|Item Weight||10.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.3 x 1.4 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||3900XB|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required.|
3 Year Television Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Roku Express | 5X more powerful HD Streaming (2017) (Renewed)
Product works and looks like new. Backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
Renewed products work and look like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers. Box and accessories may be generic. All Renewed products come with the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee. Learn more
- New 2017 Model!
- Easy HD streaming, incredible price.
- NOW 5x more powerful!
- 500, 000 Plus movies and TV episodes
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
High-definition streaming. Easy on the wallet
Want to start streaming? Roku Express delivers a smooth HD streaming experience on your big-screen TV. This next generation player is now more powerful. It’s easy to get started - just plug it into your TV with the included High Speed HDMI Cable, connect to the internet, and start streaming. Use the remote to search for your favorite shows and discover channels.
The simple way to start streaming.
With a short step-by-step setup and an easy on-screen experience, the Roku Express is perfect for new users, but powerful enough for seasoned pros.
More powerful. More fun.
From movies and series, to cable alternatives stream the most talked about TV across free and paid channels with more power than the previous generation Roku Express.
Low cost. No extra fees.
Roku Express includes a remote control and High Speed HDMI Cable, and there’s no monthly equipment fee. Plus, with access to hundreds of free channels, there’s plenty to stream without spending extra
Setup is a cinch.
Plug it in, connect to the internet, and start streaming. It’s as simple as that. The included remote has everything you need, plus shortcut buttons to popular streaming channels
500,000+ movies and TV episodes
Movies. TV. Original series. Kids shows. News. Sports and more. Watch almost anything across thousands of free or paid channels available in a click.
The best free experience
From quick access to free movies and TV on the home page, to hundreds of free channels packed with Hollywood hits, live news and more, with Roku streaming players, there’s plenty to watch without spending extra.
Search across top channels
Search by title, actor, or director and get unbiased results across 1,000+ channels to see where you can stream your favorite shows.
The free Roku mobile app
Turn your iOS or Android device into the ultimate streaming companion. Control your Roku player, search with your keyboard, plus get features like: Private listening, voice search, and casting to TV.
|Roku Ultra||Roku Stick Plus||Roku Stick||Roku Express|
|Access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes, with search across 1,000+ top channels||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Connect to TV via||HDMI (4K video via HDCP 2.2 HDMI)||HDMI (4K video via HDCP 2.2 HDMI)||HDMI||HDMI (HDMI Cable included)|
|Supported Audio||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI|
|Voice remote with TV power and volume buttons||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with the Google Assistant||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Internet connectivity||802.11ac dual-band MIMO, Ethernet 10/100||802.11ac dual-band MIMO||802.11ac dual-band MIMO||802.11 b/g/n|
|Advanced wireless receiver for up to 4X the range||✓|
|Premium JBL headphones, remote finder, gaming buttons, headphone jack, microSD/USB/Ethernet ports||✓|
|Free Roku mobile app with remote control, private listening and voice search||✓||✓||✓||✓|
1080p Resolution Stream Over 500, 000 Movies And TV Episodes Private Listening Voice Search Cast To TV 802. 11 (b/g/n compatible) With WEP, WPA, and WPA2 Support Digital Stereo Over HDMI, DTS Digital Surround Pass Through Over HDMI Black Finish
About Amazon Renewed
Amazon Renewed is your trusted destination for pre-owned and refurbished products that are inspected and tested to work and look like new. A Renewed supplier who is Amazon-qualified and performance managed, performs a full diagnostic test, replaces any defective parts, and thoroughly cleans the product. The products will have minimal to no signs of wear, no visible cosmetic imperfections when held 12 inches away, and may arrive in a brown or white box with relevant accessories that may be generic.
This product is backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Your product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if it does not work as expected. Get quick support for claims and free troubleshooting via a single point of contact at Amazon. The guarantee is in conjunction with Amazon’s standard return policy. Learn more
Shop for smartphones, computers, laptops, tablets, home and kitchen appliances, game consoles, office products, and more on Amazon Renewed.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the first external streaming device I've ever purchased. I bit the bullet because of Spectrum's switch to all digital signals, which renders old fashioned coaxial cable obsolete -- unless you give Spectrum an additional $11 per month, per TV set, for a converter box. The more affordable option is to buy this item and watch TV via the Spectrum app. My impressions:
1) Cost savings. This item will pay for itself in little over two months given Spectrum's rental fee for a converter box. The rest of the Pros on my list would also be the case if you were renting the box, but the cost savings make them even more satisfying.
2) Possible increased channel selection. If, like me, you're adding this to a secondary TV that never had a converter box, you will now be able to receive all of the channels you're paying for, instead of just the basic 60-70 channels that co-ax was giving me. Looking back, I should have done this a couple years ago.
3) Increased HD availability.
4) Program information and schedules on your TV.
1) Navigability can be an issue. Specifically I'm referring to the fact that you have to open a channel guide and scroll to whatever channel you'd like to watch. If I'm using the Spectrum app on my tablet to watch TV it's not a big deal because with a swipe of the screen, it rockets up and down the channel guide. On your TV, you've got to use the arrow buttons to scroll and it can take time to move from, say, channel 44 to channel 401. I'd like to see Spectrum somehow incorporate a means of entering digits on screen to speed up this process.
2) Not really a con, per se, but you may need to purchase a new router or even pay for faster internet. I was told at the Spectrum outlet that my existing router would be too slow. They wanted to give me a newer router, which would of course cost me an additional $5 a month, but I went online and bought one myself. Nonetheless, before that item could arrive I used my existing $15 router and experienced no buffering issues at all. Even with three devices streaming at the same time. Still, when the new router came, I hooked it up to make sure I had the speed to handle multiple TVs.
If you're looking to avoid Spectrum's price gouging, this is just about the only way to go. Fortunately, it does a great job. I have the sneaking feeling that within a year or two, as I find more and more Roku apps to fit my tastes, this device may be what leads me to finally cut the cord.