Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Sally Lloyd-Jones
Born in Kampala, Uganda, raised in East, and West Africa and at a boarding school in the New Forest, the first book she ever remembers reading all the way through was THE COMPLETE NONSENSE by Edward Lear. Things have not been the same since.
She lives in Manhattan and enjoys dividing her time between the front half of her apartment and the back.
Customers Also Bought Items By
If you are a parent, grandparent, pastor, or teacher looking for a way to teach the children in your life about God’s Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love, look no further than The Jesus Storybook Bible.
What makes The Jesus Storybook Bible different from other kids’ bibles? While other kids’ bibles contain stories from the Old and New Testaments, The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the Story beneath all the stories in the Bible, pointing to Jesus as our Savior. From the Old Testament through the New Testament, as the Story unfolds, children will clearly see that Jesus is at the center of God’s great story of salvation—and at the center of their story too.
The Jesus Storybook Bible:
Visually brings scripture to life for children ages 4–12
Contains 21 stories from the Old Testament & 23 stories from the New Testament
Presents the best-loved stories of the Bible in an easy-to-understand format
Features the bestselling writing of Sally Lloyd-Jones & award-winning illustrations of Jago
Includes bright illustrations
The Jesus Storybook Bible has sold over 2 million copies! Check out the rest of the series, The Jesus Storybook Bible Coloring Book, The Jesus Storybook Bible Christmas Collection, and the adult adaptation The Story of God's Love for You.
From Sally Lloyd-Jones, the author of the bestselling The Jesus Storybook Bible, comes an uplifting new board book in a soft padded format that is a perfect fit for little hands. Inspired by Psalm 139—which begins, “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me” —Near’s lyrical text reminds little ones that God is with them anywhere they go in God’s wide world.
God is my Father who made everything.
And I am a little explorer of the wide world.
He is near me
And he protects me.
He sees me
And he knows me.
He is strong
And he looks after me.
He is with me—always!
- Is written by Sally Lloyd-Jones, the bestselling author of The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Contains lyrical text inspired by Psalm 139
- Contains a reassuring message that helps calm kids’ nerves, soothe their anxieties, and ease their fears
- Features a soft padded format that is a perfect fit for little hands
- Is a great gift for a new baby, First Communion, or birthday
From the creators of the bestselling Jesus Storybook Bible—with over two million copies sold—comes Found, a board book retelling of Psalm 23 in very child-friendly language that helps little ones know they are always cared for and protected by God. And the colorful, engaging illustrations that show a shepherd with his sheep will hold your child's interest as you snuggle up and read together.
The Lord is my Shepherd. And I am his little lamb. Through words young kids can understand, and vibrant illustrations of a shepherd and his flock that pair perfectly with the text, your child can experience the comfort and security of Psalm 23. And the sturdy board book format makes it a story you can read together over and over again to encounter God's Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.
- Is a padded board book with rounded corners that holds up to repeated use, and is the perfect size for laptop reading time
- Is ideal for children 0–4
- Contains a reassuring message that helps calm kids’ nerves, soothe their anxieties, and ease their fears
- Pairs Sally Lloyd-Jones' retelling of Psalm 23 with artwork that helps make the words come to life for kids
- Is the perfect gift for baby showers, birthdays, and baptisms
- Is part of the Jesus Storybook Bible group of products, which also includes the board books Loved and Near, the Jesus Storybook Deluxe Edition, Jesus Storybook Bible audio, and the Jesus Storybook Bible Coloring Book
It’s an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It’s a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne—everything—to rescue the one he loves. The best thing about this Story is—it’s true! And at the center of the Story, there is a baby. The Child upon whom everything would depend.
All the stars, mountains, oceans, and galaxies were nothing compared to how much God loved his children. He would move heaven and earth to be near them. Always. Whatever happened, whatever it cost him, he would always love them. And so it was that the wonderful love story began.
The Story of God’s Love for You:
- Is for teenagers and adults who want to read and learn about the story of God’s love for them
- Includes 44 short chapters that lead you through the beautiful story of the Bible—Genesis to Revelation
- Masterfully shows how all the individual Bible stories fit together into one cohesive narrative that points to Jesus
- Makes the big picture of Scripture clear to new believers, and helps seasoned believers fall in love with the Bible all over again
- Features text from bestselling author Sally Lloyd-Jones that brings the truths of the Bible into a new light for today’s world
The beauty and peace that only God’s love can provide pulses through every page. Just as The Jesus Storybook Bible is an essential book for the library of every child, The Story of God’s Love for You is an essential book for the library of every adolescent and adult.
Are you searching for a way to teach God’s truth and purpose to your young children? The creators of the bestselling Jesus Storybook Bible created a gorgeous and innovative collection of 101 simple-yet-profound thoughts on faith. Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing is perfect for family devotions, bedtime, storytime, or even as a companion to The Jesus Storybook Bible.
