|Print List Price:||$40.00|
|Kindle Price:|| $14.99 |
Save $25.01 (63%)
|Sold by:|| Random House LLC |
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Follow the Author
The Outlandish Companion (Revised and Updated): Companion to Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn Kindle Edition
#1 New York Times bestselling author Diana Gabaldon has captivated millions of readers with her critically acclaimed Outlander novels, the inspiration for the Starz original series. From the moment Claire Randall stepped through a standing stone circle and was thrown back in time to the year 1743—and into a world that threatens life, limb, loyalty, heart, soul, and everything else Claire has—readers have been hungry to know everything about this world and its inhabitants, particularly a Scottish soldier named Jamie Fraser.
In this beautifully illustrated compendium of all things Outlandish, Gabaldon covers the first four novels of the main series, including:
• full synopses of Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn
• a complete listing of the characters (fictional and historical) in the first four novels in the series, as well as family trees and genealogical notes
• a comprehensive glossary and pronunciation guide to Gaelic terms and usage
• The Gabaldon Theory of Time Travel, explained
• frequently asked questions to the author and her (sometimes surprising) answers
• an annotated bibliography
• essays about medicine and magic in the eighteenth century, researching historical fiction, creating characters, and more
• professionally cast horoscopes for Jamie and Claire
• the making of the TV series: how we got there from here, and what happened next (including “My Brief Career as a TV Actor”)
• behind-the-scenes photos from the Outlander TV series set
For anyone who wants to spend more time with the Outlander characters and the world they inhabit, Diana Gabaldon here opens a door through the standing stones and offers a guided tour of what lies within.
"Features all the passion and swashbuckling that fans of this historical fantasy series have come to expect." People
"History comes deliciously alive on the page." New York Daily News --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Diana Gabaldon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the wildly popular Outlander novels, as well as the related Lord John Grey books,one work of nonfiction, and the Outlander graphic novel The Exile. She lives in Scottsdale, Arizona.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- ASIN : B00RKO6N6O
- Publisher : Delacorte Press; Revised, Updated edition (March 31, 2015)
- Publication date : March 31, 2015
- Language : English
- File size : 148107 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 604 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #73,350 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United States on October 10, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
This book will refresh memory and answer questions on everything mentioned in the earlier books. A fantastic read that also contains synopses of the first four books, including family trees, and much more. It is not something you need to purchase to fully enjoy the book series, but if you're a fan, you'll love all the extra info.