Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Ruth Soukup
Through her top-ranked Do It Scared® podcast and her wildly popular Ruth Soukup Weekly newsletter, which reaches more than a million weekly subscribers, she provides easy-to-follow guidance for following your dreams and reaching your goals.
She is also the founder of the Living Well Planner®, Living Well Spending Less®, and Elite Blog Academy®, as well as the author of six bestselling books. Her practical advice has been featured all over, including in Women's Day, Entrepreneur, TODAY, Martha Stewart Living, Family Circle and Fox News. She lives in Florida with her husband Chuck and two daughters, Maggie and Annie.
Find out more & subscribe to Ruth's weekly newsletter at www.RuthSoukup.com
Customers Also Bought Items By
Equal parts inspiration and tough love, Do it Scared combines practical, easy-to-implement strategies for overcoming fear and resistance in your life, along with the motivation and encouragement to actually start making real changes that lead to big results.
From identifying your unique Fear Archetype™ to adopting the Principles of Courage, and then, most importantly, learning how to take focused action in the right direction, it is the the book designed to help you not only face your fears head on, but create a concrete action plan that will help you move forward, so that you can finally start creating the life you've always dreamed of--a life you love.
It is the go-to-guide for anyone who has ever felt stuck, or who feels like you are sitting on the sidelines of your own life, afraid to truly dive in and go after your goals and dreams wholeheartedly. It's for anyone who has ever said no when they wished they dared say yes.
Want to Know if This Book is for You?
- Do you ever feel like life is passing you by?
- Have you ever let fear hold you back from pursuing a goal or dream?
- Do you ever worry about making a mistake or getting it wrong?
- Have you ever felt like you're not even sure what you really want out of life, but you know it's something?
- Do you ever envy people who dare to do the things you don't dare to do?
- Have you ever said no when you wished you dared say yes?
- Have you ever felt regret for a chance or an opportunity you didn't take?
- Do you ever worry about what other people might say if you tried something new?
- Have you ever felt like there must be something more out there for you?
Action is the Antidote to Fear
We tell ourselves we are too busy to pursue our dreams. But what if the real reason we're putting off our goals is FEAR?
The fear that we're not good enough, not smart or talented or capable enough. It's the fear that others might laugh at us, or that we'll get hurt or be rejected, or that pursuing our true potential will be too hard. The fear that we'll fail.
But courage doesn't mean we are never afraid. True courage means taking action, despite the fear.
That's why in Do It Scared, you will:
- Identify your own unique Fear Archetype™ - the specific type of fear that keeps you stuck - and learn how to conquer it.
- Dare to start thinking bigger about your life and your goals while you also create a concrete plan of action for how to get there.
- Learn how to foster accountability in order to stay motivated and accomplish big things.
- Embrace a new set of core beliefs--the Principles of Courage--that will allow you to push past fear in your own life.
- Learn why the most powerful secret to success is already in your grasp--you just have to know how to use it.
In Search of the Good Life
Have you ever felt that your life--and budget--is spiraling out of control? Do you sometimes wish you could pull yourself together but wonder exactly how to manage all the scattered pieces of a chaotic life? Is it possible to find balance? In a word, yes Ruth Soukup knows firsthand how stressful an unorganized life and budget can be. Through personal stories, biblical truth, and practical action plans, she will inspire you to make real and lasting changes to your personal goals, home, and finances. With honesty and the wisdom of someone who has been there, Ruth will help you:
* Discover your "sweet spot"--that place where your talents and abilities intersect.
* Take back your time and schedule by making simple shifts in your daily habits.
* Reduce stress in your home and family by clearing out the clutter.
* Stop busting your budget and learn to cut your grocery bill in half.
Who Needs This Book?
Living Well, Spending Less was written to bring hope and encouragement to every woman who currently feels overwhelmed or stressed with a life--and budget--that feels out of control. It speaks to the mom trying to juggle all the demands of a busy life with the pressure to keep up with those around her. It is a practical guide for those of us who often long to pull ourselves together but don't always know how. It is real, honest, packed with practical tips, and speaks to the heart of the matter--how can we live the life we've always wanted? Want to know if this book is for you?
* Do you ever find yourself comparing your life to those around you?
* Have you ever wished for the courage to follow your dreams?
* Do you ever struggle to stay organized or get things done?
* Have you ever felt loaded down with stuff you don't really need....or even really want?
* Do you ever struggle to keep your finances on track?
* Do you sometimes long for deeper, more authentic relationships in your life?
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, this book provides real and practical solutions from someone who has been there. Ruth doesn't just offer advice, she walks it with you, and shares with brutal honesty her own mistakes, failures, and shortcomings. It is encouraging, motivating, and life-changing.
