The most entertaining and informative pocket guides for short-trip travellers
Discover the best of Dubai with this compact, practical, entertaining Pocket Rough Guide.
This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short-trip travellers and covers all the key sights (Bur Dubai, Downtown Dubai, Jumeirah, the Burj al Arab, and Dubai Marina), restaurants, shops, cafés and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest and independent recommendations from expert authors.
Features of Pocket Rough Guide Dubai:
- Practical travel tips: what to see and where to sleep, eat, drink and shop - Pocket Rough Guide Dubaifeatures specially selected recommendations to suit all tastes and budgets.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our expert writers will help you make the most of your trip to Dubai.
- Incisive area-by-area overviews: covering Dubai Marina, the Palm Jumeirah and more, the practical Places section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink, sleep and shop.
- Time-saving itineraries: the routes suggested by Rough Guides' expert writers cover top attractions like Dubai Aquarium and Sheikh Zayed Road, and hidden gems like Deira souks and Al Ain Oasis.
- Day-trips - venture further afield to the deserts. This tells you why to go, how to get there, and what to see when you arrive.
- Compact format: packed with pertinent practical information, this guide is the perfect companion when you're out and about exploring the Burj al Arab/the Palm Jumeirah/Downtown Dubai.
- Handy pull-out map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the pull-out map makes on-the-ground navigation easy.
- Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout.
- Essentials: includes invaluable background information on how to get to Dubai, getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory and handy language section and glossary.
- Covers: Bur Dubai, Deira, the inner suburbs, Sheikh Zayed Road and Downtown Dubai, Jumeirah, the Burj al Arab and around, the Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.