Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
TEACHING YOURSELF TO TEACH: A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO THE FUNDAMENTAL AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A TEACHER TODAY (Teaching Today) Paperback – August 24, 2020
Enhance your purchase
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
As a teacher, all you want is for your students to be passionate about learning and realize the potential you know they’re capable of reaching.
Are you a teacher who struggles with classroom management and lesson planning?
Alternatively, are you considering becoming a teacher and are looking to develop the essential teaching skills?
Teaching is the most challenging, and at the same time, the most rewarding job in the world.
From lesson planning to dealing with problematic students and overbearing parents, teachers have to juggle various responsibilities all at once.
Many teachers feel like they’ve given everything they have and struggle to keep their students interested.
Even if you’re an excellent teacher, it never hurts to upgrade your skills to improve and enrich your teaching style.
In this book you will discover:
- 8+ types of learners that will help you appraise your students and come up with the best teaching strategies for each one of them
- Blended learning techniques that allow you to incorporate digital tools in your real-life classrooms to enhance the learning experience
- A guidebook on classroom management, that will help even the most inexperienced teacher establish authority from the start
- Numerous tips and strategies for boosting motivation and inspiring students to excel in your class, even if you have some that are currently struggling
- Simple lesson planning instructions, carefully designed to make sure your classes are of the highest educational quality
- Tips on how to deal with problematic students and help them overcome their various learning issues
- and much more...
THE OTHER BOOK IN THE SERIES: TEACHING ONLINE
The Best Teaching Strategies and Tools for Your Online Classroom.
Learn how to gradually evolve and expand your teaching skills enormously to provide the best online learning experience for your students.
- Publisher : Wryting Ltd (August 24, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 178 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1913871096
- ISBN-13 : 978-1913871093
- Item Weight : 7.7 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.45 x 8.5 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #117,701 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well, along comes this book, which is pretty timely. I started reading it just to make sure it was good and pretty soon, I was immersed. I love how the author breaks down all of the different types of learners before delving into how to target pupils by type. Because when I was in school, there were only three types... which never seemed exactly right. From there, the author does a masterful job of providing step-by-step instructions for those who seek--not to manage kids--but to lead and inspire them.
Having now read the entire book myself, I am hugely excited to give this to my cousin, and I recommend highly for any teacher who is feeling a little stifled by the current environment of teaching, or who just needs a little inspiration. The tone is educational, but the ideas are concrete and good, and the spirit of the book is uplifting. And who couldn't use a little lift right now.
All Students Have Their Own Dominant Learning Styles:
1) Auditory Learners: excel at remembering what they hear; they respond well to rhythms, rhymes, music, and sounds; use sound effects when telling stories; play audiobooks
2) Kinesthetic Learners: prefer physical movement and activities; they learn best while moving; they tend to have advanced fine-motor skills; they thrive at role-playing
3) Logical Learners: excel at mathematics and reasoning; they enjoy categorizing and classifying; they are good with numbers, identifying cause and effect, and thinking strategically
4) Naturalistic Learners: respond well while they experience nature; they are observational learners quick to notice when things change; often they become scientists
5) Read + Write Learners: prefer written words; they are talented note-takers; enjoy word games; tend to choose creative occupations
6) Social Learners: respond well to social interaction; strong leadership skills; good at listening and identifying facial expressions; extroverts who love collaborating with others
7) Solitary Learners: prefer to study on their own; keep to themselves; introverts who need a quiet environment; love study guides; independent and creative
8) Verbal Learners: excel at literary and language studies; use their linguistic skills for writing and communicating; enjoy giving presentations; tend to be educators
9) Visual Learners: love visual aids like images, diagrams, colors, pictures, film clips, drawings; tend to have careers in design, art, photography, and architecture; learns well with flashcards
Students are more motivated to learn when they can do so using their own preferred learning style. The author recommends a blended learning environment that uses the best parts of traditional learning and adds the innovative aspects of online learning. Many online lessons can be delivered in a variety of learning styles so students can learn in their preferred manner.
The book also covers the importance of classroom management and shares valuable tips on creating a fun learning environment that is motivating for all types of learners. Also discussed is the fine art of lesson planning that teaches the different parts of an effective lesson.
I highly recommend this book for any teacher or aspiring teacher. Whether you are new to teaching or have been teaching for years (and want to refine your skills). This is a fantastic read.
Top reviews from other countries
The writing is poorly edited. At times, I wondered if a bot had written it. The introduction promises that "In this book, you will learn everything you need to become a better teacher". An arrogant statement to make. By the way, I learnt nothing. Save your money and buy Teach Like a Champ or one of the other excellent books by accomplished and experienced educators. I certainly won't buy another book like this without googling the author. Lesson learnt.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 11, 2021