What Others Are Saying:
"An incredible book that will teach you how to spend smart without compromising a great life. Ruth's stories and practical advice will make you want to be a better mother, wife, sister, and friend." --RACHEL CRUZE, coauthor with Dave Ramsey of Smart Money Smart Kids
"Ruth knows firsthand how mamas like us live crazy busy lives, and she steps in as a friend to help us manage and love every minute of it. She offers her best tips for gaining control over the chaos with wisdom-based insights on all things thrifty and family. I'll be reading it again and again!" --RENEE SWOPE, bestselling author of A Confident Heart
Whether you have been blogging for years or just a few weeks, How to Blog For Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) offers solid advice and practical action plans for creating an authentic, successful, and profitable blog.
With wit, wisdom, and the insight of someone who’s been there, Ruth Soukup shares how she grew her own blog, Living Well Spending Less, to over one million monthly visitors, earns a full time income, and still is able to write about the things she truly cares about.
In this expanded 2nd Edition of How to Blog for Profit you will:
• Stop comparing your blog to those around you and instead learn to leverage your own unique assets.
• Discover the secrets to creating amazing, compelling blog content that brings readers back again and again.
• Learn how to increase your blog traffic and build solid platform through field-tested strategies.
• Develop a solid social media strategy for capturing viral growth through Pinterest and Facebook.
• Dramatically boost your revenue through diversified income streams.
• Improve your productivity, learning to work smarter not harder, and take concrete steps to transform your blog into a business.
Ever feel like your budget has gone off track, or make it to the end of the month and wonder where your money actually went? A month of no-spending is the perfect way to reset your spending habits, but doing it alone can seem downright scary.
What if there was a simple resource that offered a month of daily challenges for spending not just less, but absolutely ZERO. What if you could gain confidence from daily ideas for planning your meals, getting your home in order, and becoming more creative—all without spending a dime?
31 Days of Living Well & Spending Zero is that resource.
As you work through the ideas found in month-long challenge, you will:
Discover the surprising joy of zero spending, and make instant changes that will totally transform your attitude.
- Learn how to use the food you already have on hand to create delicious, budget friendly meals for your family.
- Be inspired to clean and declutter your living space in order to create the cozy space you’ve always dreamed of.
- Gather innovative ideas for using those items you already have on hand to create new solutions for old problems.
- Find encouragement and inspiration from others who have completed this same challenge—and lived to tell the tale.
- Learn simple tricks and tips for selling your stuff, slashing your bills, and even saving on food.
New York Times bestselling author Ruth Soukup feels your pain--she has been there too. Through personal stories, Biblical truth, and practical action plans,she will inspire and empower each of us to finally declutter not justour home, but our mind and soul as well. Unstuffed is real,honest, and gets right down to the question we are all facing--how canwe take back our lives from the stuff that is weighing us down?
In this book we will:
- Create a comprehensive vision for our homes, and make instant changes to improve its overall function.
- Discover that more closet space is not the solution, and instead learn how to set strict limits for the stuff we bring in
- Overcome the frustration of dealing with our kids' influx of stuff and implement practical solutions for keeping the chaos at bay.
- Recognize the pitfalls of an overstuffed schedule BEFORE it gets out of hand, andinstead learn to combat the culture of busy that keeps us running fromone thing to the next.
- Finally conquer that mountain of paperwork that threatens to tumble down around us at any moment.
- Let go of the guilt that gets attached to gifts and instead learn to separate our loved ones from their stuff.
- Begin to cultivate our real friendships while eliminating the toxic relationships that weigh us down.
Unstuffed was written for anyone who feels stressed out or weighed down by a life that feel chaotic, out-of-control, and completely overstuffed. Itspeaks to the mom who is overwhelmed by the clutter that comes pouringinto every facet of her home and schedule, from trinkets and paperworkto endless obligations and activities.
It is for thewoman who craves not just a step-by-step guide to ridding our lives ofSTUFF, but a true understanding of why our lives become so stuffed inthe first place--and what we can do to stop the madness, once and forall.
Most of all, it is for the person who is tired offeeling guilty for not being able to do it all, the woman who can't ever quite seem to keep up with other people's obligations of what her homeis supposed to be, the mom who is exhausted by always trying to get itright.
Want to know if this book is for you?
- Have you ever found yourself buying more storage containers to organize stuff you probably should have just gotten rid of?
- Do you ever find yourself frustrated that even when you do manage to get your house cleaned up, it never seems to stay that way?
- Do you sometimes feel like you can't keep up with all the activities and obligations you have committed to?
- Do you ever struggle to find an important piece of paper because there are just too many pieces of paper to keep track of?
- Have you ever felt guilty for getting rid of something that was a gift, orheld on to something you didn't really like because someone gave it toyou?
- Do you feel like there are people in your life who simply suck the life out of you?
- Have you ever felt like you need more balance?
