Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Get Peak Performance from Two-Stroke Engines
Do you spend more time trying to start your weed trimmer than you do enjoying your backyard? With this how-to guide, you can win the battle with the temperamental two-stroke engine.
Written by long-time mechanic and bestselling author Paul Dempsey, Two-Stroke Engine Repair & Maintenance shows you how to fix the engines that power garden equipment, construction tools, portable pumps, mopeds, generators, trolling motors, and more. Detailed drawings, schematics, and photographs along with step-by-step instructions make it easy to get the job done quickly. Save time and money when you learn how to:
- Troubleshoot the engine to determine the source of the problem
- Repair magnetos and solid-state systems--both analog and digital ignition modules
- Adjust and repair float-type, diaphragm, and variable venturi carburetors
- Fabricate a crankcase pressure tester
- Fix rewind starters of all types
- Overhaul engines--replace crankshaft seals, main bearings, pistons, and rings
- Work with centrifugal clutches, V-belts, chains, and torque converters
Select, set up, and maintain a reliable home generator
This complete and practical guide shows you, step by step, how to choose the best generator for your needs, safely and properly install it, and handle troubleshooting and maintenance. Home Generator Selection, Installation, and Repair covers a wide variety of models, including those from the most popular manufacturers--Briggs and Stratton, Coleman, and Honda. Nearly 150 photos and diagrams help you to identify the various electrical components. This hands-on resource also describes the tools you'll need and provides sources for additional information and discount parts.
Home Generator Selection, Installation, and Repair explains:
- How to decipher the technical terminology used in generator manuals
- Different types of fuels--gasoline, propane, natural gas, and diesel
- How to evaluate a generator's quality
- Essential features, including instrumentation, protection from electroshock, and large pneumatic tires for mobility
- How to safely connect generator output to home or office circuits
- Portable generator support requirements, including proper fuel storage and an inventory of parts, such as oil and air filters
- Emergency fixes
- Generator troubleshooting and repair procedures
- Engine overhaul
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO BUILDING 10 INEXPENSIVE PROJECTS THAT HELP YOU CONSERVE WATER … SO SIMPLE YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF!
People can live without SUVs, jet travel, and numerous other luxuries. But no life, human or otherwise, can survive without our most precious natural resource: water.
Do-it-Yourself Sustainable Water Projects offers a basis for understanding the importance of conserving water, explains how the lack of it affects different regions around the world, and provides practical information on how to collect, store, purify, and drill for this magical substance.
In this easy-to-follow guide, master mechanic Paul Dempsey provides costeffective ways we can reduce or eliminate our dependence on public water supplies. Everything you need to know to create 10 inexpensive water projects is here -- from collecting rainwater and air conditioner condensate to properly drilling and constructing pump systems. These projects are accompanied by step-by-step instructions, drawings, photos, and even sources for inexpensive parts -- so you can do it yourself.
Whether you're interested in becoming knowledgeable about insufficient global water supplies or you just want to conserve water -- from creating a composting toilet to building a rainwater harvesting system -- this book is an effective way to help save our most critical resource.
Do-it-Yourself Sustainable Water Projects includes information on:
- 10 inexpensive water projects
- How to adjust behavior to conserve water
- List of resources including web sites, published texts, and vendors
- Calculating your "water footprint"
- Pumps and related components
- Easy-to-follow ways to drill for water
- Getting water from air
- "Water vulnerability"