Ring Alarm Motion Detector
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details|
- Requires the Ring alarm base station
- Get instant mobile alerts when motion is detected at home
- Compatible with any iOS or Android device
- Easy installation with no tools required
- Mounts to room corners or flat walls.Battery Life:3 Years
- 3V lithium battery included
- Advanced motion sensitivity: Won’t detect pets weighing under approximately 50 lbs when mounted above seven feet
Technical Details - Motion Detector
3V Lithium Battery Included
Approximately 3 Years
Advanced Motion Sensitivity
Designed to ignore pets weighing under 50 lbs. when mounted at seven ft. at the lowest motion sensitivity setting
32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C)
3.54 in. X 2.44 in. X 1.77 in.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Ring support confirms there is currently no way around this 3-minute period and told me I should either place the motion sensor far away from my door or just use contact sensors to monitor my whole house, which is not as cost effective or fool-proof as someone could, in theory, break a larger window and enter the house without setting off a contact sensor.
Ring support also told me I could just use the app to arm the system after I've left and the sensor cleared, which means I'd have to be checking my phone while driving to see when the sensor clears. This seems like a pretty big oversight to me. I guess I shouldn't have just purchased 6 motion sensors to complete coverage of my home and compliment the contact sensors I have in place already!
Ring alarm otherwise is a really great system, but they need to fix this issue. Especially because there is an option in the Ring app to use a motion sensor to specifically monitor a main door to your home in place of a contact sensor!
Overall, the Ring Alarm works great, design is sleek and installation was a breeze. I actually installed 2 systems, one at my house and one at my office. I love that I can manage both locations on the app as well as add authorized users to each location separately.
* Easy installation and quick setup
* $10/month or $100/year for 24/7 professional monitoring
* Base station is packed with bluetooth, wifi, RJ45 port, z-wave plus, AT&T cell backup, back up battery
* Keypad has a backup battery that is suppose to last up to 6 months on a single charge
* App offers a lot of customization, chirp options, volume control, push notification, easy to use
* Base station emits different color lights - (Disarmed Red Ring), (Home/Away - Blue Ring)
* Starter kit includes a Z-Wave range extender
* Add multiple users
* Additional add-on sensors are affordable
* Keypad will announce Away, Disarmed, Home modes
* Keypad doesn’t chirp when doors or sensors are triggered, only the base station
* Door/window sensors are a little too big in my opinion
* If you wall mount the base station and want to use a cat5 connection, there’s not a cutout to drop the wire down, only for the power cable
* You always have to enter your 4-digit passcode before activating any modes
* With Home mode active, the door sensors has a minimum 30-second delay when triggered
* Can’t add guest passcode, guest user must create a Ring account
* No home automation or 3rd party integration as of yet
Top international reviews
There's cheaper options in the market.