Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Robert W. Bly
Robert W. Bly (Montville, NJ) is a professional writer, speaker, and marketing consultant with over 3 decades of experience in business-to-business, high-tech, and direct response marketing. He became a self-made multi-millionaire while still in his 30s. Bob is the author of more than 90 published books including Careers for Writers (McGraw-Hill/VGM), Secrets of a Freelance Writer (Henry Holt), The Copywriter's Handbook (Henry Holt), and The Elements of Business Writing (Alyn & Bacon). McGraw-Hill calls Bob Bly "America's top copywriter," and he was named 2007 Copywriter of the Year by American Writers and Artists, Inc. Bob writes a column for Target Marketing magazine. The Direct Response Letter, Bob Bly's free e-newsletter, has over 60,000 subscribers.
Check out Bob's blog at http://bly.com/blog or contact him at www.bly.com/contact
Customers Also Bought Items By
Robert W. Bly is a self-made multi-millionaire and brings in six figures of sales annually from marketing and selling his own products, not to mention more than half a million from his freelance writing. He’s been a professional copywriter for nearly forty years and has been named America’s best copywriter. And now he’s drawing back the curtain and revealing hundreds of proven words and phrases that can help you:
- Grab the reader’s attention.
- Convey a sense of urgency.
- Communicate what’s special, different, and unique about your product.
- Boost response with proven time-tested offers.
- Arouse the reader’s curiosity.
- Overcome buyer objections.
- Announce something new.
- Move the reader emotionally.
- Create a perception of superior product value.
- Give the reader news.
- And much more.
The Big Book of Words that Sell contains the 1200 words and phrases that have proven to sell most effectively for Bob, and the best situations to employ that language in. Use them to:
- Sell any product or service.
- Get connections, followers, and friends on social media.
- Write social media posts and ads that generate more clicks and conversions.
- Optimize web pages for Google and other search engines.
- Write e-mails that get higher open and click-through rates.
- Become a more powerful and persuasive copywriter.
- Increase web site traffic and conversion.
- Generate better return from your Call to Actions (CTA).
The Big Book of Words that Sell: 1200 Words and Phrases That Every Salesperson and Marketer Should Know and Use is your guide to the world’s most persuasive words and phrases—and how to leverage them to sell your product.
The classic guide to copywriting, now in an entirely updated fourth edition
This is a book for everyone who writes or approves copy: copywriters, multichannel marketers, creative directors, freelance writers, marketing managers . . . even small business owners and information marketers. It reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write both print and online ads, emails, and websites that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention—and sell more products.
Among the tips revealed:
* 8 headlines that work--and how to use them
* The 5-step “Motivating Sequence” for generating more sales and profits
* 10 tips for boosting landing page conversion rates
* 15 techniques to ensure your emails get high open and click-through rates
* How to create powerful “lead magnets” that double response rates
* The “4 S” formula for making your copy clear, concise, and compelling
This thoroughly revised fourth edition includes all new essential information for mastering copywriting in the digital age, including advice on content marketing, online videos, and high-conversion landing pages, as well as entirely updated resources.
Now more indispensable than ever, Robert W. Bly's The Copywriter's Handbook remains the ultimate guide for people who write or work with copy.
The definitive guide to making real money as a writer—revised and updated for the online media market of the 2020s.Do you love educating others? Do you want to make money doing it? The world of how-to writing is waiting for you! In How to Write and Sell Simple Information for Fun and Profit, copywriting legend and self-made millionaire Robert W. Bly shares his secrets to how any motivated person can turn simple information into a six-figure income.
Bob Bly spells out how you can find your writing niche; develop ideas for profitable how-to books, e-books, articles, video, audio content and more; research, write and publish effective, practical, how-to instructional materials; repackage content in a dizzying variety of proven-to-sell products; promote and market your work; and earn $100,000 a year or more.
This revised and updated second edition of How to Write and Sell Simple Information for Fun and Profit adapts Bly's tried-and-true formulas for writing success to the modern online content market, including best practices for monetizing podcasts, YouTube channels, webinars, Facebook groups, social media, software, and more.
You don't have to be the world's greatest writer. You don't have to be the leading guru in your field. But if you have a curious mind and love learning new things, you can be a six-figure success as a how-to writer—and How to Write and Sell Simple Information for Fun and Profit will show you how!
Now Make Sure You're Fluent in the Language of Marketing in the 21st Century!
