Narcissistic Mothers: The Truth About the Problem with Being the Daughter of a Narcissistic Mother, and How to Fix It: A Guide for Healing and Recovering After Narcissistic Abuse Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Still struggling from the effects of a narcissistic or psychopathically abusive relationship?
Many people do and sadly, there is very little information available to be found online or in the written research, or with counsellors and therapists that can help. Narcissistic Victim Syndrome is not officially recognised, nor is it widely even known.
Even when it is accepted, recognised, and known not many people seem to know what to do about it to heal it.... The fact is being in a relationship with a narcissistic mother over a long period of time has long lasting traumatic effects that can be extremely catastrophic to the person suffering them.
DO THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS SOUND FAMILIAR?
- Ruined self-confidence
- Doubting yourself and your sanity
- Mood swings
- Extreme weight loss or weight gain
- Uncharacteristic jealousy/insecurity
- Feeling like you don’t know the difference between right and wrong
- Extreme paranoia (being turned into an obsessive detective)
- Endless, repetitive obsessive thinking about your mother
- Constantly trying to find explanations for what has happened
- Feelings of helplessness and despair
- A desire to self-isolate
- Feeling desperately misunderstood
- Overwhelming feelings of loss and grief
- Extreme bouts of rage
- An inability to be comfortable with yourself
- Strange dreams
- Sudden inexplicable anxiety followed by rapid dips into depression
- The list goes on.
I hear this frustrated cry from abused people a lot.
I felt the same way when I was recovering from emotional abuse at the hands of a narcissistic/borderline psychopath. If you try and tell people who have no experience with a narcissist (there is no experience like being with a narcissist, its not their fault they can’t understand) about it, they will either deny your experience, tell you you are exaggerating, or look at you like you were crazy.
“Maybe my mother is right, maybe it really is me.”
WHAT YOU NEED NOW:
Someone who has been through the same experiences you have and understands them from the inside.
Someone who has the knowledge, training, education, and experience working on himself and others to lead you through the emotional s--tstorm that breaking with a narcissistic mother can create.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to recognize your narcissistic mother
- Signs of a narcissistic mother
- Treatment for children of narcissistic mothers
- Things narcissistic mothers say for mental manipulation and control
- Protection tips
- How to heal now from abuse!
- Separating from a narcissistic mother
- And much more.
- One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection to keep (you’ll use your first credit now).
- Unlimited listening on select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $14.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
People who viewed this also viewed
People who bought this also bought
|Listening Length||3 hours and 13 minutes|
|Author||Dr. Theresa J. Covert|
|Audible.com Release Date||June 13, 2019|
|Publisher||Dr.Theresa J. Covert|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #57,115 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#56 in Personality Disorders (Audible Books & Originals)
#214 in Abusive Relationships
#321 in Personality Disorders (Books)
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book arrived and I was startled to see it was printed in a format that resembled both the height and thickness of a coloring book. The font and spacing are huge. And the copy editing is the most horrendous I’ve ever seen. The peppering of grammatical mistakes was so intense I began focusing more on redlining the errors than making notes about the content. After enough pages, I began noticing inconsistencies in the content as well. So, I put the book down and began googling Dr. Theresa J. Covert. There is no Theresa J. Covert with a medical degree in the United States, or anywhere else.
I would proceed in buying this book using great caution. Just my two cents.
Thank you Doc.
By Breanna Guilles-Martin on January 31, 2020