Lurking silently beneath the ocean's placid surface is one of nature's most terrifying creatures, a powerful predator who can rip its prey apart in a matter of seconds! Now experience actual shark attacks and rescues captured on film. Explore the science, myths and mystery of this fearsome predator in 14 favorite Discovery Channel programs from Shark Week!
By ordering or viewing, you agree to our Terms. Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC.
- 1. Sharks in a Desert SeaAugust 13, 199944minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe waters off Mexico's western coastline host a diverse population of sharks whose survival is threatened by humans. Follow shark researcher Rocky Strong and naturalist Rocio Lozano as they swim with these creatures in four beautiful locations.
- 2. Prehistoric SharksAugust 8, 199844minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA menacing predator the size of a Greyhound bus roamed Earth's ancient oceans making meals of whales. This "megatooth" is believed to weigh 20 times more than a large great white today.
- 3. Air Jaws: Sharks of South AfricaAugust 12, 200143minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWitness the awesome power of great white sharks hurtling themselves out of the water to attack their prey. Among the most spectacular predatory events in nature, only great whites of South Africa's False Bay engage in this mighty display.
- 4. Future SharkAugust 27, 200144minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishEnter the murky depths of the shark's secret world to witness startling new behaviors. Glimpse a habitat previously unknown to humans as remote control and satellite technology allow cameras to follow these deep-diving predators 24/7.
- 5. Air Jaws II: Even HigherAugust 10, 200243minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDo great white sharks fly through the air only in one secluded bay in South Africa, or do they roam the world's oceans waiting for just the right opportunity to go airborne? Follow the jaw-dropping aerial acrobatics of these one-ton, 15-foot predators.
- 6. Shark Attack RescuersJuly 28, 200743minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishExplore the most popular but dangerous beaches around the world to document difficult rescue attempts from shark attacks. With each attack, the rescuers are often as traumatized as the survivors.
- 7. Jaws of the PacificAugust 14, 200343minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishResearchers, analyzing data from new satellite technology, have discovered that the great white shark makes incredible long-distance migrations across the Pacific. Transmitters attached to the sharks may soon reveal hidden birthing and mating grounds.
- 8. Bull Shark: The World's Deadliest SharkJuly 29, 200444minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishNine feet of brawn and muscle, the bull shark is one of the most aggressive animals on earth. Join zoologist Nigel Marven on a journey to learn more about these incredible predators, including a trip to the shark infested waters of the Bahamas.
- 9. Anatomy of a Shark BiteFebruary 20, 200544minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishShark behavioral scientist Dr. Erich Ritter was bitten by a bull shark while filming with the Discovery Channel in the Bahamas. He will examine the footage of his unfortunate incident and discuss the difference between a shark bite and an actual attack.
- 10. Shark Bite! Surviving Great WhitesJuly 18, 200544minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBeing attacked by the most fearsome predator in the ocean is horrific, but shark attacks have uncovered many mysteries about great whites. Meet actual survivors and find out how their encounters have affected their lives.
- 11. American SharkJuly 18, 200543minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJourney around the coast of the U.S. in search of shark life from the deep ocean, the coral reef, the shallow waters and even favorite beaches. Find out why some species justify visceral fears and discover others that are rarely seen.
- 12. Shark Hunter: Chasing the Great WhiteJuly 20, 200539minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishFrank "Monster Man" Mundus, legendary shark hunter, may have inspired the infamous Captain Quint from "JAWS". From his invention of Monster Fishing to his capture of a record 4,500-lb. great white, Mundus' passion for sharks stretches a half-century.
- 13. Shark Attack SurvivorsMay 4, 200644minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishLearn the secrets of the most deadly and misunderstood marine predator in the world. Viewers will explore the mysteries behind why these creatures of the deep are attacking humans around the globe as well as the best ways to survive an attack.
- 14. Shark RebellionAugust 3, 200649minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Brazilian city of Recife is under siege. Its sharks have suddenly become man-eaters. Using the evidence left by the sharks' jaws, a team of scientists use these clues to unravel the mystery of Recife's golden coastline.
- Jeff KurrNick StringerTony SaccoBrian ArmstrongPaul MatusheskiGareth JohnsonKevin BacharNick CaloyianisScott GurneyRobert Nixon
- Season year
- Discovery Channel
- Content advisory
- Purchase rights
- Stream instantly Details
- Prime Video (streaming online video)
- Available to watch on supported devices
4.3 out of 5 stars
284 global ratings
- 70% of reviews have 5 stars
- 11% of reviews have 4 stars
- 8% of reviews have 3 stars
- 3% of reviews have 2 stars
- 9% of reviews have 1 stars