Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Paul McFedries
Paul McFedries runs Logophilia Limited, a technical writing company, and has been writing computer books for more than 25 years. He is the author or coauthor of more than 90 books that have sold more than 4 million copies worldwide. Paul is also the proprietor of Wordspy.com, a website that tracks new words and phrases as they enter the language.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Paul McFedries
Everything you need to know about Windows 11 in a single, visual book
Teach Yourself VISUALLY Windows 11 collects all the resources you need to master the day-to-day use of Microsoft’s new operating system and delivers them in a single resource. Fully illustrated, step-by-step instructions are combined with crystal-clear screenshots to walk you through the basic and advanced functions of Windows 11.
Teach Yourself VISUALLY Windows 11 offers the best visual learning techniques with comprehensive source material about the interface and substance of Windows 11, as well as:
- Stepwise guidance on working with files, digital pictures, and media
- Instructions for customizing Windows 11 and sharing your computer with family members
- Tutorials on installing and repairing applications, system maintenance, and computer security
The fastest, easiest way for visual learners to get a grip on Windows 11, Teach Yourself VISUALLY Windows 11 is the best way to go from newbie to expert in no time at all.
It’s tablet time! Get acquainted with the latest iPadOS and devices, the easy way
Up a creek without an iPaddle? Dummies has got you covered, with iPad & iPad Pro 2022-2023 For Dummies. This is your stay-afloat guide to the latest version of iPadOS and all the new features of Apple’s leading tablet. We offer a step-by-step guide to iPad maintenance, operation, and personalization, so you can figure out your new device quickly and spend your time doing the fun stuff. Photos, videos, apps, productivity, communication, maps, and beyond—plus a host of new features that we’ll introduce you to, right in this book.
- Get acquainted with the basics of using and customizing your iPad or iPad Pro
- Discover the new and exciting changes that come with the latest iPadOS release
- Get the most out of your iPad by mastering the top apps and productivity tricks
- Learn how to ease the transition from computers to tablets, at home or at work
For personal projects or in business settings, the iPad is the tablet of choice, and Dummies is here to show you why. Grab this full-color guide and get iPaddling!
Get fast answers to your G Suite questions with this friendly resource
G Suite For Dummies is the fun guide to the productivity suite that’s quickly winning over professional and personal users. This book shares the steps on how to collaborate in the cloud, create documents and spreadsheets, build presentations, and connect with chat or video. Written in the easy-to-follow For Dummies style, G Suite For Dummies covers the essential components of Google’s popular software, including:
- Google Docs for word processing
- Gmail for email
- Google Calendar for scheduling and day planning
- Google Sheets for spreadsheet functionality
- Google Drive for data storage
- Google Hangouts and Google Meet for videoconferencing and calling capability
The book helps navigate the G Suite payment plans and subscription options as well as settings that ensure your own privacy and security while operating in the cloud. Perfect for anyone hoping to get things done with this tool, G Suite For Dummies belongs on the bookshelf of every G Suite user who needs help from time to time.
Use Excel core features to build spreadsheets that solve business problems and deliver reliable answers. Drawing on his unsurpassed experience, Paul McFedries helps you make the most of formulas and functions, including the latest improvements to arrays, formula error handling, and statistics. McFedries' step-by-step projects walk you through handling key tasks, from building timesheets to projecting cash flow and aging receivables. His practical examples and clear instructions demystify intermediate- to advanced-level formula construction, and help you leverage Excel's most useful functions in your everyday work. Becoming an Excel expert has never been easier!
By reading this book, you will:
- Improve business analyses by adding intelligence and knowledge to your models
- Replace cumbersome formulas with convenient predefined functions
- Radically simplify complex calculations with Office 365's new dynamic arrays
- Use conditional formatting to reveal anomalies, problems, or opportunities
- Calculate loan payments, interest costs, terms, and amortization schedules
- Project the future value of investments, and plan to achieve investment goals
- Master essential discounting and cash-flow analysis tools, including net present value and internal rate of return
- Sort, filter, and analyze tabular data, from customers to inventory
- Easily analyze huge data sets with PivotTable calculations
About This Book
- For everyone who wants to get more done with Microsoft Excel in less time
- For business and financial professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and others who need to efficiently manage and analyze data
A fast-paced, useful, and easy introduction to Microsoft 365
For those who need the show as well as the tell, Teach Yourself VISUALLY Microsoft 365 is the visual walkthrough to Microsoft’s latest suite of office products that will get you up-to-speed faster than any other resource on the market. This book offers image- and screenshot-rich tutorials alongside step-by-step instructions so you can see what you need to do to make the most of Microsoft 365.
