|Sold by:|| HarperCollins Publishing |
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
The Preacher's Commentary, Complete 35-Volume Set: Genesis – Revelation Kindle Edition
Written BY Preachers and Teachers FOR Preachers and Teachers
The Preacher's Commentary, Complete 35-Volume Set: Genesis–Revelation offers pastors, teachers, and Bible study leaders clear and compelling insights into the entire Bible that will equip them to understand, apply, and teach the truth in God's Word.
Each volume is written by one of today's top scholars, and includes:
- Innovative ideas for preaching and teaching God's Word
- Vibrant paragraph-by-paragraph exposition
- Impelling real-life illustrations
- Insightful and relevant contemporary application
- An introduction, which reveals the author's approach
- A full outline of the biblical book being covered
- Scripture passages (using the New King James Version) and explanations
Covering the entire Bible and combining fresh insights with readable exposition and relatable examples, The Preacher's Commentary will help you minister to others and see their lives transformed through the power of God's Word. Whether preacher, teacher, or Bible study leader--if you're a communicator, The Preacher's Commentary will help you share God's Word more effectively with others.
Volumes and authors include:
- Genesis by D. Stuart Briscoe
- Exodus by Maxie D. Dunnam
- Leviticus by Gary W. Demarest
- Numbers by James Philip
- Deuteronomy by John C. Maxwell
- Joshua by John A. Huffman, Jr.
- Judges & Ruth by David Jackman
- 1 & 2 Samuel by Kenneth L. Chafin
- 1 & 2 Kings by Russell H. Dilday
- 1 & 2 Chronicles by Leslie C. Allen
- Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther by Mark D. Roberts
- Job by David L. McKenna
- Psalms 1-72 by Donald M. Williams
- Psalms 73-150 by Donald M. Williams
- Proverbs by David A. Hubbard
- Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon by David A. Hubbard
- Isaiah 1-39 by David L. McKenna
- Isaiah 40-66 by David L. McKenna
- Jeremiah & Lamentations by John Guest
- Ezekiel by Douglas Stuart
- Daniel by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, and Jonah by Lloyd J. Ogilvie
- Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi by Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
- Matthew by Myron S. Augsburger
- Mark by David L. McKenna
- Luke by Bruce Larson
- John by Roger L. Fredrikson
- Acts by Lloyd J. Ogilvie
- Romans by D. Stuart Briscoe
- 1 & 2 Corinthians by Kenneth L. Chafin
- Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon by Maxie D. Dunnam
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus by Gary W. Demarest
- Hebrews by Louis H. Evans, Jr.
- James, 1 & 2 Peter, and Jude by Paul A. Cedar
- 1, 2 & 3 John, and Revelation by Earl F. Palmer
From the Publisher
The Preachers Commentary Series combines rich resources of historical setting and textual interpretation with spiritual insights and contemporary illustrations specifically designed for communicators. The result is a resource by preachers/teachers for preachers/teachers. It is complete with outlines, section by section expositions, illustrations, and applications. This authoritative commentary provides the ultimate resource for sermon and lesson preparations.
General editor Lloyd J. Ogilvie brings together a team of skilled and exceptional communicators blending sound scholarship with life related instructions. Their insights can guide you through every chapter and book of the Bible. And their organization and presentation of the material can help you share God's Word more effectively with others.
Below are some other volumes you may enjoy. Each volume is available in both print and eBook format.
|Vol. 31: Galatians / Ephesians / Philippians / Colossians / Philemon||Vol. 32: 1 & 2 Thessalonians / 1 & 2 Timothy / Titus||Vol. 33: Hebrews||Vol. 34: James / 1 & 2 Peter / Jude||Vol. 35: 1, 2 & 3 John / Revelation||Vols. 1-35: Genesis – Revelation EBOOK|
|Author||Maxie Dunnam||Gary Demarest||Louis Evans||Paul Cedar||Earl Palmer||Stuart Briscoe|
From the editor's preface:
"This commentary series courageously presents personal faith, caring for individuals, and social responsibility as essential, inseparable dimensions of biblical Christianity. It seeks to present the quadrilateral gospel in its fullness which calls us to unreserved commitment to Christ, unrestricted self-esteem in His grace, unqualified love for others in personal evangelism, and undying efforts to work for justice and righteousness in a sick and suffering world." —Lloyd J. Ogilvie
About the Author
Leslie C. Allen is Professor of Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary. Formerly he was Lecturer in Hebrew, Aramaic and Judaism at London Bible College. He holds the MA degree from Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, in Classics and Oriental Studies. His PhD is from the University College of London, In Hebrew. Among his publications are The Greek Chronicles Parts 1 and 2 (supplements to Vetus Testamentum) and The Books of Joel, Obadiah, Jonah, and Micah for The New International Commentary on the Old Testament, as well as the section on Psalms 101-150 in the Word Biblical Commentary and Psalms in the Word Biblical Themes series.
Stuart Briscoe was born in England and left a career in banking to enter ministry full time. He served as senior pastor of Elmbrook Church in Brookfield, Wisconsin, for thirty years. Stuart has written more than 50 books, preached in more than 100 countries and now travels the majority of the year as a minister-at-large for Elmbrook. Stuart and his wife, Jill, share their powerful Bible teaching through Telling the Truth, their international broadcast ministry (www.tellingthetruth.org).
Sinclair B. Ferguson (PhD, University of Aberdeen) is a professor of systematic theology at Westminster Theological Seminary.
Walter C. Kaiser Jr. (PhD, Brandeis University) is distinguished professor emeritus of Old Testament and president emeritus of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts. Dr. Kaiser has written over 40 books, including Toward an Exegetical Theology: Biblical Exegesis for Preaching and Teaching; The Messiah in the Old Testament; and The Promise-Plan of God; and coauthored An Introduction to Biblical Hermeneutics: The Search for Meaning. Dr. Kaiser and his wife, Marge, currently reside at Kerith Farm in Cedar Grove, Wisconsin. Dr. Kaiser’s website is www.walterckaiserjr.com.
John C. Maxwell is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold more than 31 million books in fifty languages. He has been identified as the #1 leader in business by the American Management Association® and the most influential leadership expert in the world by Business Insider and Inc. magazine. He is the founder of The John Maxwell Company, The John Maxwell Team, EQUIP, and the John Maxwell Leadership Foundation, organizations that have trained millions of leaders from every country of the world. A recipient of the Horatio Alger Award, as well as the Mother Teresa Prize for Global Peace and Leadership from the Luminary Leadership Network, Dr. Maxwell speaks each year to Fortune 500 companies, presidents of nations, and many of the world’s top business leaders. He can be followed at Twitter.com/JohnCMaxwell. For more information about him visit JohnMaxwell.com.
--This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B0050OX32S
- Publisher : Thomas Nelson (January 31, 2010)
- Publication date : January 31, 2010
- Language : English
- File size : 24664 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 16672 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #743,868 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: