- Product Dimensions: 6 x 5 x 4 inches ; 6.4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 7.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B0013OSSBA
- UPC: 764442954931 733739047618
- Item model number: P27698
- Customer Reviews: 266 customer ratings
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #21,629 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
NOW Supplements, St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) 300 mg, Standardized Extract, 250 Veg Capsules
($0.07 / Count)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$9.05 (35%)|
- STANDARDIZED EXTRACT/0.3 PERCENT HYPERICIN: St. John's Wort has a long history of traditional use by herbalists dating back more than 2000 years.
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED/VEGAN CAPSULES: Take 1 capsule 3 times daily, preferably with food.
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian, Nut Free, Made without Gluten, Dairy Free, Egg Free
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) has a long history of traditional use by herbalists dating back more than 2000 years. Natural color variation may occur in this product.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Do not exceed 3 capsules daily, unless directed by a health care professional. Larger amounts may contribute to photosensitizing reactions (skin reddening) in the presence of strong sunlight or tanning beds. If you are pregnant/lactating, or are taking any MAO-inhibitors or other anti-depressant medications, consult your health care professional prior to use. . This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule Servings Per Container: 250 Description Amount per Serving % Daily Value * Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.† Daily Value not established. St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum) (Herb) (min. 0.3% Hypericin) 300 mg† Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Rice Flour, Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source). Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens. Caution: For adults only. Do not exceed 3 capsules daily, unless directed by a health care professional. Larger amounts may contribute to photosensitizing reactions (skin reddening) in the presence of strong sunlight or tanning beds. St. John's Wort is known to interact with antidepressants, oral contraceptives, immunosuppressants, anticoagulants, anti-seizure, chemotherapeutic agents, and other prescription and over-the-counter medications. Do not use this product while taking any medication or if you have a medical condition without the advice of your physician. Not for use by pregnant/nursing women. Keep out of reach of children. Do Not Eat Freshness Packet. Keep in Bottle. Natural color variation may our in this product. Store in a cool, dry place after opening. Please Recycle. Family owned since 1968.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule 3 times daily, preferably with meals.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. **Always refer to the manufacturer's label on the product for description, recommended dose and precautions.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* I keep my sex drive and I have no sexual dysfunction on St. John's Wort like I had on Prozac. Prozac robs the body of any desire for sex and if the desire is there the performance isn't so great. St. John's Wort doesn't rob the body of anything.
* My mind is clear on St. John's Wort, that wasn't the case on Prozac. Prozac made me crave alcohol.
* St. John's Wort actually decreases my anxiety. Prozac decreased my anxiety for a while but it wasn't effective in all situations. St. John's Wort does a better job at decreasing anxiety.
I highly recommend St. John's Wort because I know from experience. I took Prozac for over 5 years. I can't stress this enough though: DO NOT TAKE ST. JOHN'S WORT WITH ANY PSYCH MEDS (ANTI-DEPRESSANTS).
Also helps me the next day with anxiety and just feeling calmer.
I know I can always trust the NOW brand and this St John's wort is no exception.They contain the 3% of hypericin which was used in the St Johns Wort studies.
Be very careful as SJW can interact with prescription and OTC meds (particularly hormone treatments like birth control!) I always make sure I mention that I'm on SJW and the dose whenever a health-care professional asks about what medicines I'm taking. (Always be careful with herbal supplements. Just because it's "natural" doesn't mean it's safe or won't cause interactions... herbs are medicines, too.)
That said, I wish someone had introduced me to it much earlier in life. It has been a huge help in taking the edge off my depression. And I know that it's working because every time I miss a couple of days, I notice a drop in my mood and an increase in my depression symptoms. It's taught me a lot about my condition.
NOW brand has worked for me. I can tell it is fairly consistent and fresh. If capsules get left out of the airtight bottle for more than a week, the herb dries out and gets dark and compacted, rattling around in the gelcap instead of filling it. I've used NOW for years.
A while back I was waking up with some depression and overall unhappiness for no good reason. I tried St Johns Wort over the course of a few weeks. There was no quickly noticeable effect. I didn't t feel differnet right away. However, the unhappiness just startered to go away.
I continue to take this daily and really seems to remove unhappiness.
Top international reviews
Da ich aus beruflichen Gründen in letzter Zeit sehr im Stress war/bin habe ich mir gedacht, ich versuche mal eine natürliche Alternative um diesen zu regulieren bzw abzubauen.
Und ich muss zugeben, dass es schon nach einigen Tagen seine Wirkung zu entfalten scheint (früher als ich dachte).
Warum es von mir jetzt allerdings nur 4 Sterne gibt, hat einen persönlichen Grund, da die Tabletten sehr stark riechen. Ich kann nichtmal genau sagen nach was, aber ich empfinde es als äußerst unangenehm...
Hinzufügen muss man allerdings, dass ich mich sehr schnell durch intensive (schlechte) Gerüche gestört fühle, daher will ich das Produkt an sich in keinem Fall schlecht reden!
Im Gegenteil! Wie schon geschildert, spüre ich jetzt schon erste Veränderungen und kann jedem der Stress oder ähnliche Probleme hat dazu raten Johanniskraut mal auszuprobieren!
Serenità e meno preoccupazioni (mi sembra) e senso di conforto e sollievo dopo 12-15 giorni : ci si sente un po’ più risollevati.
Lo consiglio per stati depressivi di lieve entità.
Forse un po’ di irrequietezza e confusione, credo per un effetto euforizzante, se usato a lungo, ma non sono sicuro. Eventualmente basta sospenderne l’assunzione per un po’ di tempo.
Attenzione agli effetti indesiderati e soprattutto all’interazione con altri farmaci.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.