Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Shallow Waters Vol.4: A Flash Fiction Anthology (A Series of Supernatural Stories) Kindle Edition
Shallow Waters—where nothing stays buried.
With 21 Dark Fiction & Horror tales diving beneath the surface of life, death, and the mystery that lies beneath.
Shallow Waters is the official monthly flash fiction challenge hosted by the award-winning Crystal Lake Publishing. Every month a new challenge is posted online, with authors submitting via email. The best submissions are then posted on Crystal Lake’s Patreon page (an exclusive behind the scenes community of readers and authors), where patrons read daily entries and vote for the winner. What you’ll find in these Shallow Waters anthologies include the winners as well as the most popular of our finalists. Stay tuned for more volumes in this series, or find Crystal Lake Publishing on Patreon to enter or vote on future challenges.
Volume four includes suspenseful stories of death, Halloween, twisted love, karma, and travel horror.
Introduction by Joe Mynhardt
“Turkish Delight On the Blue Line” by Shoshana Edwards
“VII” by Mark Allan Gunnells (winner)
“Unfinished Education” by Jonah Buck
“Odor Mortis” by Red Lagoe
“Hook-Hand Man’s Last Night on Lovers’ Lane” by Patrick Barb
“A Table Set for One” by Dani Brown (winner)
“Love Letters” by Richard Thomas
“Mixed Marriage” by David Bernard
“Starlight and Fairy Dust” by Chloé Harper Gold (winner)
“Meme” by Michael Patrick Hicks (winner)
“As the Crow Flies” by Kevin Lucia
“I Didn’t Know What Love Was” by Ben Lathrop
“The Talk” by Lori Michelle
“Devour” by Austin James
“Sanctuary” by David J. Rank
“That Which Makes Me Happiest” by L. F. Falconer
“Reversal of Fortune” by Sheri White
“Thelma Takes the Devil” by Linda J. Marshall (winner)
“In That Dress” by Anthony D Redden
“What You’d Do for Love” by Mark Allan Gunnells
“Sansara” by Oleg Hasanov
“Oppenheimer’s Door” by Alexander Zelenyj
In this volume…
- Russian horror comes out of the shadows
- A man, his dead wife, and a Great Emptiness…
- We often say we’d do anything for those we love...but do we mean it?
- As traffic to his killing grounds declines, a murderous figure from urban legend contemplates a change of scenery
- Come to the Crossroads. He’s waiting. So is she
- Friendships are fragile and rarely live up to expectation, as the kind elderly man with his lovely candies will soon learn
- Haunted by his daughter and promised a new one by his bride, Donnie can’t stop eating
- Some messes need to be left!
- A runaway witch won’t let her limited knowledge of hexes and spells deter her from her goals
- Karma’s a bitch when the latest internet craze leads to murder—or is it merely an elaborate hoax?
- What happens when desire becomes obsession?
- Meet-cute with a handsome single dad takes an unexpected turn
- They say love lost feels like death; love found can be so much worse
- Desperate times call for desperate measures
- Losing an eating contest is hard to swallow
- 7 verses of poetry give you a glimpse into the heart of a twisted soul
- What happens when you'll never get your fill?
- You’ll want to turn up your nose to online dating
- A mother will stop at nothing to protect her daughter
Proudly brought to you by Crystal Lake Publishing—Tales from the Darkest Depths.
From the Publisher
Take a Deep Breath and Dive Beneath the Surface of Shallow Waters—Where Nothing Stays Buried.
This series includes over 100 flash fiction stories by the likes of Chad Lutzke, Armand Rosamilia, Tim Waggoner, Robert Ford, Jonathan Winn, Mark Allan Gunnells, Jezzy Wolfe, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dino Parenti, Kenneth W. Cain, John Boden, Matt Shaw, Jess Landry, Dan Weatherer, Theresa Derwin, Monique Snyman, Richard Thomas, Jennifer Loring, Lee Murray, Kevin Lucia, Ben Lathrop, Lori Michelle, Jason Parent, Dave Jeffery, AJ Franks, Jonathan Fortin, R.B. Wood, Jay Bechtol, Robert W. Walker, Denver Grenell, and many more.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "This series of Flash fiction horror anthologies offers up bite size scare snacks that thrill, chill and ultimately disturb. A must read."—Theresa Derwin
- ASIN : B082GBKZRR
- Publisher : Crystal Lake Publishing (December 13, 2019)
- Publication date : December 13, 2019
- Language : English
- File size : 259 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 73 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #623,513 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: