Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Rose Publishing
Packed with charts, timelines, and simple summaries, Rose products are designed to make the Bible and its teachings easy to understand. Our prayer is that as readers continue to dive into the Word of God their love for the Lord will deepen as they gain understanding.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Experience the peace, joy, and hope that come from deepening your understanding of who God is with Rose's 100 Names of God Christian devotional. From Adonai to Jehovah-Jireh, each daily devotion ushers you into the very presence of God by having you reflect on who He is.
Based on Rose's #1 selling pamphlet, Names of God, this Christian devotional covers five times as many names as the original pamphlet and features daily reflections, thought-provoking questions, powerful prayers, and stunning graphics not offered anywhere else! From Adonai to Yahweh, enjoy not only covering 100 names of God, but worshiping him one name at a time with this easy-to-use daily names of God Bible study! Each devotion is short enough to read in just 5-minutes and deep enough to enrich your quiet times with the Lord as you discover the promise and hope of each name:
- Adonai — means "The Lord" or "My Great Lord"
- El Shaddai — "The All-Sufficient One"
- Jehovah-Rapha — "The Lord Who Heals"
- Jehovah-Jireh — "The Lord Who Provides"
Each of the daily devotions covers:
- 1 specific name of God (such as Elohim)
- Its meaning
- Encouraging explanation and inspirational reflection
- Other related Scripture and cross references
- Personal question, prayer, and practical application
Tap into the incredible beauty and wonder of God's names with every page of this Christian devotional and develop a deeper relationship with your Creator, Protector, and Father. 160 pages, padded hard cover. Size: 5 x 8 inches.
Worship God One Name At Time with this Christian Devotional
In the Bible we discover dozens of titles and names of God, and now you can cherish them all in one devotional! Each name reveals an important attribute of God's nature or reminds us of His care for us. In those names we find new reasons to worship God, to trust Him, and to praise Him more. Dive into 100 easy-to-read devotions that are packed with fresh insights and deepen your understanding of who God is every day!
What makes this 100 Names of God Devotional special?
- Full color
- It makes an attractive gift for someone you love
- Simple daily format
- Easy-to-use index for quick reference
- Instant ready-to-use 6-week Bible study
- Makes for an excellent repeatable study
In the 100 Names of God devotional, readers will be renewed with a deeper sense of hope as they are lead to the very heart of God and the good news of who he is.
Pray Through the 100 Names of God
Enjoy 100 prayers in this daily devotional that will usher you into God's presence with care and intention every day. Each name in this Christian devotional is offered with a prayer that readers will follow the psalmist's lead in saying, "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving" (Psalm 69:30).
Christian History Made Easy summarizes the most important events in the history of the church, from the time of Jesus to modern day. Christian History Made Easy explains early church history, the Church Councils, the Great Schism, the Crusades, Francis of Assisi, John Wycliffe, Martin Luther, the Protestant Reformation, and more. Christian History Made Easy presents key church history events and great Christian leaders everyone should know, along with full-color church history timelines, photos, pictures, and maps. The study guide and worksheets in the back makes this book an excellent Bible Study, adults Sunday school topics, or homeschool curriculum. Author Timothy Paul Jones makes Christian history refreshingly fun while at the same time informing Christians about the history of the Christian faith.Full-color, 224 pages, paperback, 6 x 9 inches.
Theologian J. I. Packer says Christian History Made Easy is, "...a beautifully simple, beginner-friendly telling of Christian history, a precious heritage."
About the Author: Dr. Timothy Paul Jones
Timothy Paul Jones serves as a professor of Christian ministry and as associate vice president at the Southern Baptist Theological seminary, where he teaches courses in applied apologetics and family ministry.
Before teaching at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, he led churches in Missouri and Oklahoma as pastor and associate pastor. Dr. Jones has authored or contributed to more than a dozen books, including PROOF; Conspiracies and the Cross; and, Christian History Made Easy. In 2007, Charles Colson listed him as one of “four names you need to know” when responding to the new atheists and in 2010, Christian Retailing magazine selected Christian History Made Easy as the book of the year in the field of Christian education.
He is married to Rayann and they have three daughters. The Jones family works in SojournKids and community group ministry at Sojourn Community Church.
