- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Rise of the Phoenix: A Reverse Harem Shifter Romance (Guardians of the Fae Realms) Paperback – May 4, 2020
Enhance your purchase
Monsters, Magic, and Mates I never knew existed.
Kia versus power pole isn't the end I expect—it's the beginning of... gawd, where do I begin?
Four wildly sexy males. Powers I don't understand. And the eyes of the fae world on me as the person to unite the severed realms. No pressure.
*This is book one in a steamy paranormal shifter romance series where the female heroine doesn't have to choose. Expect polyamorous situations, rollicking action, ongoing storylines, and shifter lovers who find what they need from not only their queen but each other as well. Med-burn, med angst.*
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : JL Madore (May 4, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 255 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1989187374
- ISBN-13 : 978-1989187371
- Item Weight : 11.5 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.64 x 8.5 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,564,730 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2. The fact that Hawk uses Callies past molestation as a 14 year old child against her is sick, especially since he is one of the romantic interests. The fact that Callie almost immediately forgives him and then starts to pursue pursue him is absolutely demented. He used her childhood trauma against her and tore her down so viciously, just to make her cry. I get that they needed Pheonix tears, but as an author be more creative than having one of your main characters be completely abusive.
3. The writing style of this book isn't bad, but in my opinion the inclusion of an abusive romantic interest like Hawk makes this book unpalatable. I did finish the book to its conclusion, but after reading that paragraph where Hawk tells Callie that she sought out and initiated the molestation i will not be reading the sequel.
So glad I decided to read this despite that review. I think it was handled perfectly, it was not glossed over as reviewer stated.
Calli is so believable as a character. Can't say I loved her immediately but certainly growing on me. Looking forward to getting to know her and her guys better.
Really liked this first book and glad I don't have to wait for the next one.
However, to the author’s credit, the writing was good and the plot understandable. The characters killed this story for me, not the writing.
I am loving this series and I am currently on book 3. The beginning was a little off for me in book one but I got it after you read more. Good story and some great sex scenes. If you are a prude keep on looking. Even the MM got me going. My husband thanks you. 🥰🤣
I've already bought the next book and I'm looking forward to it. I hope that the writer edits it a bit better. There weren't a lot of typographical errors, but the ones that were there were glaring. Mostly missing words. That didn't just interrupt the flow but halted it. Having said that, I'm really enjoying it.
In terms of narration, I thought both Lia and Gabriel did a good job. Nothing outright frustrated me (which is always a plus haha) and they made me believe the characters. The outward arrogance of Hawk, the accents were awesome, and the snobbish attitude of the elite, all on point. I loved how you could tell the A/B/O relationships and hierarchy. The performances allowed for that dynamic to show through (especially the omega good vibes/calming nature).
Definitely would recommend this story, can't wait to listen to book 2!!
🎧 Audiobook Obsession Reviewer - Flock Team 🎧
Top reviews from other countries
That said, there were times where sentences felt unfinished, or as if words were missing.
For the first book of a series it didn't really have much of a cliffhanger, and didn't leave me wanting the next book instantly.
POV moves between all 5 characters and is clearly introduced at the start. While POV moving can sometimes be a bit confusing, it’s nice to hear the thoughts of everyone. Eg, Hawk treats Callie terribly but then you immediately get his POV and see motives.
The sex is hot, hot, hot. The 4 guys each have their own very distinct personalities. I’m interested to see how they develop into a quint.