Top positive review
Cheap Android TV with some limitations
Reviewed in the United States on April 4, 2020
I bought this TV for my mom and set it up to use its native remote instead of airmouse which I would normally suggest to use due to her physycal limitations.
I was not able to find information about the android part of this TV and took a risk and bought this TV anyway.
Below is the information I was looking for, but was not able to find it before the purchase.
1) Do not expect this android to be similar to the one on your phone. There are several restrictions, in particular with the choice of a language (yes, English is included) and the choice of apps in Google Playstore is significantly limited;
2) The good news is that you can sideload apps, however most of them will appear as system apps and you will need a special app called SideLoader (available in TV PlayStore) to launch them. The path you would take: install app on your phone first, save APK from the phone to USB, put USB in the TV and launch it using file explorer.
3) Performance of Android is good, it is snappy and there are no delays while navigating menus.
As far as the TV itself it is OK. I have two major complaints:
1) Sound is too loud and normal sound for a person who is not deaf is in the very beginning of the adjustment spectrum pretty much one click from turning sound off completely. This means that you do not have much freedom of adjustment;
2) TV legs are flimsy as already pointed out by other reviewers, however the TV itself is extremely light, so it is not such a big issue.
If you can live with the above cons I mentioned it is a good, cheap android TV with snappy android and I do recommend it.
They have recently pushed system update which updated the Android version to 9, but completely wiped out all user data and installed apps. I had to go through the setup process once again. Although not a disaster, but definitely an inconvenience. The upgrade is launched manually, so if you do not want to go through the hassle of setup and reinstalling all your apps - do not launch this update!