|Item Weight||7.93 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||3.95 x 43.5 x 2.32 inches|
|Item model number||HW-Q60R|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||Yes|
|Speaker Type||Surround Sound|
Samsung HW-Q60R Harman Kardon 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer, Acoustic Beam Technology, Adaptive Sound, Game Mode, 4K Pass-Through with HDR, Bluetooth Compatible, 360-Watts, Black
- Product Dimensions: 43.3" W x 2.32" H x 3.93" D | Spk (sub woofer) Net Dimension: 8.07" W x 13.89" H x 11.93" D
- Includes: Remote Control, Battery, Wall Mount Kit and Optical Cable
- Balanced, room-filling sound: 5. 1 Channel sound bar combines Samsung innovation with Harmon Kardon audio Technical expertise to bring state-of-the-art sound to the home theater entertainment experience
- Samsung Acoustic beam: Samsung Acoustic beam technology mixes and delivers the sound so it appears to come precisely where movie and game action is happening on screen
- Adaptive sound: adaptive sound technology analyzes the sound signal and delivers optimized sound and clear voices even on low volumes
- Game mode Pro: powerful subwoofers and up-firing speakers provide immersive surround sound with a unique setting that boosts game sound effects
- 4K pass-through with HDR10: built-in 4K pass-through for connecting to UHD 4K and HDR10 sources for a seamless audio experience that matches your video
- Frequency Response (amp): 42Hz~20kHz, Number of Speakers: 8
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Discover Q-level Sound
Get into the action with panoramic sound
The Q60R Soundbar is the perfect audio match to your QLED TV. Immerse yourself in your favorite movies, music and TV shows, with directional sound that's perfectly synced with on-screen action.
HW-Q60R Key Features
Samsung Acoustic Beam
Delivers a panoramic audio experience with directional sound that makes it feel like you are part of the scene.
Dedicated Center Channel
Never miss a word with a center channel dedicated for the sole purpose of delivering clear dialogue.
Feel the intensity of the action and the rhythm of the music with the rich, powerful bass of the wireless subwoofer.
Hear it all with Adaptive Sound which analyzes the content and delivers optimized sound with clear voices.
Game Mode Pro
Claim more glorious victories with rich sound that transports you to the center of the action. Your soundbar detects when you’re gaming and automatically optimizes the sound in real time.*
*When game console is connected to select 2019 Samsung TVs via HDMI (all QLED TVs, RU7400 series, and above).
Optimized for QLED
The HW-Q60R Soundbar is optimized to work seamlessly with Samsung QLED TVs. Enjoy Plug-and-Play connectivity via wired or wireless connections, control both TV and soundbar with the Samsung OneRemote* and fine-tune your sound right from the TV menu.
*Available with select Samsung TVs.
With 4K pass-through built in, connecting 4K video sources like your game console is easy. It even works with HDR 10 sources, allowing you to enjoy audio with pristine quality matching that of your video.*
*HDR 10 picture quality output available with equivalent input
The HW-Q60R Soundbar includes Bluetooth for easy wireless connections to other devices. Enjoy music from your mobile, no strings attached.
Wireless Surround Kit
An optional Wireless Surround Kit lets you expand your sound system easily without the mess of wires.* When paired with your soundbar it creates a true surround sound experience.
*Sold separately. The wireless module requires a power cable. Rear speakers are connected to the module by cable.
Elevate your TV Sound
The HW-Q60R is optimized to work seamlessly with your QLED and deliver a superior entertainment experience.