Almost every person in the Bible belonged to one of the 12 Tribes of Israel based on their ancestry: From Moses who was a Levite to the Apostle Paul who was Benjaminite. Each tribe had its own history, land, and heritage. Now you can easily grasp the "backstory" of each tribe and see key information at a glance! For example, find out the significance of Jesus being called the "Lion of Judah." For each of the 12 Tribes of Israel, you will get—
A quick overview of its meaning, size, family history, location, and more.
A picture of the tribe's symbol (such as the lion from the Tribe of Judah)
Simple summary of Jacob's blessing, Moses' blessing, and other key events related to each tribe. (Find out the major battles, controversies, and scandals that impacted each tribe. Plus, see which important Bible people came from each tribe of Israel.)
Features Incredible Visual Aids (Map of Israel, Tabernacle Diagram, and more)
This pamphlet is packed with visual aids that will help you see key information at a glance. These visuals will enrich your understanding of the 12 Tribes of Israel and add depth to any Old Testament study:
Family Tree of Jacob (Israel)
Tabernacle diagram showing where each of the 12 tribes encamped around the Tabernacle.
Time Line showing key events, starting with Abraham's journey from Haran
Easy-to-read, full-color map showing how the "promised land" was divided amongst each of the 12 tribes according to their inheritance. The map is color-coded so you can easily spot each tribe's location!
Find out Fascinating Facts about the Twelve Tribes of Israel:
From the largest tribe (Judah) to the smallest (Simeon), this pamphlet is packed with fascinating facts on each of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Here's just 4 quick facts about the Tribe of Judah:
The tribe of Judah led the other tribes on their march toward the Promised Land.
This tribe of Judah camped on the east side of the tabernacle—the only side with an entrance (Num. 2).
Jesus, Caleb, David, and Micah all came from the tribe of Judah.
Judah means "praise" and its symbol is the lion. (Note: This is why Jesus is known as the Lion of Judah).
See the 12 Tribes of Israel Throughout the Old and New Testament
As you read the unfolding history in the Bible, it's helpful to pay attention to how God worked through the 12 tribes of Israel to fulfill his purposes—especially his purpose of bringing from the tribe of Judah, Jesus the Savior, the "Lion of Judah."
In Genesis, the first book of the Bible, we see God working through a family: Jacob and his 12 sons (who represent the 12 Tribes of Israel).
Jesus came from the smallest clan from the Tribe of the Judah.
In the New Testament, he uses the Apostle Paul (a Benjaminite) to spread the gospel message to the Gentiles.
In Revelation, the last book of the Bible, we are reminded of a remnant of 144,000 people sealed by God—12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Here's a list of the 12 Tribes along with key people:
Judah (Jesus, Caleb, David)
Benjamin (Jeremiah, Mordecai, Paul)
Manasseh (Joshua, Deborah, Samuel)
How does the Spirit work in and through believers? The answers are found in this eBook, The Fruit of the Spirit. In less than 30 minutes, you will understand Galatians 5: 22, 23, and the nine traits that are listed as the Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The Fruit of the Spirit is an excellent tool for teaching, devotions, or for reference when you are asked about the importance of the Holy Spirit in the believer’s life.
Both the Old and New Testament refer to the importance of "fruit.” For Christians, the Fruit of the Spirit represent the outward or visible growth believers experience in Christ through the Holy Spirit. That's why this teaching is so important. The Fruit of the Spirit eBook is an excellent resource that will show you how the Spirit works in and through believers to achieve a true change in action and behavior.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22, 23
The Fruit of the Spirit study is an excellent study for believers at any level of spiritual growth or maturity. Believers will spend a lifetime seeking the fruit in their lives. The Fruit of the Spirit eBook provides insight to how the fruit of the Spirit was evident in the life of Jesus. For example - According the Apostle Paul, a fruit of the Spirit is "love." The Fruit of the Spirit eBook defines love this way: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. It is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances.
The Fruit of the Spirit eBook includes:
• A definition for each fruit of the Spirit
• How each fruit was exemplified in Jesus' life
• Scripture references that show the fruit manifested in someone's life
• The Greek word for each of the fruit of the Spirit, including:
• The word for love is agape
• The word for joy is chara
The Fruit of the Spirit eBook offers four powerful verses that define Good Fruit as well as a list of Bad Fruit, which includes: greed, anger, drunkenness, and evil desires, among others.