From getting a grip on the most basic Microsoft 365 functions to the advanced, new features known only by power users, the book provides you with the tools you need to make your work more streamlined and efficient. You’ll also get:
- Up to date—and visually supported—guidance on the major Office apps that are part of Microsoft 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Full-color, two-page tutorials that get you up and running fast
- Easy-to-read instructions and stepwise advice to accompany the informative and crystal-clear images
Ideal for people using Microsoft 365 for the very first time, Teach Yourself VISUALLY Microsoft 365 is also a can’t-miss resource for long-time users of the software suite who need an introduction to the latest version and Office veterans seeking a refresher on what Microsoft 365 is capable of.
With Microsoft Excel, you can, well, excel at data analysis. And Excel Data Analysis For Dummies can help, with clear and easy explanations of the mountain of features for creating, visualizing, and analyzing data. PivotTables, charts, what-if analysis, statistical functions—it's all in here, with examples and ideas for Excel users of all skill levels.
This latest edition covers the most recent updates to Excel and Microsoft 365. You'll beef up your data skills and learn powerful techniques for turning numbers into knowledge. For students, researchers, and business professionals, Excel is the spreadsheet and data application of choice—and Dummies is the best choice for learning how to make those numbers sing.
- Learn how to use Excel's built-in data analysis features and write your own functions to explore patterns in your data
- Create striking charts and visualizations, and discover multiple ways to tell the stories hidden in the numbers
- Clean up large datasets and identify statistical operations that will answer your questions
- Perform financial calculations, database operations, and more—without leaving Excel
Excel Data Analysis For Dummies is the go-to resource for Excel users who are looking for better ways to crunch the numbers.
Make your every wish Alexa’s command with this in-depth guide to the wildly popular Amazon smart speaker
You might be thinking, “All I have to do is plug in my Echo device and start using it!” And you’d be right. But if you really want to explore what that compact little device can do, then Alexa For Dummies is your go-to resource. This book shows you how to customize your device to respond to your requests and enhance your life.
Alexa For Dummies takes you on a tour of all things Alexa: its capabilities, tools, settings, and skills. Go beyond the basics of playing music, calling friends, reading the news, and checking the weather. You’ll learn how to make Alexa private and secure, connect it to your smart home devices, and even make it sound like Samuel L. Jackson, if you feel like it. You can also extend its capabilities by adding new skills.
- Customize your device to respond to your voice
- Troubleshoot when a light is signaling something’s wrong
- Add skills to play music and audiobooks
- Create routines to turn on lights, adjust the thermostat, set your security alarm, and lock your doors
- Sync your smart devices throughout your home
- Use Alexa to connect to a Zoom meeting or phone call with your friends or family
No matter which device you have—Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Studio, Echo Flex, Echo Loop, Echo Buds, or Echo Frames—Alexa For Dummies is the perfect companion. Ready to get started? Say “Hey, Alexa, order Alexa For Dummies!”
Speak the languages that power the web
With more high-paying web development jobs opening every day, people with coding and web/app building skills are having no problems finding employment. If you're a would-be developer looking to gain the know-how to build the interfaces, databases, and other features that run modern websites, web apps, and mobile apps, look no further. Web Coding & Development All-in-One For Dummies is your go-to interpreter for speaking the languages that handle those tasks.
Get started with a refresher on the rules of coding before diving into the languages that build interfaces, add interactivity to the web, or store and deliver data to sites. When you're ready, jump into guidance on how to put it all together to build a site or create an app.
- Get the lowdown on coding basics
- Review HTML and CSS
- Create code for web and mobile apps
There's a whole world of opportunity out there for developers—and this fast-track boot camp is here to help you acquire the skills you need to take your career to new heights!
Advance your expert-level proficiency with Excel.
And earn the credential that proves it!
