Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Roy Digs Dirt (David Books) Hardcover – Picture Book, April 7, 2020
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
* "The artist's familiar blotchy line and thick opaque paints capture Roy's carefree glee... Roy's raucous absurdity will appeal to beginning readers as well as delighting a storytime crowd." -- Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred reviewPraise for No, David!:A Caldecott Honor BookA New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book of the Year* "In this ode to bad and boisterous little boys... this book is perfect for reading aloud. Children will relish the deliciously bad behavior and the warm and cuddly conclusion." -- School Library Journal, starred review"The illustrations are wonderful, full of good-time trouble-making tomfoolery, borrowing on the energy of children's drawings and the determined strokes of their early attempts at lettering. David is a small, snaggle-toothed piehead whose mischief-for those who don't have to clean up after him-is nothing short of exhilarating." -- Kirkus Reviews"Readers won't be able to resist taking a walk on the wild side with this little rascal, and may only secretly acknowledge how much of him they recognize in themselves." -- Publishers WeeklyPraise for Grow Up, David!:"The illustrations capture both the emotional intensity of David's roller-coaster world and, in hilarious close-up tableaux, a series of brotherly tussles, pranks, domestic disasters, and goofy bids for attention... Nice to see you again, David!" -- Kirkus ReviewsPraise for Good Boy, Fergus!:* "Shannon's mixed-media illustrations, in the style of his David books, crackle with personality. Fergus's expressions and poses will be both funny and familiar to dog lovers, and the predominantly close-up perspective offers an immediacy that makes readers feel included in every second of the tail-wagging action. Paws down, Fergus is one memorable pooch." -- Publishers Weekly, starred reviewPraise for Duck on a Bike:"Shannon serves up a sunny blend of humor and action in this delightful tale of a Duck who spies a red bicycle one day and gets 'a wild idea.'... Add to all this the abundant opportunity for youngsters to chime in with barnyard responses ('M-o-o-o'; 'Cluck! Cluck!'), and the result is one swell read-aloud, packed with freewheeling fun." -- Publishers WeeklyPraise for A Bad Case of Stripes:"The pictures are probably enough to attract young browsers, and the book's irony and wealth of detail may even interest readers in higher grades." -- Booklist"This very funny tale speaks to the challenge many kids face in choosing to act independently." -- School Library Journal
About the Author
David Shannon is the internationally acclaimed creator of more than 30 picture books, including No, David!, a Caldecott Honor Book and his second New York Times Best Illustrated Book of the Year, and four more David picture books. Shannon's bestsellers include A Bad Case of Stripes, Duck on a Bike, and Too Many Toys. He lives in Southern California with his family and Roy, their West Highland White Terrier.
- Publisher : The Blue Sky Press; Illustrated edition (April 7, 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 40 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1338251015
- ISBN-13 : 978-1338251012
- Reading age : 3 - 5 years
- Lexile measure : AD460L
- Grade level : Preschool - Kindergarten
- Item Weight : 1 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.7 x 0.5 x 11.2 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #79,688 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Amazon Customer on February 25, 2021