|Item model number||SAT32M225|
|Item Weight||3.52 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.59 x 6.69 x 1.18 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||5.59 x 6.69 x 1.18 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||March 15, 2014|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
StarTech.com M.2 SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter - M.2 NGFF to SATA Converter - 7mm - Open-Frame Bracket - M2 Hard Drive Adapter (SAT32M225)
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.81 (32%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BOOST SYSTEM PERFORMANCE: Easily increase system performance by adding the speed of an M.2 SSD in any 2.5" SATA application with the M.2 SSD to 2.5 inch SATA Adapter.
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: The M.2 to SATA converter supports full length M.2 SDD solid state drives and can mount multiple drive heights including: 2230, 2242, 2260, and 2280.
- INCREASED TRANSFER SPEEDS: Utilize the full potential of your SATA III controller, with an M.2 SSD, reducing your data transfer bottleneck with file transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps.
- HASSLE-FREE SETUP: This M2 hard drive adapter offers a fast an easy setup with no drivers to install. The mounting hardware is also included in the M.2 SSD to SATA adapter.
- OPEN FRAME DESIGN: Designed to maximize heat dissipation, the M.2 NGFF SSD to 2.5 inch SATA adapter converter will help protect the health of your hard drive.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Convert an M.2 SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Vastly Increase System Performance
Vastly increase system performance by adding the speed of an M.2 SSD in any 2.5" SATA application, with the M.2 SSD to SATA adapter.
Utilize the Full Potential of Your SATA III Controller
Utilize the full potential of your SATA III controller, with an M.2 SSD reducing your data transfer bottleneck with file transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps.
M.2 SSDs can also save you money by reducing your power consumption over regular platter drives.
Open Frame Design
Help protect the health of your drive with an open-frame design that maximizes heat dissipation.
Compare with similar items
Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD / 2.5-Inch SATA I/II/IIIHard Drive Adapter (EC-SSHD)
StarTech.com M.2 (NGFF) SSD to 2.5in SATA III Adapter - Up to 6 Gbps - M.2 SSD Converter to SATA with Protective Housing (SAT2M2NGFF25)
StarTech.com 4-Drive M.2 SSD (NGFF) to SATA Hard Drive Adapter for 3.5" Drive Bay - Supports 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 NGFF SATA - 6Gbps (35S24M2NGFF)
KBR M.2 NGFF or mSATA to USB or SATA 3.0 Adapter, 2-in-1 NGFF or mSATA Converter Reader Card with 2.5 inch SATA Cable, Support mSATA SSD or M.2 SATA Based B Key SSD 2230 2242 2260 2280
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||KBR Online|
|Item Dimensions||5.59 x 6.69 x 1.18 inches||5.12 x 4.33 x 1.38 inches||6.38 x 5.12 x 1.18 inches||8.58 x 6.14 x 1.77 inches||7.40 x 5.30 x 0.60 inches|
Vastly increase system performance of your hard drive by adding the speed of an M.2 SSD in any 2.5" SATA application, with this M.2 SSD to 2.5in SATA adapter. Boost System Performance Utilize the full potential of your SATA III controller, with an M.2 SSD, reducing your data transfer bottleneck with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps. This M.2 NGFF to SATA adapter can also save you money by reducing your power consumption over regular platter drives. Hassle-Free Setup This M.2 to 2.5 adapter offers a fast an easy setup with no drivers to install. The mounting hardware is also included with the M.2 SSD to SATA adapter for a quick installation. Open-Frame Design The M.2 to SATA converter helps protect the health of your hard drive with an open-frame design that maximizes heat dissipation. The M2 to SATA hard drive adapter is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty, and lifetime technical support.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros: this adapter supports NOT FORMATTED (not allocated) disks, which is a big plus!
Per my knowledge, none of the current m.2 to USB adapters support not-formatted SSDs, which means you have to remove your current SSD, install the new one, format it, remove, reinstall original SSD, only then the new SSD can be used with a USB adapter, rather inconvenient procedure. This was one of reasons I purchased this specific adapter. And it worked just fine, the cloning software identified the new SSD adapter as a non-allocated disk and cloned right away.
The PCB, soldering, assembly of the adapter, metal rails show a good quality, not some cheap crap that I usually see at this price range.
1. The adapter is kind of mirrored/reversed, the power and data sockets are at the reverse side compared to a standard 2.5 inch HDD/SSD sockets. In desktops it may not be an issue as power/data cables are separate and you can install the adapter the way you want to for SSD's optimal heat dissipation. In laptops though, most of the time 2.5 inch drives are installed the aluminum cover looking outside (PCB side inside) of the laptop, and only one combo cable is attached which usually cannot be reversed. Example: Dell inspiron 7559 laptop. The only way this adapter gets into the 2.5 inch bay, is with SSD facing inside the laptop which is not good for heat dissipation at all. No way I could install it SSD facing outside as the laptop connector is right-angle and cannot be flipped. Just compare the connectors location of the adapter to any 2.5 HDD connectors, you'll get the point. This should be considered if you're worried about SSD cooling using thermal pads etc.
2. The mount and screw for 2280 SSD protrudes from the adapter edge by about a millimeter, causing the laptop's HDD bracket to be bent slightly to fit the adapter. You don't get a flush edge which is kind of upsetting, but it did not cause issues fitting in the bay. If your laptop SSD bracket is not flexible enough, you may have issues installing this with 2280-long SSDs. Wish the manufacturer placed the SSD connector 1mm further inwards, so that the mount did not go beyond the edge and would sit flush.
Overall, an excellent product and well deserved 5 stars if you do cloning, or install in desktop. For permanent install I'd give 4 stars because of heat dissipation issue due to reverse install in some laptops. Something to consider depending on your application.
I cloned one Windows 10 drive so I could upgrade to a much larger SSD than what was supplied with the laptop and it worked, for about 16 hours. Then total crap and the drive didn't die, but got some serious corruption going. I ended up putting the old drive back in as I didn't format it yet, everything was cool.
Next I cloned the data drive to upgrade to a bigger size and this worked without issues. The computer was not a Lenovo with extra hardware security or anything weird like that and I haven't tried again since.
Overall the use of the adapters went well, easy to slide the drive in and secure it with the screw.
Easy to use
Replicator Friendly (Mechanical to SSD and SSD to Mechanical)
Software Friendly - OS & Drive Copy Software
The adjustable lock screw is poorly designed and hard to move - essentially it's small, hard to see if dropped, and there are no methods to hold the barrel in place when re-attaching to the board so you have to hope that you get it right while it's trying to move.
The chassis is a little bit more flexible than it needs to be, not cheap feeling though, just needs a bit more stability.
Top international reviews
Below is a link to the M2 I put in it and as stated above it works fine, I will update this review if I have any problems with it further down the line.
I made a step by step YouTube guide showing how to install a second SSD into an ASUS VivoBook, S15 S510UN, using this product. To find it search for "Ivor's Tech Reviews" on YouTube.
Ora, visto che i dischi m.2 Nvme Samsung sono molto venduti sarebbe auspicabile redigere inserzioni più chiare secondo me pensando che la maggior parte dei potenziali acquirenti di m.2 non conosce nel dettaglio tutti i tipi di attacco di questi dischi che sono sul mercato da poco tempo.
Infatti , a riprova di ciò, sia nelle recensioni che nelle risposte ai quesiti posti dagli utenti interessati all'acquisto si legge tutto e il contrario di tutto in proposito e ciò ha indotto in inganno anche me.
Sarebbe auspicabile scrivere chiaramente "NON COMPATIBILE CON M.2 NVME".
Poi grazie ad Amazon che permette il reso