Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
The Scarlet Queen: An Epic Space Opera/Time Travel Adventure (The Crimson Deathbringer Series) Hardcover – July 6, 2021
Enhance your purchase
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
- ASIN : B098VK8ZV1
- Publisher : Independently published (July 6, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 309 pages
- ISBN-13 : 979-8523781186
- Item Weight : 1.03 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.97 x 8.5 inches
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In chapter 26 of book 5, Xornaa and her team are fighting many Zuuvreil soldiers on the planet Zegides. I can overlook misspelled words like ‘the’ for ‘they’ or ‘ant’ for ‘and,’ I cannot excuse the three times ‘Irzut soldiers’ was used to describe ‘Zuuvreil soldiers!
1. Several Irzuts were pushing a three-barrel laser cannon fixed on antigravity plates toward them.
2. She (CM) tossed her remaining grenade at the cannot once she got close enough. The explosive landed right on top of the weapon. Irzut soldiers ran in every direction before a blinding flash flared and killed several of them.
3. Another volley of shots reminded Xornaa that there were still hundreds of Irzuts in front of her. She swallowed, placed her rifle’s sight on an advancing soldier, and pulled the trigger.
4. These misprints occurred within a few paragraphs of each other, and in each case, the word ‘Irzuts’ should have been ‘Zuuvreil.’
I’ve already pre-ordered book 6 in the series, but I won’t waste my money on any more of Mr. Robins' books!
The characters are sympathetic and the female characters well drawn for an admittedly male author. I loved the Scarlet Queen and the surprise at the end was exceptionally well done and reminiscent of a movie in which....oops, spoiler!
Perhaps the best in the series, I look forward to the next Sean Robins story. Very much enjoyed the action and the behind the scenes peek in this captivating space opera.
It turns out that Scarlet Queen is a prequel to the series, Scarlet Deathbringer. Wanna' know about time ships, or where the Zuuvreil went? Then this is the book for you! You're definitely gonna' want to follow Xornaa (the femme fatal), Klatzo (the genius), and CM (the AI) to see what they're all getting up to, and time isn't the issue for them... or maybe it's the entire issue! LOL
Being able to see how the previous books were brought together and made to look even more tied together was amazing. Also, i think this showed an ability that not a lot of writers have and that is mixing genres in the same book without it becoming a jumbled mess. Loved the time travel paradox with multiple versions of the same character being created, but with personalities of their own.
I'm on board for this series more than ever and I would advise any sci-fi fans to invest in this series for the freshness we have all been looking for.