Newport Vessels Trolling Motor Smart Battery Box Power Center with USB and DC Ports
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We stand behind every product we make with industry leading customer service and a 2 year warranty.
- EXTERNAL BATTERY PORTS - Safely and easily connect your trolling motor or accessory to the battery ports without opening the box.
- DUAL INTEGRATED CIRCUIT BREAKERS - Integrated with 10 Amp and 60 Amp circuit breakers to protect your trolling motor and other accessories from electrical damage.
- DIRECT USB CHARGER AND ACCESSORY PORT - Provides one USB Charger and one 12V accessory port for convenient connection of various DC accessories.
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 17 x 12 x 10 Inch | Fits Group 24 & 27 batteries | LED meter measures battery charge level (battery not included) | Non-slip rubberized feet keep your battery box in place.
Buy this product as Renewed and save $3.25 from the regular price.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Newport Vessels Trolling Motor Smart Battery Box Power Center Black
The Newport Vessels Smart Battery Box Power Station is a perfect solution for protecting your battery while providing quick and clean access to hook up your trolling motor's power cables to the smart box's terminals. This box is also a fully functioning power and charging station. With the USB and a 12V DC Power Outlet, you can easily charge your most important devices while out on the water. The outer shell's power interface provides a visual LED battery meter displaying your battery's current charge. The box also features a test button and two waterproof circuit breakers for both the main 60 AMP trolling motor terminals and the 10 AMP boat accessory power ports. With built-in rubberized foot inserts, your battery and battery box will not slide around the floor of your boat. This Power Station is the ultimate accessory for Newport Vessels, Minn Kota, and MotorGuide trolling motors, jon boats, bass boats, other personal watercraft, RV batteries for accessory power and much more.
- Built-in LED Battery Meter
- Measure battery charge level with the push of a button.
- External Battery Ports
- Safely and easily connect your trolling motor or accessory to the battery ports without opening the box.
- Dual Integrated Circuit Breakers
- Integrated with 10 AMP and 60 AMP circuit breakers to protect your trolling motor and other accessories from electrical damage.
- Non-Slip Rubber Feet
- Non-slip feet inserts enable your batter box to stay in its place.
- Direct USB Charger and Accessory Port
- Includes one USB charger (5V - 0.5Amp) and one 12V accessory port for charging of accessories.
- Fits Most Common Batteries (Battery Not Included)
- Interior space fits the most common batteries Group 24 and 27. Interior dimensions are 13-3/8" Long x 7-3/8" Wide x 8-3/4" Tall.
- Weight - 3lbs
- Product Dimensions - 17" x 12" x 10"
- Max Battery Fit - 13.75" x 7.5" x 9.75"
- Max Battery Weight - 75lbs
- Battery Cables - 8 AWG
- Protection - Waterproof (Not submersible)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this come with a battery? - No. You will have to purchase one separately.
- Does this device charge my battery? - No. You will have to purchase a battery charger.
- How long will this power my devices? - This entirely depends on the Amperage Hour Rating (Ah) of the battery you place inside of it. The Smart Battery Box doesn't hold any charge.
- Can I charge my battery while it is connected to the Smart Battery Box? - Yes! No need to open up the box.
- Can I use a lithium battery with this box? - Yes! However, the battery reader will not be accurate due to the higher voltage discharge on Lithium batteries.
- Can I place 2 smaller 12V batteries inside and connect them in parallel? - Yes! This keeps the output at 12V and is compatible with the Smart Battery Box.
- Can I place 2 smaller 12V batteries inside the Smart Battery Box and connect them in series? - No! This creates 24V and can damage the Smart Battery Box.
- Can I have 2 Smart Battery Boxes connected in series to power my 24V device? - Yes!
Built-in LED Battery Meter
Measure battery charge level by pressing and holding the test button.
Built-in LED Battery Meter
Direct USB Charger
Fits Most Common Batteries
Our California based customer service team is dedicated to your satisfaction with your purchase. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website or phone!
The Newport Vessels Smart battery box power station is a perfect solution for protecting your battery while providing quick and clean access to hook up your motor's power cables to the Smart box's terminals. The Newport Vessels Smart battery box power station is also a fully functioning power and charging station. With a USB and a 12V DC power outlet, you can easily charge your most important devices while out on the water. The outer shell's power interface provides a visual LED battery meter displaying your motor's battery state. Also provided are a test button, and two waterproof breakers for both the 60 amp trolling motor terminals and the 10 amp boat accessory charging ports. The Smart battery box power station also has rubberized feet inserts built into the bottom, so that your battery box will stay put. The Newport Vessels Smart battery box power station is the ultimate accessory for all trolling motors, inflatable boats, and small boats.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As the others said - THIS IS A DANGEROUS PRODUCT - and can likely damage your trolling motor and/or cause a fire on the boat. I never had any use for all the gizmo connections, but would be afraid to plug my phone or anything else in for fear of damage after my experience with the main terminals.
After receiving the replacement, it was only one week later that the terminal post on the replacement pulled out also. The product looks beautiful. However, I cannot ignore reality. The fact is clear that the design is for a product that will not get moved around, or bumped in any way. I do not know exactly what I did to cause the damage. I must have pulled a wire accidentally.