Demonstrate your expert-level competency with Microsoft Excel! Designed to help you practice and prepare for Microsoft Office Specialist: Microsoft Excel Expert (Excel and Excel 2019) certification, this official Study Guide delivers:
- In-depth preparation for each MOS objective
- Detailed procedures to help build the skills measured by the exam
- Hands-on tasks to practice what you’ve learned
- Ready-made practice files
Sharpen the skills measured by these objectives:
Manage Workbook Options and Settings
Manage and Format Data
Create Advanced Formulas and Macros
Manage Advanced Charts and Tables
About the MOS: Expert Certification
A Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Expert certification validates your hands-on experience and competency with an Office product at an expert level. It demonstrates that you can apply the product’s principal features at an advanced level, can complete expert tasks independently, and are ready to enter the job market.
See full details at: microsoft.com/learn
Available at: MicrosoftPressStore.com/ MOSExcelExpert201/downloads
Expert Paul McFedries helps you master key Excel 2019 and Office 365 tools for building more powerful spreadsheets.
Use Excel 2019 and Office 365 core features to build spreadsheets that solve business problems and deliver reliable answers. Drawing on his unsurpassed experience, Paul McFedries helps you make the most of formulas and functions, including the latest improvements to arrays, formula error handling, and statistics. McFedries’ step-by-step projects walk you through handling key tasks, from building timesheets to projecting cash flow and aging receivables. His practical examples and clear instructions demystify intermediate- to advanced-level formula construction, and help you leverage Excel’s most useful functions in your everyday work. Becoming an Excel expert has never been easier!
By reading this book, you will:
• Improve business analyses by adding intelligence and knowledge to your models
• Replace cumbersome formulas with convenient predefined functions
• Radically simplify complex calculations with Office 365’s new dynamic arrays
• Use conditional formatting to reveal anomalies, problems, or opportunities
• Calculate loan payments, interest costs, terms, and amortization schedules
• Project the future value of investments, and plan to achieve investment goals
• Master essential discounting and cash-flow analysis tools, including net present value and internal rate of return
• Sort, filter, and analyze tabular data, from customers to inventory
• Easily analyze huge data sets with PivotTable calculations
About This Book
• For everyone who wants to get more done with Microsoft Excel in less time• For business and financial professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and others who need to efficiently manage and analyze data
Enjoy more entertainment with this friendly user guide to making the most of Amazon Fire TV!
Find and watch more of the shows you enjoy with Amazon Fire TV For Dummies. This book guides you through Fire TV connections and setup and then shows you how to get the most out of your device. This guide is the convenient way to access quick viewing tips, so there’s no need to search online for information or feel frustrated. With this book by your side, you’ll quickly feel right at home with your streaming device.
Content today can be complicated. You want to watch shows on a variety of sources, such as Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and the top premium channels. Amazon’s media device organizes the streaming of today’s popular content services. It lets you use a single interface to connect to the entertainment you can’t wait to watch. This book helps you navigate your Fire TV to find the content you really want. It will show you how to see your favorite movies, watch binge-worthy TV shows, and even play games on Fire TV.
- Get the information you need to set up and start using Fire TV.
- Understand the basics of how to use the device
- Explore an array of useful features and streaming opportunities
- Learn techniques to become a streaming pro
If you're always hearing about the cool things Excel can do, here's your chance to see how to do them!Teach Yourself Visually Excel offers you a straightforward visual approach to working with the newest version of the world's leading spreadsheet program. Packed with visually rich tutorials and step-by-step instructions that will help you take your Excel skills to new heights, this friendly and approachable guide will have you creating, editing, and manipulating Excel spreadsheets in no time!
Excel can seem daunting, but with Teach Yourself Visually Excel, you'll quickly and painlessly learn how to perform dozens of tasks, including creating spreadsheets and charts, filtering and sorting data, working with PivotTables, and so much more. Covering the latest additions and changes to the newest version of Excel, a series of easy-to-follow, full-color tutorials helps you to excel at working with Excel!
- Tutorials and step-by-step screenshots make lessons easy to follow and understand
- Helps you grasp the basic functions of Excel—and beyond
- Walks you through Excel s new features
- Clearly demonstrates how to organize, present, analyze, and chart data with Excel
Whether you've never used Excel or just need to brush up on its new features, Teach Yourself Visually Excel will be the dog-eared resource you'll turn to again and again.