Other Sellers on Amazon
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, XBOX 360
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit contains 1-8 player online support as well as leaderboards
- Play as either cops and racers in both a tremendously deep, fully-defined single player career and a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes
- The Need For Speed Autolog system connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences and challenges
- Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent
- Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The blistering speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog. This network not only connects friends for epic head-to head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in friendly competition.
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is a high energy racing game that brings the Need For Speed franchise back to its racing/chasing roots. The game allows players to experience a massive open-world game environment from both the perspective of a racer or a cop bent on shutting down racer. Players on both sides have access to a wide range of real, high-performance vehicles, as well as weapons, equipment and power-ups that heighten the excitement of the race and chase. Additional features include: Need For Speed 'Autolog,' a powerful in-game social media communication system; 1-8 player online support; leaderboards; and Xbox LIVE Achievement support.
Return of the race-chase game mechanic to the Need For Speed franchise.
A Revolutionary Addition to the NFS Franchise
In Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The blistering speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog. This network not only connects friends for epic head-to head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in friendly competition.
A throwback to earlier games in the series, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit allows players to experience the thrill of the chase from either the perspective of a racer or the police, with police cars constantly chasing racers. Set along 100 miles of road situated in fictional Seacrest County, the gameworld of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is fully open-world, meaning that players can go wherever they want and race or chase whomever they want to. Players have access to a career mode regardless of which side they are on, and police and racers both have access to differing power-ups to give them an extra edge in a pinch. Cars available in-game are realistic replicas the pantheon of high-performance vehicles available in real-life, with cops and racers having equal access to most cars featured, but some being exclusive to either side. Additional features include: Autolog, which allows players to communicate and compare stats via a social media type network, 1-8 player online game support and multiple play modes.
Key Game Features
- Career – For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.
- Need For Speed Autolog – In Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
- Weapons and Equipment – Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.
- Cars – Experience the thrill of driving the world's most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.
- Multiplayer Support - Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit contains 1-8 player online support as well as leaderboards.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, when I purchased this, my hope was that we could again enjoy playing "Need for Speed" together, as in one as the cop, one as the criminal, race via split screen. Nope. This doesn't support split screen or co-op play.
It doesn't seem to connect via a normal Xbox Live account either, but requires a specific/separate EA Games account (which, whenever you start the game you're prompted for and have to skip if you don't).
Beyond that, as just a one player racing game, it's still pretty fun. The courses and objectives are challenging and even in just the first sector which we've unlocked, there are about 10 different courses, each with a subsection of various missions.
It works extremely well with a force feedback steering wheel (surprising that all racing games don't?).
As a racing game by itself, it's really good, but I sincerely miss having the split-screen option since I still love playing video games along side my son and don't intend to buy another Xbox and Xbox live account to sit in another room just to play together (defeats the purpose, no?).
I've been playing Need for Speed games since NFS 2, and have enjoyed each experience. NFS Hot Pursuit stays true to the original format, with jumping around to different events to earn medals as either a racer or a cop. There are some far fetched gadgets to give you an edge, like spike strips and EMP, but the basic premise of the game is to win each race.
The races take place on open roads with or without traffic, and there are plenty of obstacles in the way along with short cuts. The objective is to figure out the shortest path to the finish line and balance your use of nitrous to overpower the AI. There is a lot of rubber banding going on, but the frustrating events are the ones where you retry the event multiple times to try and cut the corners the fastest and avoid hitting anything.
The graphics are pretty good, and the weather/environmental visuals are top notch. This is by no means a sim racer, but is more of an arcade game. The selection of cars aren't too bad, but this is not Forza or Gran Turismo. The controls aren't too bad, except for how the cars handle on the road. I tend to scrub the corners a lot and if you brake too much on the entrance, you'll lose the races. The key seems to be trail braking, rubbing, and braking as late as possible and using nitrous to your advantage.
Overall: 4/5 stars, the missions might get repetitive over time, but I still consider it a fun experience.