More from Samsung
Compare with similar items
Samsung HW-Q6CR/ZAR 5.1 Soundbar, Black (Renewed)
Samsung HW-R60C 3.1 Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
Samsung 2.1 Soundbar HW-R450 with Wireless Subwoofer, Bluetooth Compatible, Smart Sound Mode, Game Mode, 200-Watts
Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer: S350 2.1ch Sound Bar and Powerful Subwoofer - Home Theater Surround Sound Speaker System for TV - Bluetooth and HDMI Arc Compatible Bar
Samsung HW-R60C/ZAR 3.1ch Soundbar, Black (Renewed)
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||PrimeTimeBuys||Amazon.com||Amazing Dealzzz||Focus Camera LLC||PrimeTimeBuys|
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth, HDMI, USB||Bluetooth, USB, HDMI||Bluetooth||Bluetooth||Bluetooth, HDMI||Bluetooth, USB, HDMI|
|Item Dimensions||3.95 x 43.50 x 2.32 inches||—||41.70 x 3.40 x 2.30 inches||2.77 x 35.72 x 2.10 inches||41.02 x 20.35 x 9.80 inches||—|
|Item Weight||7.93 pounds||—||13.08 pounds||3.30 pounds||28.00 pounds||—|
|Speaker Type||Surround Sound||Soundbar||Soundbar||Surround Sound||Soundbar||Soundbar|
With directional sound that's perfectly synced with on-screen action, the Samsung Harman Kardon 5.1 Soundbar HW-Q60R immerses you in your favorite movies, music, games and TV shows. Combining 65 years of Samsung innovation with Harmon Kardon audio technical expertise, the 360-watt Q60R soundbar features Samsung Acoustic Beam technology for sound that travels in sync with the action on screen. Adaptive Sound technology automatically enhances voice clarity on low volumes, analyzing and automatically delivering optimized sound based on each scene. For gamers, Game Mode Pro offers a unique setting that boosts game sound effects for an immersive gaming experience. Home theater enthusiasts will appreciate the 4K pass-through option with HDR10 compatibility, allowing you to pass-through high definition audio with pristine quality matching that of your UHD HDR video. Connecting the wireless soundbar to your Samsung QLED TV is easy via Bluetooth, allowing you to eliminate the clutter of wires. The soundbar is wireless surround sound ready with the addition of an optional Wireless Surround Kit (sold separately) to expand your soundbar and subwoofer into a multi-channel home theater system.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Setup is very simple. If you know where you’re going to put these speakers, it’ll take you less than 10 minutes.
• Using a Samsung TV, this integrated phenomenally as the TV already knew what it was, and gave me the control to use my own television remote with the speakers.
• Listening from Foo Fighters to Lady Gaga, everything was well balanced on the bass. It just makes everything immersive as the speakers are built on a solid bass foundation.
• The Game Pro sound is another little nugget that I really joy. Integrating a PS4, the system detected the PS4 automatically and selected the low input lag game mode. Playing “Need for Speed,” the sound experience brings you to a new level that headphones can’t match.
• The overall built quality is all premium. A metal finish to the edges and rear while still keeping it simple (not flashy), makes this a valuable accessory for your television. It’s a design format where it doesn’t draw any attention but, looking up close, you know that it’s the good stuff.
• Wireless rear speakers! No long cables running from the front to the back of the room.
• The wireless rear speakers are identical in performance and design with the main soundbar. One reason why is because all the speakers have identical drivers that results in a fantastic tonal balance for the whole system.
• Because of identical drivers, it’s easier to move the speakers around the three-dimensional soundstage without noticeably changing character from speaker to speaker.
• The only noticeable thing you’ll see is an only a simple LED display over on the front far right of the soundbar. No giant bright blinking lights, or glow on logos. Turning off my lights, I wouldn’t even know I had it.
• Touch sensitive buttons on the soundbar for volume level, inputs, and basically everything you need in a quick layout.
• The simplest things really make a big impression on this. One example, I notice with the power cables that it’s a two-pin format. The purpose is so the extra wire can connect into a groove in the underside of each speaker, thus keeping things orderly. The simple things.
• The controller is comfortable to hold. I found the enjoyment of seeing buttons for setting treble, bass, audio sync, and the levels of the various speakers.
• One of the highlights is the Adaptive Sound mode. To summarize, it analyses the audio and processes the sound using the appropriate channels. Watching news, it will give emphasis for clear and focused dialogue. With Foo Fighters, listening to their song “The Pretenders,” the mode will spread the sound across the front of the room, and watching the NBA Finals, it enhances the crowd experience. The main goal is to feel like you’re in the room, and they’ve nailed it.
