Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Robert Liguori
Customers Also Bought Items By
Any time you need quick answers for developing or debugging Java programs, this pocket guide is the ideal reference to standard features of the Java programming language and its platform. You’ll find helpful programming examples, tables, figures, and lists fast—including Java 9 features such as modular source code and the new JShell interactive command-line REPL. It’s a handy companion, whether you’re in the office, in the lab, or on the road.
This book also provides material to help you prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer exam.
- Quickly find Java language details, such as naming conventions, types, statements and blocks, and object-oriented programming
- Get details on the Java SE platform, including development basics, memory management, concurrency, and generics
- Use new features in Java 9, including modular source code and JShell
- Browse through information on basic input/output, NIO 2.0, the Java collections framework, and the Java Scripting API
- Get supplemental references to fluent APIs, third-party tools, and basics of the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
The official study guide for the entry-level Oracle Certified Associate exam for Java Programmers—fully updated for Java SE 8
Confidently prepare for the OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I exam with this thoroughly revised, up-to-date guide from Oracle Press. Featuring step-by-step exercises, comprehensive chapter self-tests, and two complete downloadable practice exams, this volume provides an integrated, easy-to-follow study system based on a proven methodology.
OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide (Exam 1Z0-808) offers the most complete and in-depth coverage of all of the exam objectives, and also serves as an essential on-the-job reference for Java developers. You’ll have access to a total of more than 250 challenging practice questions that precisely mirror the content of the live exam—no other guide on the market provides the same level of accuracy and detail.
- Questions accurately simulate the type and style of questions found on the actual test
- Includes special “Exam Watch,” “Inside the Exam,” and “On the Job” sections
- Downloadable MAC and PC compatible test engine includes two complete practice exams
When you need quick answers for developing or debugging Java programs, this pocket guide provides a handy reference to the standard features of the Java programming language and its platform. You’ll find helpful programming examples, tables, figures, and lists, as well as supplemental information about topics including the Java Scripting API, third-party tools, and the basics of the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
Updated for new features through Java SE 7, this little book is an ideal companion, whether you’re in the office, in the lab, or on the road.
- Quickly find Java language details, such as naming conventions, fundamental types, and object-oriented programming elements
- Get details on the Java SE 7 platform, including development basics, memory management, concurrency, and generics
- Browse through basic information on NIO 2.0, the G1 Garbage Collector, and Project Coin (JSR-334) features
- Get supplemental references to development, CM, and test tools; libraries; IDEs; and Java-related scripting languages
- Find information to help you prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 Programmer I exam
The Best Fully Integrated Study System Available
With hundreds of practice questions and hands-on exercises, NetBeans IDE Programmer Certified Expert Exam Guide covers what you need to know--and shows you how to prepare--for this challenging exam.
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for exam 310-045
- Exam Readiness checklist at the front of the book--you're ready for the exam when all objectives on the list are checked off
- Inside the Exam sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
- Two-Minute Drills for quick review at the end of every chapter
- Simulated exam questions match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam
Covers all the exam topics, including:
General Configurations / Builds and Controls / Java SE Desktop Applications / Java EE Web Applications / Database Connectivity / Source Editor / Refactoring Support / HTTP Server-Side Monitor / Local and Remote Debugging / Testing and Profiling
- Complete MasterExam practice testing engine, featuring:
--One full practice exam
--Detailed answers with explanations
--Score Report performance assessment tool
- Electronic book for studying on the go
- Plus NetBeans sample projects, resources, and more
with free online registration:
--Bonus downloadable MasterExam practice test
Man kann es eigentlich kaum glauben: Diese mächtige Programmiersprache soll in ein kleines Taschenbuch passen? Nun, eine ausführliche Einführung in die Sprache ist Java – kurz & gut natürlich nicht, auch keine vollständige Referenz von A-Z. Dafür findet der erfahrene Programmierer hier aber alles Wichtige, was er bei der täglichen Arbeit braucht. Wie war das mit den Neuerungen in Java 8? Und wie hieß diese Kommandozeilenoption noch einmal genau? Auch ein Profi braucht manchmal eine Gedächtnisstütze. Da kommt diese klug organisierte Spickzettelsammlung gerade recht!
A Proven Study System for Oracle Certified Associate Exam 1Z0-803
Prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 Programmer I exam with help from this exclusive Oracle Press guide. In each chapter, you'll find challenging exercises, practice questions, a two-minute drill, and a chapter summary to highlight what you've learned. Thisauthoritative guide will help you pass the test and will also serve as your essential on-the-job reference. Get complete coverage of all OCA objectives for exam 1Z0-803, including:
- Packaging, compiling, and interpreting Java code
- Programming with Java statements
- Programming with Java operators and strings
- Working with basic classes and variables
- Understanding variable scope and class construction
- Programming with arrays
- Understanding class inheritance
- Understanding polymorphism and casts
- Handling exceptions
- Working with classes and their relationships
Electronic content includes:
- One full practice exam
- Detailed answers and explanations
- Score report performance assessment tool
- Free with online registration:
- Bonus exam