The point is: The terminal posts are not securely attached. There should be a large backing plate inside the housing to prevent accidentally pulling the post out.
I debated about making this update. However, the customer should know that this product is too fragile to be of service to me. I am not gentle with my equipment, and terminal posts are attached to large cables that do get bumped or pulled when placed in a location for easy access. And we have to do just that to be able to use the features.
I do not recommend this product. It has brought me only frustration. I hope the design is updated to securely mount the posts. They should be secure enough to withstand any abusive pulling of the cables. Otherwise, it is just a matter of time before they are pulled out. Durability is a key factor for me, a fisherman. This product just does not measure up, and is of no use to me damaged. I do not expect another replacement, nor am I going to ask for one. My loss, and my education.
Get The Best & Forget The Rest That is my motto to live by.
UPDATED OCTOBER 29, 2016
Everyone can read my earlier report. Now, after Newport Vessels intervened, I am proud to update my status, and brag that I have exactly what I wanted. For whatever reason, the terminal post came lose on my battery box, and I was unable to find a way to submit my timely claim.
I posted my original review after I felt that I had exhausted the resources available to replace an obviously defective box. Thankfully, Newport Vessels monitored customer reviews. When they saw my review, they were very concerned, and they wanted my negative report changed to something much more positive. Their intervention to maintain their reputation is worth 5 Stars in my book any day of the week. They care and that is important to me.
The difficulty that I had trying to claim a return/exchange reportedly is not the norm. Someone from Newport Vessels sent me an email, and he invited me to call on the telephone. I called and I was quickly routed to a real person who said that he wanted to help, and I could tell that he had some reservations. He was very careful to not make any promises for an exchange until after he verified the facts. The bottom line is these trolling motor smart battery cases have a full year of manufacturer warranty. After verifying the date of my purchase, and sending some pictures he was convinced and all of his reservations melted away.
Now he was 100% committed to customer satisfaction. He made it easy for me to provide the necessary information. I just filled out a claim form and submitted my Amazon.com receipt. After that, he shipped a new case and I received it within a week. I offered to send my damaged case back in his excellent quality, heavy duty shipping container, if he would provide a return label and pay for shipping. He did not want it.
The bottom line is that this is the kind of case I want for my battery. It does an excellent job of protecting my battery and it provides features above and beyond anything expected in a battery box. I love the built in tester. I can quickly check the amount of charge in my batteries. I also love the fact that I can plug my iPhone into the USB charging port to charge my phone while on the lake. After those two features there is one more feature I had not even considered when I bought the box. It is the built in circuit breakers. That's right, my auxiliary posts are routed through a push button circuit breaker, and I used it a lot. All of these features are on top of the box, and they are conveniently located.
I DO NOT recommend this Trolling Motor Smart Battery Box Power Center. This product is innovated, modern, stylish and practical, it's backed by a manufacturer that cares about their reputation. They cared enough to reach out and contact me after I had given up on filing a claim for the loss. I don't see any reason why they would not do the same for you. I just hope that you don't need that service. But considering the cost, as customers we deserve that kind of commitment to the customers.
Just for review, look at these feature photos that sold me on making the purchase. I think the pictures are good enough to show off the built in quality. Their followup actions sell me on customer satisfaction guarantees.
Below is my initial report. It has not been change in any manner. Just know that I am satisfied now. (No longer as of March 2017)
I was excited to receive this and immediately set my marine battery into it. There are a couple real problems with this battery case. The issue is related to the accessory posts attached to the top of the box. They are not solid. I have no idea what happened to mine; however, I did not drop it or knowingly do anything to damage it.
I have found that my topside posts are not well connected. There is a short in the connection, the terminal post turns and has actually come away from the case. The cable it is attached to is inaccessible. I thought that I may be able to fix it. However, when I turn it over to try and access the wiring inside the lid, I cannot remove the protective plastic cover.
Consequently, I have problems using them. My boat motor is attached to them, and sometimes the connection is good enough to start the motor, and other times, I have to remove the top and move it to an angle to get current flow. Also, whenever I try to use the test meter, it only says that the charge is low. Even when it is fully charged it says low.
I want to replace it with something that has terminal posts that I can count on. I will probably end up trying to tear the protective plastic cover apart to get access.
I recommend that you try to find something with better quality. I guess it needs to be more durable, or at least provide access to make repairs? Good Luck
Oct. 29, 2016 final comment: I think you will love this piece of equipment. Good luck and I hope my information helped you to make an informed decision. "Get The Best & Forget The Rest!"
Build quality and output features on this box are top of the line. With a 70 Ah battery this box is very portable and actually easy to carry with the substantial top mounted carry handle.
Total build time for this project was less than an hour compared to the last solar generator I built which took four hours and looked less than nice.
This box is a deal at the $65.00 price.
I checked out the breakers and all connections.
I have a Optima deep cycle battery that I purchased a month after I bought this unit. It is fully operational.
Top international reviews
THANK YOU !
Can you please tell me if I can order the same box , but with no features ? I would like to attach a second box to this one !
solo que le falto una pieza pero nada de que preocuparse
todo bien estoy feliz