Includes the following names —
- Shiloh (Jesus, Our Promised Peace)
- El Roi (The God Who Sees Me)
- Spirit of Counsel (The Holy Spirit)
- Immanuel (God with us)
Two young Harvard MBAs on the fast track to wealth and success tell their story of God's transforming power and how Scripture brought them to the startling conclusion that they should give the majority of their money away to those in need. Packed with compelling case studies, research, and practical strategies, God and Money offers an honest look at what the Bible says about generous giving. No matter what your salary may be, God and Money shows you how you can reap the rewards of radical generosity in your own life.
*100% of the author royalties goes toward Christian ministries focused on spreading the Gospel and providing for those in need*
"John and Greg realize what everyone should know—that middle-class Americans are among the richest people in world history. It's time for Christ-followers to understand that God has bigger purposes than increasing our standard of living—He wants us to increase our standard of giving." —Randy Alcorn, from the Foreword of God and Money
John Cortines and Gregory Baumer met as Harvard MBA candidates in a men's Bible study and stopped asking "How much should I give?" and started asking "How much do I need to keep?" With their top-notch education and rising careers, Cortines and Baumer were guaranteed comfort and security for the rest of their lives. However, when their plans for saving and spending collided with God's purposes for extravagant generosity, they were each compelled to make a life-changing decision that challenges the values held by mainstream America and many Christian commentators. Cortines and Baumer show not only how to radically give, but explain how to do so responsibly.
Dive into the story and get equipped with the practical tools to—
- Easily set budgets for spending
- Wisely steward your money
- Prepare and save for your future—home ownership, retirement, higher education, etc...
- Know what the Bible says about money, tithing, and faith
- Discern when to give and when not to give
Featuring lessons from the Bible, modern day case studies, and practical ways to apply biblical principles no matter what situation you're in, God and Money provides an incredible look into what the Bible says about—
- Tithing and Christian giving
- Wealth and stewardship
- Faith and generosity
- Love of money
- And so much more!
From the parables of the Rich Young Ruler to the Widow's Mite, the Bible shows us that how we manage our money is critical to our relationship with God. God and Money uses these parables and more to teach you to save, spend, and steward your money in a biblical way by planting God's purposes at the heart of your practices.
Discover the 7 Core Principles of Wealth and Giving
Authors Cortines and Baumer pack 2,350 verses on money into 7 practical principles that can be applied to your life and finances on a daily basis. From shopping for groceries to your first down payment on a home, apply these reliable guidelines with ease and clarity—
- Everything we "own" actually belongs to God
- Giving should be voluntary, generous, cheerful, and needs-based
- Giving generously breaks down the power of mo
The Armor of God eBook helps bring Apostle Paul's message in Ephesians 6:10-18 to life. In less than 30 minutes, you will know the key teachings about the spiritual armor God makes available for all believers. The Armor of God eBook provides historically accurate images and descriptions of a Roman Centurion's armor, then draws important correlations to the spiritual armor God gives believers: the Belt of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, Feet Prepared with Gospel of Peace, The Shield of Faith, The Helmet of Salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit.
This eBook will help you put on the full armor of God when you face temptations and struggles. The key to The Armor of God are the insights brought by Paul's knowledge of a Centurion's armor. Having an accurate picture of a Centurion's armor is important to understanding this portion of Scripture. Rose has accurately illustrated the Centurion's armor in The Armor of God so you can see each piece of armor, understand its historical background, and see how it applies to our spiritual battles today.
In The Armor of God, you will see:
• A detailed description of God's armor
• Historical background on how the armor was put on and its purpose
• The application of the armor to our lives today, such as how the "Belt of Truth" prepares believers to be truthful
• Other biblical passages
This eBook also presents:
• A verse-by-verse look at Ephesians 6:10-18 alongside an illustration of a Roman Centurion in full armor
• Background information on Paul, his missionary journey, and life in Ephesus
• Scriptural references that help you in spiritual warfare by contrasting the "Devil's Schemes" with God's armor.
• For example: One of the Devil's schemes to lie. God's armor is Truth. Proverbs 14:25 is a good reminder of how God can help you stand firm.
