|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
The Science of Powerful Focus: 23 Methods for More Productivity, More Discipline, Less Procrastination, and Less Stress (Live a Disciplined Life Book 8) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
The Latest Psychological Tools For Optimal Personal Performance
Whatever your goal, your biggest obstacle will always be you. But how can you navigate yourself?
Peter Hollins gives you the concrete and actionable tools to get from Point A to Point B - he doesn't just tell you to believe in yourself. Whether that's about getting things done, understanding subject matter, or understanding yourself, he breaks down complex topics into bite-sized chunks for your consumption.
Goals without a plan are just dreams. Peter Hollins will arm you with everything you need to engineer the life that you are shooting for.
Half a Million Books Sold and Thousands of Reviews - Trust Him
Peter Hollins is a bestselling author, human psychology researcher, and a dedicated student of the human condition. He possesses a BS in psychology and a graduate degree, and has worked with dozens of people from all walks of life.
He enjoys hiking with his family, drinking craft beers, and attempting to paint. He is based in Seattle, Washington.
- Two kudos up for the fact the author started with discipline and willpower because, they are almost the same as focus. They are all things you'd rather not do, but have to, so learning about how to marry them all together was great. Other chapters include... setting goals in a way that they will actually be beneficial, procrastination and how to defeat it biologically, how the energy of our circadian rhythms work for or against us in focus, how to start singletasking... lots more, but overall I found this to be a highly actionable book. Which is surprisingly rare. In any case I will be looking for more from this author. - Reader
- There are a ton of interesting things in here that interest me very much. And I absolutely love the summary guide that the end. It was so muchinformation and it's nice to have an overview and summary in the fashion that the author put together. - Reader
- So much great advice, based on personal research. I've used some of his ideas since day one. Productivity is all about time, energy, and attention.When I start procrastinating, or get stuck, I can pick up this book and have a strategy to move forward. Reading this book has been a breath of fresh air. It offers legitimate techniques that make you feel ready to take on life in a more happy, and therefore productive, way. - Reader
- ASIN : B075V6N5R3
- Publisher : PH Learning Co. (September 22, 2017)
- Publication date : September 22, 2017
- Language : English
- File size : 1343 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 213 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #340,524 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a quick read, though.
I've heard of some things like the commonly talked about pomodoro technique, but most was new and I'll have to admit I hadn't read any of the studies within the book. Good read if you're new to the topic, and also if you're a veteran of the topic like me. Every bit helps with focus, after all.
Top reviews from other countries