Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Robert W. Bly
Check out Bob's blog at http://bly.com/blog or contact him at www.bly.com/contact
Customers Also Bought Items By
The classic guide to copywriting, now in an entirely updated fourth edition
This is a book for everyone who writes or approves copy: copywriters, multichannel marketers, creative directors, freelance writers, marketing managers . . . even small business owners and information marketers. It reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write both print and online ads, emails, and websites that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention—and sell more products.
Among the tips revealed:
* 8 headlines that work--and how to use them
* The 5-step “Motivating Sequence” for generating more sales and profits
* 10 tips for boosting landing page conversion rates
* 15 techniques to ensure your emails get high open and click-through rates
* How to create powerful “lead magnets” that double response rates
* The “4 S” formula for making your copy clear, concise, and compelling
This thoroughly revised fourth edition includes all new essential information for mastering copywriting in the digital age, including advice on content marketing, online videos, and high-conversion landing pages, as well as entirely updated resources.
Now more indispensable than ever, Robert W. Bly's The Copywriter's Handbook remains the ultimate guide for people who write or work with copy.
And whether you're an entrepreneur, marketing manager, copywriter, or direct marketer, Bob Bly "America's Top Copywriter," will show you how it's possible to improve the response rate to your promotions anywhere from 10 percent to as much as 900 percent, just by creating and testing different offers.
With three decades of experience in marketing and copywriting, Bob has packed everything he knows about offers that produce results into How to Create Irresistible Offers.
From specific techniques (like the "drop-in-the-buket" tactic) to overall strategies (like the "good, better, best" approach), you'll get a soup-to-nuts education.
Bottom line:By the time you're done with the book, you'll know exactly how to craft strong offers that make more money for you.
Robert W. Bly is a self-made multi-millionaire and brings in six figures of sales annually from marketing and selling his own products, not to mention more than half a million from his freelance writing. He’s been a professional copywriter for nearly forty years and has been named America’s best copywriter. And now he’s drawing back the curtain and revealing hundreds of proven words and phrases that can help you:
- Grab the reader’s attention.
- Convey a sense of urgency.
- Communicate what’s special, different, and unique about your product.
- Boost response with proven time-tested offers.
- Arouse the reader’s curiosity.
- Overcome buyer objections.
- Announce something new.
- Move the reader emotionally.
- Create a perception of superior product value.
- Give the reader news.
- And much more.
The Big Book of Words that Sell contains the 1200 words and phrases that have proven to sell most effectively for Bob, and the best situations to employ that language in. Use them to:
- Sell any product or service.
- Get connections, followers, and friends on social media.
- Write social media posts and ads that generate more clicks and conversions.
- Optimize web pages for Google and other search engines.
- Write e-mails that get higher open and click-through rates.
- Become a more powerful and persuasive copywriter.
- Increase web site traffic and conversion.
- Generate better return from your Call to Actions (CTA).
The Big Book of Words that Sell: 1200 Words and Phrases That Every Salesperson and Marketer Should Know and Use is your guide to the world’s most persuasive words and phrases—and how to leverage them to sell your product.
This is a book for everyone who writes or approves copy: copywriters, account executives, creative directors, freelance writers, advertising managers . . . even entrepreneurs and brand managers. It reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write ads, commercials, and direct mail that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention―and sell more products.
Among the tips revealed are:
• eight headlines that work―and how to use them
• eleven ways to make your copy more readable
• fifteen ways to open a sales letter
• the nine characteristics of successful print ads
• how to build a successful freelance copywriting practice
• fifteen techniques to ensure your e-mail marketing message is opened
This thoroughly revised third edition includes all new essential information for mastering copywriting in the Internet era, including advice on Web- and e-mail-based copywriting, multimedia presentations, and Internet research and source documentation, as well as updated resources. Now more indispensable than ever, The Copywriter's Handbook remains the ultimate guide for people who write or work with copy.
"I don't know a single copywriter whose work would not be improved by reading this book." ―David Ogilvy
Readers will learn how to:
This book is a tongue-in-cheek guide to words that any well-educated, witty person should be able to drop into cocktail conversation. You are encouraged to toss off words such as “disestablishmentarianism,” “descant,” and “autodidactic”—words that will make the user sound learned, intellectual, and wise. For those who want to improve the quality and sophistication of their speech and writing, this is the book to keep on the nightstand.
• Avoid the “solving false problems” mistake in your advertising. Page 50.
• How to differentiate yourself from the competition. Page 78.
• Is creativity overrated? Page 143.