- Do you know the difference between cold traffic vs. hot traffic—and the best ways to convert each?
- Are your content writers serving you warmed over “Google goulash?”
- Are you elevating your response rates by strategically deploying “dominant resident emotion” and the “core buying complex”?
- Can you double or triple the leads and sales you are now getting through your “sales funnel”?
In the digital era, marketing is evolving with lightning speed. And the language of marketing is changing right along with it. Now, with the Marketing Dictionary for the 21st Century, Second Edition, you can quickly bring your marketing vocabulary up to date … understand what colleagues and vendors are talking about … and show others that your marketing knowledge is on the cutting edge. You'll also improve your understanding of key marketing concepts, methods, and tactics—from affinity marketing and attribution, to zero-party data and zip code analysis. So that you can multiply your sales and profits, across all digital and traditional marketing channels, as never before!
And whether you're an entrepreneur, marketing manager, copywriter, or direct marketer, Bob Bly "America's Top Copywriter," will show you how it's possible to improve the response rate to your promotions anywhere from 10 percent to as much as 900 percent, just by creating and testing different offers.
With three decades of experience in marketing and copywriting, Bob has packed everything he knows about offers that produce results into How to Create Irresistible Offers.
From specific techniques (like the "drop-in-the-buket" tactic) to overall strategies (like the "good, better, best" approach), you'll get a soup-to-nuts education.
Bottom line:By the time you're done with the book, you'll know exactly how to craft strong offers that make more money for you.
This book is a tongue-in-cheek guide to words that any well-educated, witty person should be able to drop into cocktail conversation. You are encouraged to toss off words such as “disestablishmentarianism,” “descant,” and “autodidactic”—words that will make the user sound learned, intellectual, and wise. For those who want to improve the quality and sophistication of their speech and writing, this is the book to keep on the nightstand.
• Avoid the “solving false problems” mistake in your advertising. Page 50.
• How to differentiate yourself from the competition. Page 78.
• Is creativity overrated? Page 143.
• 10 ways to add urgency to your ads. Page 164.
• A little-known copywriting technique for making clients happy. Page 202.
• The power of contrarian copy. Page 172.
• 9 ways to become a financially secure freelancer. Page 42.
Readers will learn how to:
- Create A-level content that gets noticed, gets read, and eliminates “content pollution”
- Overcome the biggest weakness of content marketing
- Double marketing response rates by adding lead magnets, bonus reports, and other free content offers
- Use content to build brands, enhance reputations, and stand out from the competition
- Plan, execute and measure content marketing in a multichannel environment
- Know when to stop giving away content and start asking for the orders
This is a book for everyone who writes or approves copy: copywriters, account executives, creative directors, freelance writers, advertising managers . . . even entrepreneurs and brand managers. It reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write ads, commercials, and direct mail that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention―and sell more products.
Among the tips revealed are:
• eight headlines that work―and how to use them
• eleven ways to make your copy more readable
• fifteen ways to open a sales letter
• the nine characteristics of successful print ads
• how to build a successful freelance copywriting practice
• fifteen techniques to ensure your e-mail marketing message is opened
This thoroughly revised third edition includes all new essential information for mastering copywriting in the Internet era, including advice on Web- and e-mail-based copywriting, multimedia presentations, and Internet research and source documentation, as well as updated resources. Now more indispensable than ever, The Copywriter's Handbook remains the ultimate guide for people who write or work with copy.
"I don't know a single copywriter whose work would not be improved by reading this book." ―David Ogilvy
In this book legendary copywriting pioneer and marketing expert Robert W. Bly shares his groundbreaking strategies for winning customers and earning profits with direct mail. Dive in and learn how to:
Plus, you’ll receive Bly’s very own templates, samples, and checklists to ensure your direct mail materials earn you the highest ROI possible.
Expert Bob Bly shares his secrets for earning $1,000 to $5,000 a day, or more, as a self-employed speaker, lecturer, or trainer. He shows readers, step-by-step, everything they need to know to become polished speakers, create winning presentations, find a market niche, set fees, get bookings, and much more. Aspiring speakers will learn about the corporate training market-who buys training, what the hot topics are, how to package and sell training courses, and what to charge.
Bob Bly (Dumont, NJ) is an independent copywriter, advertising consultant, bestselling author, popular lecturer, and highly successful trainer.