The Armor of God eBook is an excellent personal or group study resource if you want to take a close look at Paul's description of the Armor of God.
Enjoy These Click-and-Enlarge Maps to Compare Biblical Places with Today's Cities and Countries
Then and Now Bible Map® Pamphlet is a full-color booklet that includes 17 maps showing biblical cities and countries in black and modern-day map boundaries in red. These bright colorful Bible maps are affordable and have large print. They cover the major biblical areas: Canaan, Assyria, Babylon, Egypt, Paul's Journeys to Rome, and the land given to the 12 tribes of Israel. The Then & Now Bible Map® Pamphlet is a fantastic Bible study tool. Rose Publishing is the #1 Christian publisher of Bible maps and atlases, occupying the majority of the slots in the Top 10 list of best-selling Bible Maps and Atlases."
Then & Now® Bible Maps pamphlet makes it easy to compare Bible times with modern times. On each of the 17 maps, modern-day cities and countries appear in red type or red underline if the name has remained the same. Then & Now® Bible Maps provides helpful historic information, such as:
- The Holy Land: Then (1300 BC Twelve Tribes) and Now (modern times) uses color coding to show Canaan divided by the Twelve Tribes, and also shows the historical and modern-day names of cities within the regions occupied by the Twelve Tribes
- Paul's Journeys: Then (AD 47-62) and Now (modern times) shows the locations of the Seven Churches of Asia (modern day Turkey) found in Revelation 1-3, as well as cities, towns, ancient ruins, mountains, modern capital cities and a key for measuring the distance traveled from city to city
- Empires & Kingdoms: Then and Now® shows the changing boundaries of the Assyrian Empire, Babylonian Kingdom, and Persian Empire
You will refer to the Then & Now® Bible Maps pamphlet often to see:
- The Middle East Bible Times and Today
- The Holy Land: Then (1300 BC Twelve Tribes) and Now (Modern Times)
- Empires & Kingdoms: Then and Now®
- The Holy Land: 1020 BC and 900 BC
- Places of Jesus' Ministry Then (AD 26-30) and Now
- The Holy Land: Then (New Testament Times AD 1-70) and Now (Modern Times)
- Paul's Journeys: Then (AD 47-62) and Now (Modern Times)
- Paul's Journeys: AD 47-62
- Paul's Second Journey: AD 49-51
- Paul's Third Journey: AD 52-57
- Paul's Journey to Rome: AD 57-62
Then & Now Bible Maps is a fascinating resource that you will refer to again and again when you are studying the Bible.
From Moses to Gutenberg, easily find out how we got the Bible we have today and discover why we can trust it with this highly-visual and easy-to-understand handbook on the history of Bible! Dive into the fascinating stories of the people who risked their lives to print and distribute the Word of God (Tyndale, Wycliffe, etc). Perfect for personal or small group use.
Have you ever wondered where the Bible came from? Who wrote the books of the Bible and how did they end up together? Perhaps you have been asked by a friend or coworker about books that were cut out of the Bible. Through seven dynamic chapters in How We Got the Bible, expert Dr. Timothy Paul Jones will guide you through all the important questions about the Holy Bible to show you why it can be trusted. Filled with dramatic stories and highly-visual charts and illustrations, this exciting Bible History handbook will take you from the earliest clay tablets and papyrus copies to the first bound Bible and the various Bible translations that we use today!
With this Bible history handbook, you will discover—
- 3 Ways the Bible is Unlike Any Other "Holy Book"
- What it means when we say that the Bible is inspired and inerrant
- What people did to preserve the text of the Bible over the centuries
- How we know that the Old and New Testament is reliable
- The stories behind names like John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, Gutenberg, and King James I
Explore how God communicates with us through his written Word and how it came to be! Easily understand why the Bible recording process isn't just a giant game of Telephone. Get a rich overview of Bible history at a glance, whether you're reading this for your personal enrichment or with your church small group. This book is perfect for young adults and adult studies.
Find Out Fascinating Facts on the History of the Bible
Find out fascinating facts as you get a solid overview of Bible-making history. In a fun and highly visual way, expert Dr. Timothy Paul Jones brings history to life. Enjoy learning important terms, key Scripture, and incredible insight that will help you establish a strong understanding of the Bible's reliability.