• 10 ways to add urgency to your ads. Page 164.
• A little-known copywriting technique for making clients happy. Page 202.
• The power of contrarian copy. Page 172.
• 9 ways to become a financially secure freelancer. Page 42.
In this book legendary copywriting pioneer and marketing expert Robert W. Bly shares his groundbreaking strategies for winning customers and earning profits with direct mail. Dive in and learn how to:
Plus, you’ll receive Bly’s very own templates, samples, and checklists to ensure your direct mail materials earn you the highest ROI possible.
Written to help marketers—from the Fortune 1000 to small business owners and solopreneurs—turn their websites from cost centers to profit centers, The Digital Marketing Handbook by legendary copywriting pioneer and marketing expert Robert W. Bly teaches you the proven models and processes for generating a steady stream of traffic, conversions, leads, opt-ins, and sales.
Whether you are marketing an online-based business, brick-and-mortar store, or a hybrid business, Bly will teach you how to:
- Integrate a digital marketing plan with traditional marketing outreach efforts
- Maximize open rates, click-through rates, conversions, and sales
- Avoid the most common internet marketing mistakes that cause people to fail online
- Build a large and responsive opt-in email list
- Master Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, and other traffic-generating tactics
- Drive quality leads to your online and offline storefronts
- Produce brand awareness and generate leads with Snapchat, Instagram, Periscope, Pinterest, and other social media platforms
- Design hub sites, landing pages, and "squeeze pages" guaranteed to bring in leads
Plus, Bly shares tested direct response methods that can increase your online revenues by 50, 100, and even 200 percent along with an extensive resource section to give your website a competitive edge.
Business writing has been transformed in our era from long, leisurely letters to fast faxes, instant e-mails, crisp memos, and concise letters. Your reader doesn’t have time to waste. And neither do you.
That's where The Encyclopedia of Business Letters, Faxes, and E-mails can help.
Here You’ll find the most complete and up-to-date collection of model business correspondence for every conceivable occasion—sample letters, memos, and e-mails you can use as is or adapt for your own purposes. This invaluable reference contains more than 300 model letters with instructions for adapting each to your particular situation. Letters are organized into chapters by category, and the detailed table of contents guides you quickly to the letter that best suits your needs.
For each model letter, You’ll find:
- Introductory comments that give you a working knowledge of each kind of correspondence.
- Several variations of tone and style from which you can pick the one that suits you best.
- Analysis that reveals the formula to writing each kind of letter.
Instructions on how to format, design, print, and deliver your correspondence for best effect.
This revised edition The Encyclopedia of Business Letters, Faxes, and E-mails contains more help than ever, including:
- An expanded introduction to writing letters, faxes, and e-mails, with new tips and advice on the best use of each
- Ample guidance on the nuances of e-mail, including hints for avoiding common pitfalls
- Dozens of additional sample e-mail formats to meet today's communication needs
- Even more focused, easy-to-remember directions for organizing your thoughts and composing even the toughest kinds of correspondence don’t go to work without it!
The definitive guide to becoming a successful freelance writer, now in an updated and expanded third edition
Secrets of a Freelance Writer has long been the authoritative guide to making big money as a commercial freelance writer. In this new edition, you'll find out how to make $100,000 a year—or much more—writing ads, annual reports, brochures, catalogs, newsletters, direct mail, Web pages, CD-ROMs, press releases, and other projects for corporations, small businesses, associations, nonprofit organizations, the government, and other commercial clients.
You'll also learn how to start out as a freelancer, market yourself to clients, create a successful personal Web site to cull more sales leads, follow up on potential customers to build your practice, and run your business on a day-to-day basis.
Secrets of a Freelance Writer is the definitive guide to building a successful and lucrative freelance writing practice.
The average business employee spends more than thirteen hours a week reading and responding to email. That’s 675 or more hours—over 28 days a year—spent on email. Wouldn’t it be nice to get some of that time back?
In The New Email Revolution, Robert W. Bly Bly draws from decades of experience sending millions of emails to help you take that time back. With this book in hand, you will be able to quickly and easily:
•Find templates you can use to create emails for dozens of different situations.
•Know the right wording and optimal word length for email communication.
•Get recipients to read and respond to your email messages.
•Understand when it is legal and not legal to send email to a person you do not know.
•Incorporate photos, graphics, sound, and video into your email messages.
•Measure the deliverability, bounce rate, open rate, and response rate to every email you send.
•Write clearer, more engaging, more persuasive email copy for every occasion.
Get better results in less time with The New Email Revolution.