|Print List Price:||$12.99|
|Kindle Price:|| $7.49 |
Save $5.50 (42%)
|Sold by:|| HarperCollins Publishing |
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Follow the Author
The Reason for God Discussion Guide: Conversations on Faith and Life Kindle Edition
This discussion guide will help you learn how to dialogue with those who share common doubts and objections to Christianity.
In the video sessions (DVD/digital video sold separately), Timothy Keller and six panelists hold candid and unscripted discussions about the broad scope of people's discomforts with God, the Bible, and Christianity in general:
- Discussion 1: Is the Bible a myth? Has science disproved Christianity?
- Discussion 2: Is there only one way to God? Are other religions as valid?
- Discussion 3: Clashes with Christian morality and ethics – why are there so many rules?
- Discussion 4: Why would God allow suffering and evil.
- Discussion 5: Injustice and hypocrisy in the church.
- Discussion 6: Objections to God's wrath and judgement.
The Reason for God small group discussion guide can be used individually or in a group setting by anyone engaging with friends who don't share his or her beliefs. For each discussion, the study guide includes:
- An opening thought on the topic.
- A summary of the objection to the topic.
- Related Bible verses.
- Space for notetaking.
- Questions for group discussion.
In his New York Times bestselling book, The Reason for God, Timothy Keller established himself as a modern-day C. S. Lewis who brings together faith and intellect, theology and popular culture, modern-day objections and historic Christian beliefs. Using literature, philosophy, and Scripture, Keller explores the truth and challenge of Christianity in this six-session small group conversation starter.
You and your group will be challenged to wrestle with your friends' and neighbors' hardest questions and engage those questions in ways that will spark honest, enriching, and humbling dialogue.
Designed for use with Reason for God Video Study (sold separately).
From the Back Cover
[Session Titles] *Discussion 1. Isn't the Bible a Myth? Hasn't Science Disproved Christianity? *Discussion 2. How Can You Say There Is Only One Way to God? What About Other Religions? *Discussion 3. What Gives You the Right to Tell Me How to Live My Life? Why Are There So Many Rules? *Discussion 4. Why Does God Allow Suffering? Why Is There So Much Evil in the World? *Discussion 5. Why Is the Church Responsible for So Much Injustice? Why Are Christians Such Hypocrites? *Discussion 6. How Can God Be Full of Love and Wrath at the Same Time? How Can God Send Good People to Hell?--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
- ASIN : B00B0XIGAM
- Publisher : HarperChristian Resources; Reprint edition (February 5, 2013)
- Publication date : February 5, 2013
- Language : English
- File size : 1812 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 114 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #293,567 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Additionally, some of my group members did complain about the more articulate language used, but that isn't really too big of an issue. If you've read the book The Reason for God, this will be no problem. God bless.