- The text of the Bible is better preserved than the writing of Plato or Aristotle.
- There is more than 99% agreement between all of the known manuscripts of the Bible.
- There are over 5,700 manuscripts of the New Testament compared to 210 surviving copies of Plato.
- Every book in the New Testament was written down before the eyewitnesses of Jesus passed away.
How We Got the Bible Chapters Include—
- Chapter 1: What's So Special About the Bible?
How We Got the Old Testament
- Chapter 2: How Did the Old Testament Get from God to You?
- Chapter 3: Which Books Belong in the Old Testament?
How We Got the New Testament
- Chapter 4: Can We Trust the New Testament?
- Chapter 5: Who Created the New Testament Canon?&
ECPA Platinum Book Award Winner - Over 1 million copies sold! Christianity, Cults and Religions is the Best-Selling Cults and Religions Comparison Chart. It helps you compare cults, sects, and religions.
This New 7th Edition Compares 2 More Religious Groups!
No other Side-by-Side Cults and Religions Chart Gives this Concise Information: A Brief Overview of the Beliefs of each Religious Group in 150 Words or Less.
Christianity, Cults and Religions will help you know what you believe and why! This pamphlet compares the beliefs of 21 world religions, sects, cults, and new religious groups side by side from a Christian point of view. Christianity, Cults and Religions Comparison Chart makes a good cults comparison handout for Bible Studies, Sunday school classes, and homeschool curriculum. 14 panels, fits inside most Bibles, 8.5 x 5.5 inches, unfolds to 38 inches long.What Makes Christianity, Cults and Religions Pamphlet
The Best-Selling Religions Comparison Chart
- Well-researched. Researched by some of the top apologists and scholars in the field including Paul Carden, former co-host of "Bible Answer Man" radio program, H. Wayne House, Ph.D., Robert Bowman Jr., executive director of IRR, and James Bjornstadt, Ph.D.
- Short and concise. Christianity, Cults and Religions is an excellent short overview with brief summaries of the beliefs and basic history of 21 world religions, sects, cults, and new religious movements.
- Up to date. Christianity, Cults and Religions the most up-to-date comparison chart from a Christian perspective available in print.
- More groups than any other side-by-side comparison chart in print. Christianity, Cults and Religions features more religions, sects, and new religious movements than other comparative pamphlet. It includes groups others do not mention, including Scientology, Bahá'í, Wicca, and Nation of Islam.
Christianity, Cults and Religions
World Religions and Related Sects Compared in Christianity, Cults and Religions
- Islam Shi'a
- Islam Sunni
- Hare Krishna
- Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
- Nation of Islam
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Bahá'í World Faith
Christianity and Offshoots Compared in Christianity, Cults and Religions
- Seventh-day Adventism
- Mormonism (Latter-day Saints or Mormons)
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Christian Science
- Unification Church (Sun Myung Moon)
- Unity School of Christianity
- New Age Movement
Other Groups Compared in Christianity, Cults and Religions
- Scientology (Dianetics)
The 14-panel Christianity, Cults & Religions Chart is an excellent way to teach the key beliefs and practices of biblical Christianity and how it compares to other religions and cults. The pamphlet's concise nature makes it easy to see and understand how the religions and cults differ as well as what they may have in common.
Contents The Gospels Side-by-Side:
• Chart showing the point of view, symbol, and audience for each Gospel. It also shows what aspect of Jesus was emphasized depending on whether the audience was Jewish, Greek-speaking, or distinctly non-Jewish (Messiah, Authority/Power over man and nature, Ideal/perfect, Word of God).
• Harmony of the Gospels showing where each story appears in the four Gospels.
• The importance of Jesus' last week and how it is treated in each Gospel.
• Two charts: Jesus' miracles and parables in each Gospel.
• Differences between modern and ancient biographies and what they emphasize in a person's history.
• Where Jesus Walked - tracking his location in the Gospels.
• Map of Jesus' Travels with red lines showing modern-day cities and countries.
• What the four Passovers mentioned in the Gospels tell us about the length of Jesus' ministry.
• Comparison chart of the Book of John with the three Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark & Luke)
The Gospels Side-by-Side is a handy guide for anyone studying the New Testament, Life of Christ, or learning about Bible study.