Jago and Sally Lloyd-Jones’ Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing:
- Is perfect for children ages 6 to 10
- Shares profound spiritual truths from the Bible in a conversational tone—drawing insights from creation, history, science, the writings of great thinkers and preachers and writers, and more
- Is accessible yet theologically rich revealing biblical truth in word and image—all working together and designed to do one thing: to make the reader’s heart sing
Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing is a thoughtful gift for birthdays, baptisms, baby showers, adoption celebrations, Valentine’s Day, Easter, and holiday gift giving. Sally Lloyd-Jones’ rich text and Jago’s award winning illustrations will turn your child’s eyes toward the God who loves them with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.
H, Little O, and Baby Em are stuck in the city for the summer with only their pet goldfish—Barracuda, Patch, and Fiss—for company. It's looking like it might be a pretty boring vacation, but one day, something exciting happens. Someone starts fixing up the old fountain down the street—the one Grandpa says horses used to drink from before everyone had cars—and a sign appears: "Calling All Goldfish Looking for a Summer Home." H, Little O, and Baby Em can't wait to send their goldfish on vacation, and the fish, well, they seem pretty excited too. Based on the true story of Hamilton Fountain in New York City, this charming tale of one special summer will delight readers young and old. Author’s Note included.
Praise for How to Be a Baby . . . by Me, the Big Sister by Sally Lloyd-Jones:
"This book is adorable, original, well-illustrated and fabulous." —The New York Times
Praise for Jackrabbit McCabe and the Electric Telegraph, illustrated by Leo Espinosa:
"Espinosa creates colorful, dynamic images that burst from the page." —Booklist
Historias Bíblicas de Jesús para niños cuenta la historia que subyace detrás de todas las otras historias de la Biblia.
En el centro de la historia se encuentra un niño, el niño del cual dependería todo. Cada relato susurra su nombre. Desde los tiempos de Noé, Moisés y el gran rey David, toda historia apunta hacia él. Es como la pieza que falta en un rompecabezas… la pieza que hace que todas las demás encajen en su lugar.
Desde el Antiguo Testamento hasta el Nuevo Testamento, conforme la historia se desenvuelve, los niños recogerán los indicios y armarán el rompecabezas. Siendo una Biblia como ninguna otra, Historias Bíblicas de Jesús para niños invita a los niños a unirse en la mayor de todas las aventuras para descubrir por sí mismos que Jesús está en el centro de la gran historia divina de la salvación… y en el centro de la historia de ellos también.
From the creators of the bestselling Jesus Storybook Bible—with over two million copies sold—comes Loved, a board book retelling of the Lord's Prayer in very child-friendly language that helps little ones learn to pray. And the colorful, engaging contemporary illustrations that bring the words to life will hold your child's interest as you read together.
- Is ideal for children ages 0-4
- Teaches little ones how to pray
- Pairs Sally Lloyd-Jones' retelling of the Lord's Prayer with colorful artwork that shows how the words apply to children's everyday lives
- Is part of the Jesus Storybook Bible series, which also includes Found, the Jesus Storybook Deluxe Edition, Jesus Storybook Bible audio, and the Jesus Storybook Bible Coloring Book
Even the youngest kids can experience God's Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love in this book that presents the Lord's Prayer in words any child can understand. With vibrant new illustrations, you and your child can explore Jesus' timeless teaching together in a new and fresh way.
Celebrate the amazing world that’s waiting for you each and every day! Discover the special and unique talents waiting inside of you to share with each and every person you meet! From the mind of beloved author Sally Lloyd-Jones comes this beautifully illustrated picture book with a much-needed and inspiring message to any child who wonders, "What can I do?"
Follow along as tiny wren marvels at the incredible wildlife around her—from fish to eagles, insects to plants—all the while wishing she had a special gift of her own to share. As she takes in the beauty of the world, she discovers a unique talent that’s been inside her all along.
Baby Wren and the Great Gift combines the sweet and gentle words of bestselling author Sally Lloyd-Jones with the beautiful illustrations of Jen Corace. This rich and colorful picture book encourages each and every little boy and girl to discover the amazing gifts within them to share with this wonderful world.
Baby Wren and the Great Gift:
- Is written by Sally Lloyd-Jones, bestselling author of the beloved Jesus Storybook Bible, which has sold over one million copies
- Contains inspirational text that inspires children to recognize and bask in the wonders of the world while encouraging them to discover and share the unique wonders within themselves
- Features the work of Jen Corace, the illustrator of many books for children
The New York Times praised this best-selling picture book as "adorable, original, well-illustrated and fabulous." In this first book in the How-To Series (which includes How To Get Married and How to Get a Job), the know-it-all big sister narrator tells it like it is: When you're a baby you don't read books. You eat them. You don't know how old you are, or even if you're a boy or a girl. And you have to keep a special plug in your mouth to stop your scream from coming out. But one day, you won't be little anymore, and then you'll be taller and smarter, and actually quite clever. Like the narrator. And you'll be able to share memories of what it was like when you were little with your incredible Big Sister.
Is it twinkling lights? Angels? Stars? This rhyming story by Sally Lloyd-Jones (the best-selling author of The Jesus Storybook Bible) helps children relate favorite holiday symbols to the true story of Christmas—the night Jesus was born.