; everytime, it would startle baby, or wake him if he fell asleep... it's a plastic buckle that is pretty loud, unless you do it slowly and hold with your hand to release.
Have not washed the cover yet, so cannot comment. Also, with other reviews, this is foam and probably not easy to clean in case messes get in/on the foam.
Overall, there are good points on this; mainly so that the baby doesn't roll because it's flat, and the back rest attached. Otherwise, I would not purchase again, unless it was made with thicker padding to accommodate the torso length (perhaps if made like those cushioned lap desks), and if it could accommodate a football hold properly. It's a lot of work to get comfortable/positioned to feed and sometimes I go back to the regular feeding cushion for speediness.
The pillow makes it extremely easy to position the baby for latching, and I love how much I can adjust the pillow's height/orientation using the strap. Once it's buckled in, it really stays put. Also, because the pillow is quite wide and flat it makes for a great place for baby to nap once he finishes feeding - I find it a lot more comfortable than him napping in my arms.
The only negatives are that the pillow and cover feel quite cheap. The pillow is just a piece of foam, and the cover looks a bit crappy after just one wash. I also found the cover very difficult to get on and off for washing. I wish the pillow was more of an actual pillow with a fabric casing than just a cut piece of foam.
1. Pillow is smaller than it appears. So might only last a few months. So it cannot be used when baby grows.
2. The whole back support thing is useless to me. Infact it affected the ease of use. I had very hard time putting this pillow and then removing it while holding the baby. I dont want to put baby aside just to take off the pillow and then pick baby up again. Overall it wasnt easy to use.
3. The joint where back support and front pilow meets is weak.. it might get spoiled easily from that particular area ..
1. Its quite firm. So baby wont sink into the pillow.
2. Cover is removable and washable.
Unfortunately the cons outweighed the pros for me. So i will be returning it.
The U shaped pillows always slide away from your body from the baby’s weight. I bought one of those first because it was cheaper. It was so inneffective that I ended up buying this one. Save your money and go for the good one from the start!