• The Surround mode is mainly for films because it upscales the content by using all speakers. I’m not going to lie, but watching the first 20 minutes of “Saving Private Ryan” will shake you in awe and intensity.
• Built-in Wi-Fi Bluetooth works flawlessly, and I didn’t get any forms of disconnection on the iPhone. Go to my Bluetooth and it stated: “'Samsung Soundbar Q90R.” Music/library is right there, no hiccups, no nothing.
• Really love the SmartThings App. Using my iPhone as the system controller was quicker and more convenient than having the issue when the remote goes missing. Very efficient as I used this than the remote.
• Using an Amazon Alexa, you’ll be a happy person if you’re planning to listen to music with this.
• Everything is connected. Wireless speakers are automatically in sync with the soundbar. There were no delays when I turned it on.
• As mentioned, you have the speaker’s controller, your TV remote, to machine itself, and your iPhone as a controller. If one fails, you have 3 other backups.
• Can also play AAC, OGG, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and FLAC, with high-resolution support up to 32-bit.
• For the more knowledgeable in speakers, it supports eARC, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
Cons and Oks:__________
• The sound bar is very heavy. You’ll need some support if you want to wall mount it.
• We noticed that by plugging in the PS4 into the soundbar you lose the option of the TV being able to use the one remote function to control the PS4.
• Not all the time, but plugging in the PS4 the TV no longer recognized that I have a PS4, so the automatic switching into games mode for games and HDR for movies wasn’t performing. Note that this has happened maybe 3 times, but it’s something that should be noted.
• When installing the speakers, there is no auto-calibration, and no test tone to help you out. For those who don’t know where to, correctly, place the surround speakers, you’re relying only on yourself.
• Some of the sound modes I wrote in more detail because the manual is poorly made. Each mode is unique in its own way and the manual doesn’t even explain the different sound modes, not to mention when to use them.
• One of the worse things. No Google assistant or Appley Airplay. I’ve used Chromecast for years and it stinks that these speakers can’t be used fully when using Chromecast. I really hope a software update will fix this issue.
• Only two HDMI inputs. Basically your TV and a gaming console.
• The setup is simple, but they’re so many features that I wish this system can guide you through upon “setting up.”
• The sound bar is really designed for a larger TV screen, but with the price I expect you already have that.
• We installed these speakers on Samsung television. I assume any television will provide you the same results in communication with the speakers. Still, I can’t guarantee it.
After putting it through hell and back, I can say that these speakers are brilliantly well made. Note that I don’t own this machine, but my colleague acquired one. We set it up, and I tested everything I can with these speakers. From music to films, to games, to movies, to the news, I tried to find something wrong but I couldn’t in regards to performance.
The only issues I really had was initially setting up the speakers in the first place. It's super quick to set up but I want to set up the speakers the correct way, not the fastest way. With no auto calibration or test tone, you’re really in the dark on where to correctly put your speakers. But even this issue can be resolved with a little effort.
In the end, the Sony HT-FZ9 or the Yamaha YSP-5600 are cheaper options, yet this system provides an experience is beyond words. From the built quality to the adaptability, you’re getting a fully immersive experience that only a few systems on the market, as of 2019, can provide.
Overall: With these speakers, you’re traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.
Hope I was a help to you.
The sound however is a different story. It’s not consistent at all. Once minute dialog can sound warm, the next it sounds like it’s full of treble and tearing at higher volumes. You can adjust bass and treble from + to - 6. Doesn’t seem to actually have any effect on sound though. The subwoofer adjustment does work though. There aren’t many adjustments you can make. There are 4 sound modes. Standard, Surround, Adaptive, and Game. None of them are particularly pleasing to the ear. Full of treble that can’t be removed. Also hear crackles and pops in the audio. I can’t believe the 15 year old receiver sounds better than this sound bar.
Disappointed to say the least.
TLDR: If you mainly watch movies and TV, this is highly recommended. Probably the best bar I've ever heard. If you mainly watch concerts and music videos, I'd recommend a more traditional 5.1 system with large, floorstanding speakers.
Top international reviews
pero su punto débil es la música. Como videos musicales y conciertos la verdad ahí me decepciono bastante