Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Stephen Arterburn
Steve is a nationally known public speaker and has been featured in national media venues such as "Oprah," "Inside Edition," "Good Morning America," "CNN Live," the "New York Times," "USA Today," and "US News & World Report." In August 2000, Steve was inducted into the National Speakers Association's Hall of Fame. A best-selling author, Steve has written over 60 books, including the popular Every Man's series and his most recent book, "Healing Is a Choice." He has been nominated for numerous writing awards and has won four Gold Medallion Awards for writing excellence.
Steve has degrees from Baylor University and the University of North Texas as well as two honorary doctorate degrees. Steve resides with his family in Laguna Beach, California.
Connect with Stephen on Twitter (@SteveArterburn)
Customers Also Bought Items By
From movies and television to print media and the Internet, men are continually bombarded with sensual images and content. It is impossible to avoid temptation, but this book offers a clear and tested strategy for victory.
Millions have found Every Man's Battle an invaluable guide to overcoming the struggle and remaining strong in the face of temptation. With extensive updates, including the latest data on the intersection between brain science and sexuality, this bestseller shares the stories of dozens who have escaped the trap of sexual immorality and presents a practical, detailed plan for living with sexual integrity and a godly view of women.
A comprehensive workbook makes this an ideal resource for small groups as well as personal use.
Few challenges in life are as difficult as regaining a wife’s trust—and few are as ultimately worthwhile. Trust can be rebuilt in your marriage! With patient, loving, self-sacrificing effort, it’s possible that one day your wife will risk her heart with you again. And she may even have more respect and love for you than before.
In Worthy of Her Trust, Jason Martinkus relates how he repaired his own marriage after revelations of sexual addiction. Along with Stephen Arterburn, Jason offers exercises and tools rooted in counseling principles to help your marriage begin again. This comprehensive guide discusses:
· How to be truly and effectively transparent
· Combating the “he must not love me” myth and other untruths
· What to do about the Internet, office temptations, and travel
· Encouragement for wives who wonder if trust can ever be restored
· The “five-minute phone call” and other daily trust-building strategies
· What meaningful forgiveness and restitution look like
· The Amends Matrix—a concrete exercise to admit past wrongs and cast a vision for a faithful future
Including insights from Jason’s wife, Shelley, Worthy of Her Trust guides you through the process of rebuilding your relationship so it is stronger than ever.
This Second Edition of The Life Recovery Bible is updated with new articles on addiction recovery as well as a step-by-step life recovery meeting guide for leaders. This NLT Bible is essential to anyone starting or running recovery groups at church or in the community. The Second Edition works seamlessly with the original version. This allows users of both editions to communicate easily with each other regarding the location of notes and other features.
- Life Recovery Facilitator’s Guide
- Step-by-Step Life Recovery Meeting Guide
- Article: Thriving in a Secular Recovery Group
- Article: Life-Giving Recovery Groups in the Church
- Resources page directing readers to helpful books and online resources
- The 12 Christian Foundations of Life Recovery
- The 12 Self-Evident Truths of Life Recovery
- Article: A Word about Addictions
- Article: An Early History of Life Recovery
- Makes an excellent addiction recovery gift for loved ones
“This person’s approval means everything to me. It’s like it controls me.”
“Why can’t I get free from this cycle?”
If you find yourself having these feelings, it’s time to take your life back. Through personal examples, clinical insights, and spiritual truth, Stephen Arterburn and David Stoop will show you how to
- overcome the habits and history that are keeping you down—and take new, positive steps toward change;
- heal from the hurts, setbacks, and broken relationships that affect you every day;
- develop better boundaries with others in your life;
- stop overreacting and start responding appropriately to any situation or circumstance;
- break the cycle of behavior that harms you and your relationships;
- find the freedom you have longed for.
- New International Version text
- Book introductions and 44 charts
- Study Notes Help you gain a better perspective on a particular verse or passage
- Men, Women, and God—This feature focuses on two of the most important relationships in every man’s life: his relationship with God and his relationships with women
- Someone You Should Know—Profiles of men in the Bible and what their lives can teach us about the importance of faith in our own lives
- What the Bible Says About—Gives insight into the Bible’s vital message on all kinds of topics for daily living
- Perspectives—Glean bits of information from great men who have lived through many of the same issues and struggles that you face
- Personal Gold—Sound advice from the pros: Henry Blackaby, Stuart Briscoe, Tony Evans, David Jeremiah, Gordon MacDonald, Bill McCartney, J. I. Packer, Joseph Stowell, and Chuck Swindoll
Steve Arterburn and Fred Stoeker, the authors of the hard-hitting best-seller Every Man’s Battle, now focus on the temptations young single Christian men like you face every day–and they offer workable, biblical strategies for achieving sexual purity.