Is Your STUFF Controlling Your Life?
Ruth Soukup knows all too well how stressful it can be to have a home packed to the gills, with an overbooked schedule to match. After years of overspending left her wallet painfully empty and her home painfully full, she realized it was time for a massive change. She began clearing her life—and her home—of clutter, one small step at a time.
Now, over the course of thirty-one simple but powerful daily challenges she is sharing exactly how you can do it too. 31 Days to a Clutter Free Life will empower and inspire you to clear your life of the clutter that is filling up your home, mind, and schedule, once and for all.
Over the course of this one-month challenge, you can:
- Eliminate clutter in all areas of your home and instead create functional spaces for all of your family’s many activities.
- Replace chaotic counters and overstuffed cupboards with a calming kitchen that makes cooking a joy.
- Overcome the destructive cycle of always needing more by paring down belongings to those you truly love.
- Stop overcommitting and instead learn to say no without guilt.
- Reduce stress in your home and family by clearing out the excess stuff that takes up so much of your time and energy.
- Create practical and functional storage solutions for every room in your home.
- Develop a working control center that keeps your entire family organized and on track.
- Learn the four simple strategies to staying clutter free forever.
What if, one month from today, your life could be different?
At any given time, most of us are stressed out with homes and schedules that feel chaotic and out of control. It is easy to be overwhelmed with the vast quantities of stuff that comes pouring into our homes, from trinkets and paperwork to endless obligations and activities. Wouldn't it be nice to finally have a step-by-step guide to ridding our life of clutter, and instead creating an oasis of calm and order?
Simple Daily Assignments
Over the course of thirty-one simple but powerful daily challenges, this book will empower, enable, and inspire you to clear life of the clutter that is filling up you home, mind, and schedule
Join the Clutter Free Challenge
Join thousands of LivingWellSpendingLess.com readers in completing this life-changing challenge. You can check in on the blog, or use the hashtag #LWSLClutterFree to share your own progress on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Find accountability & get support of others who have committed to becoming clutter free as well.
The challenge begins on LivingWellSpendingLess.com this October, but you don't have to wait. Get the entire challenge now in convenient book format. A clutter free life is waiting.....are you ready to embrace it?
Have you ever felt that your life—and budget—is spiraling out of control? Clutter spilling onto counters and coffee tables, creating havoc everywhere you look?
Do you sometimes wish you could pull yourself together but wonder exactly how to manage all the scattered pieces of a (normal) chaotic life?
Regardless of the never quite-enough message society wants to give us, always wanting more and ending up having too much is not the Good Life God intended. More than setting and sticking to a budget; more than quitting the constant filling of our spaces with deals on more stuff—we must fill our hearts with the truth of God's Word and allow it to change what our hearts desire.
The Good Life is one defined not by what we have but by who we are. If you feel stressed out or overwhelmed, this study will help you discover the way to a life rich in faith, family, friends—and a budget that balances with space to breathe. Take back your life from the stuff that is weighing you down!
Ruth Soukup, New York Times bestselling author and popular blogger, knows all too well how overwhelming it can feel to have a life filled with too many things. Through personal stories, biblical principles, and practical action plans, she will inspire you to make real and lasting changes to your personal goals, home, and finances while decluttering your mind and soul.
This 8-week study will help you:
- Find balance by letting go of unhealthy habits that compete for our hearts and spirits.
- Discover your "sweet spot"—that place where your talents and abilities intersect.
- Take back your time and schedule by making simple shifts in your daily routines.
- Reduce stress in your home and family by clearing out the clutter.
- Stop busting your budget and learn to cut your grocery bill in half.
- Discover how to set strict limits for the stuff we bring into our space.
- Overcome frustration and implement practical solutions for keeping the chaos at bay.
- Recognize the pitfalls of an overstuffed schedule and learn to combat the culture of busy.
This study guide is designed for use with the Living Well, Spending Less / Unstuffed Video Study (sold separately).
How do you teach a child to dream big and shoot for the stars? In this inspiring story, a young bunny named Zippy dreams of traveling to space. When the opportunity to attend space camp arrives, she worries she might not be capable enough to compete with other kids. But Zippy’s desire to build her rocket is bigger than her fear of failing, and through hard work and creativity works to make her dreams come true.
New York Times bestselling author Ruth Soukup empowers children everywhere to dream big and live a life they love. How Big Is Your Brave? encourages readers to face their fears and overcome obstacles in order to follow their dreams and reach their goals.
How Big Is Your Brave? is:
- Great for boys and girls, ages 4–8
- An excellent choice for STEM storytime and sparking discussions about STEM fields
- A great resource to teach young children about confidence, self-esteem, and the value of hard work
Through whimsical illustrations and encouraging text, children will discover how standing up to fears (both big and small) makes them stronger and unstoppable.