The Story of Civilization, Volume III The Making of the Modern World Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Children should not just read about history, they should live it. In The Story of Civilization, author Phillip Campbell's historical expertise and story-telling ability make history come alive like never before.
The Story of Civilization emphasizes presenting world history as a thrilling and compelling narrative. Within each chapter, children will encounter short stories that place them directly in the shoes of historical figures, both famous and ordinary, as they live through legendary battles and invasions, philosophical debates, the discovery of new inventions and sciences, and the exploration of the world.
Volume III: The Making of the Modern World continues the journey where Volume II left off amidst the Renaissance, quickly diving into the history-altering events of the Reformation. This fracturing of the Church dramatically altered the course of modern Europe and the world at large. This volume brings us through present-day Europe, showing us the effects of two world wars and how the Church responded to these changing times.
Have you always wanted your children to learn about world history from a Catholic perspective? Here, you’ll have the trusted resource you’ve always wanted. Children will meet great figures like Sts. Pius V, Thomas More, John Vianney, and Margaret Mary Alacoque, as well as powerful leaders like Napoleon and Kings Henry VIII of England and Louis XIV of France.
Did you know…
- Columbus called Native Americans “Indians” because he thought he had landed in India?
- Henry VIII was once known as “Defender of the Faith”?
- Five popes were known as the “prisoners of the Vatican” because they never left the Vatican grounds for 60 years?
- King Louis XIV was known as the “Sun King” because of the bright brilliance of his palace at Versailles?
- The Soviet Union built what was called “the Iron Curtain” behind which they ruled half of Europe?
Embark on the journey now to learn of all these wonders and more!
- Click above for unlimited listening to select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection — yours to keep (you'll use your first credit now).
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $14.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
People who viewed this also viewed
People who bought this also bought
Related to this topic
|Listening Length||9 hours and 38 minutes|
|Audible.com Release Date||August 07, 2018|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #28,457 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#7 in Teen & Young Adult European History
#13 in Biographies for Teens
#26 in Teen & Young Adult Historical Biographies