Pinewood Pro PRO Graphite - Dry Graphite Lube for use on Pinewood Derby Car Axles
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Custom blend of dry powdered graphite with molybdenum disulfide added for maximum speed
- Minimizes pine car derby axle and wheel friction
- High performance specially made for pine derby cars and CO2 powered Dragsters
- Puffer tube with pointed tip for easy application to axles and wheels
- Use to lubricate any surface to reduce friction and eliminate squeaks
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Pinewood Pro’s dry powdered PRO Graphite is a special blend of ultra-fine graphite with sub-micron molybdenum disulfide (also known as “moly”) additive to give you the best graphite blend that minimizes friction on derby car axles and CO2 powered Dragster axles making your car speed to the finish line.
According to Pinewood Pro’s track tests (http://www.pinewoodpro.com/pinewood-derby-speed-tests.php), lubricating your axles with graphite is the single most important way to increase your car speed.
- PRO Graphite has been a proven race winner for over 15 years!
PRO Graphite can also be used in a multitude of applications from loosening locks and squeaky hinges to reducing friction on any mechanical device.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- a little goes a long way - apply very small amounts at a time then work it into the contact points then apply a little more
- powder is very light and comes out in "puffs" - no need to tip the entire tube upside down to apply - you'll get it all over the place - gotta tap gingerly
- so far 1 tube was enough for 3 cars and seems like it has plenty for another 3 at least
Yes, I kinda over-applied at first. You do have to be careful when putting it in the wheel hubs. It does come out as a fine powder so it’s best to spin the wheel on the axle(nail) as you tap some on it to make sure that coats it. As a rookie pinewood derby dad we’ll see what kinda luck I have during the race.
It -- along with a maximum wedge design and exactly 5 ounces of weight -- resulted in a car that took on all comers in the Derby, and beat them.
So, my son is happy, and if he's happy, so are his parents -- and we give a tip of the hat to this lubricant for giving him the winning edge.
I'm sure you may think like all other parents that I helped him witch I did but just in the power tool department. The design shape was all him all I suggested was the weights on top to make it 5oz.