- ASIN: B00DQGIHR8
- Item model number: 205b
- Customer Reviews: 88 customer ratings
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#854 in Amazon Devices & Accessories (See Top 100 in Amazon Devices & Accessories)
- #43 in All Kindle Protection Plans
- Date first listed on Amazon: July 2, 2013
2-Year SquareTrade Warranty plus Accident Protection for All-New Kindle Paperwhite 3G
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Your card will be charged immediately, but accident coverage starts when Kindle is shipped
- Receive a replacement device 2 to 3 days after you make a valid claim
- Extends mechanical and electrical breakdown coverage
- Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 90 days
- No deductibles or shipping fees
- Fully transferable with gifts
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
2 Years of Accident Coverage for your Kindle
The vast majority of Kindle failures occur because of accidents. With the 2-Year Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle, you are protected starting from day one if breaks occur because of an accident, for example:
- Your child knocks it off a table
- The dog chews it
- You drop it in water
- It gets stepped on
In addition to accidents, the 2-Year Warranty also covers you from all electrical and mechanical breakdown for an extra 1 year after the standard one year manufacturer warranty ends. This includes battery replacement if the maximum charge falls below one-half of the original potential.
Your 2-Year Warranty Coverage Includes:
- 3 replacements over the 2 year term, with no deductibles or fees
- Hassle-Free 2-day shipping both ways
SquareTrade – The Best Warranty Around
In business since 1999, SquareTrade is the largest independent warranty provider and the only warranty consistently rated 5 stars by consumers. We have over 100,000 fans on Facebook and a 5-star rating on Google Review
The Most Awarded Warranty for Service*:
*As rated by consumers across Amazon.com, ResellerRatings.com, and NexTag.com.
Easy Claims Filing
The claim process is painless - start by calling 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year.
SquareTrade will ship a replacement Kindle to you (same or newer model depending on availability). You will also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send back the damaged Kindle to the fulfillment center. A valid credit card is required on file to do an advanced exchange. If you don't return the damaged Kindle within 30 days, you will be charged the price of the replacement device.
SquareTrade has designed the warranty with your needs in mind. They make it easy for you to:
Other Things You Should Know
- Upon purchase, you will get an email. This is your official confirmation of a purchase. A welcome kit will also be sent via mail (for pre-orders, we will send the Welcome Kit after your Kindle ships). So as to offer an efficient customer experience, SquareTrade may also contact you about your purchase by telephone.
- Please read the terms and conditions from the link at the top of the page. There is also a link to an easy to understand Service Agreement Summary.
- Start Date: Warranty lasts two years from Kindle ship date. Your warranty plan begins on the date your Kindle shipped (or when your Kindle ships for pre-ordered devices) and is inclusive of the manufacturer warranty period. For pre-ordered products or items that are delivered late, call SquareTrade to extend your warranty plan to the actual shipping date. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For toll free assistance please call 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year. An agent is always happy to assist you.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Being an inveterate reader, I use my Kindle WAY more than the average 1-hour-a-day crowd, which only increases the odds of me spazzing-out and putting it at risk. Of course, my daily hot-tub read-a-thon with my trusty Trendy Digital waterproof cover only adds to the possibilities for disaster; that was the scene of the deadly drop that killed my original Paperwhite. So although conventional wisdom says that extended warranties on products are generally a waste, I've found this not to be true for something so high-tech and SO constantly-used as my various Kindles. It's a gamble either way, but the modest up-front cost has paid off for me big-time over the years and Kindles, with zero-hassle and very prompt replacement from Amazon.
So when I decided to give my newly-replaced Paperwhite to my sister and splurge on the newest Paperwhite for myself, I naturally included the protection plan, since my new reader will be facing the same dangers as the old one. I'm still as careful as always, but it feels good knowing I've got a safety-net for my precious new Paperwhite just-in-case!