The authors examine the standard of Ephesians 5:3–“there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality”–in a positive and sensitive light. And they explain how an authentic, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ is the key to victory over temptation. Every Young Man’s Battle will show you how to train your eyes and your mind, how to clean up your thought life, and how to develop a realistic battle plan for remaining pure in today’s sexually soaked culture. As a result, you’ll experience hope–real hope–for living a strong, pure life God’s way
The world you live in promotes sex as the answer to just about everything. The pressure to go along with the crowd is greater than ever before, and it’s easy to compromise in little ways that are a lot more harmful than they seem. You and your friends may become caught up in destructive relationships or sexual activities without even knowing how you got there. You just want to be normal–to fit in, to be liked, to look attractive to the opposite sex. But are you paying too high a price?
This counterpart to the award-winning Every Young Man’s Battle can help you:
· learn how the sexual battle begins in your heart and mind
· understand your hunger for attention from guys
· recognize and avoid the potential pitfalls awaiting young women on the journey toward adulthood and possibly marriage
· find out how the media, novels, fashion, internet chat rooms, and body and beauty obsessions influence your sexual choices–and what you can do about it
· guard your mind, heart, and body against sexual and emotional compromise
· develop a deeper, more satisfying level of intimacy with God
Whether you have so far protected yourself emotionally and sexually, feel that you’ve been robbed of your purity, or have given in to temptation in some way, this book can help you achieve or reclaim sexual integrity. It can also guide you through the temptations and pressures of young adulthood while demonstrating how you can live your life to the fullest–without regrets.
As a clinical psychotherapist for nearly thirty years, Patricia Kuhlman has worked with many people who have been victimized by another’s NPD. She joins Stephen Arterburn to explore:
- Practical tools to break the cycle of pain and find healing
- What narcissism is and how people become narcissists
- The most current research about NPD
- How to define, express, and establish personal boundaries
- A how-to, self-care program including sample responses to narcissistic behaviors
Most importantly, Kuhlman offers validation, understanding, and encouragement. Being in relationship with a narcissist can be lonely and confusing. Find stability and truth in this practical guide.
Authors Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker (with Mike Yorkey) believe that every man can meet the secret desires of his wife. The problem is, most of us aren't exactly sure what that desire is and how we can go about fulfilling it faithfully.
In Every Man's Marriage, you can discover the common misconceptions about what it means to exercise biblical authority, and understand the role of submission in the marriage relationship. This groundbreaking book can help men grasp and apply essential but often overlooked principles for marital leadership.
Through candid reflections on their own struggles to achieve biblical unity in their own marriages, along with many years of combined experience in marital counseling, Arterburn and Stoeker apply solid, time-tested biblical wisdom to the everyday potential distortions that can lead to strife in a marriage.
The second book in the Every Man series, this is the perfect follow-up to the best-selling Every Man's Battle. Every Man's Marriage is a terrific resource for establishing mutual respect and sacrifice in your marriage based on Christ's example of loving His bride, the church.
Ideal for all parents of boys: fathers, mothers, single moms.
It’s never been easy for a father or mother to talk to a son about sex. For Christian parents, it’s always been a challenge to know exactly how to teach God’s standards of purity and integrity.
But today, the stakes are higher than they’ve ever been. So it’s vital that fathers and mothers prepare their sons to withstand the sexual onslaught of their culture through movies, television, music, and the internet.
But what should you say? And when and how should you say it?
Now there’s help you can trust: Preparing Your Son for Every Man’s Battle. The authors behind the best-selling “Every Man” series have put together all the resources and guidance you need to experience frank, thorough, and natural conversations with your son about sexual integrity. They offer an effective new communication process that ensures a deep, abiding relationship between you and your son as he moves into his teen years and beyond.
Equip your young man with the biblical information and spiritual insights he needs to stand strong, overcome temptation, and experience the blessings of godly obedience…for the rest of his life.
DO YOU WANT TO GET WELL?
The power to heal—physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually—is in God’s hands. But the choice to be healed is yours. Everyone, at some level, needs healing. You may have prayed for healing many times, for many years. Perhaps you have lived with your brokenness so long that you have become accustomed to it. Maybe you wonder just when God is going to take all the hurt away.
He can. But you also must choose to let the hurt go and let the healing begin.
In this special edition of Healing Is a Choice, author Stephen Arterburn offers a unique combination of book and workbook, outlining ten choices crucial to receiving healing. Embracing these choices means rejecting the lies we often tell ourselves. These are not hoops God requires you to jump through to earn your miracle; they form, instead, the journey He desires for you. He can—and will—walk with you. But you must put one foot in front of the other and choose to let the hurt go and let the healing begin.
“His Word affirms that God wants us to experience His healing, but many times we make choices that stand in the way. Healing Is a Choice is a helpful resource that lays out the path of healing God’s way.”
— JACK HAYFORD Founding pastor, The Church on the Way, Van Nuys, CA
“When we look back at the past turns and twists in the pathways of our lives, we can see significant choices we made, which helped create the lives we have now. Stephen Arterburn has provided us with a guide for making the right decisions today to provide a redemptive path for tomorrow.”
—JOHN TOWNSEND Coauthor of the bestseller Boundaries
“I am asking you to give up your life as you know it so that you can fi nd the life God has for you. Take hold of your future today and make the choices that will lead to your healing.”
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."